Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AMC and OLTL CANCELED!; AMC to last air September 23rd, OLTL in Jan. 2012
Topic Started: Apr 14 2011, 01:23 PM (9,075 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

ABC must have known they were going to do this for quite awhile, it would explain Soapnet eventually morphing into a Disney cartoon channel.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Jamey Giddens: I heard if Anne Sweeney had her way, all three would have been cancelled this April. General Hospital better step up their game.

lysie
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Apr 14 2011, 02:14 PM
At least AMC and OLTL will be wrapped up with good writers. I'm fearful of the news of DAYS' cancellation, not because the show won't be on anymore, but because of the shitty send off the show will get under Dena Higley's pen.
Me too. I'm actually a littlepanicky about it.

Sariah
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 14 2011, 01:52 PM
I'm sad and I've never seen either show.
This! I feel so bad for their fans. :(

And The Chew has to be one of the worst names EVER for a show. I wouldn't watch it just based on the title alone.

sungrey

There are days I just want to walk away. I can't take much more of this. OLTL was hands down the BEST soap on the air and look at the shitty fucking treatment it got.

Band together. Demand better of the networks.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Wow, just wow! I wasn't expecting both of them to get cut at the same time. Can't believe we've only got four left.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Eric Martsolf: AMC & OLTL. I don't get it. Ticked off.

Kenny
Member Avatar

AMC, OLTL, Susan Lucci and Erica Kane are all trending on Twitter.

I understand that Erica Kane is a popular character and she's a soap icon, but it kind of annoys me that people only seem sad and concerned for Susan Lucci. What about all the other actors and crew members who lost their jobs today?

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

The CW should pick them up. I mean they could get better ratings then most of the CW's nighttime shows with the exception of a few. It would never happen since The CW is in the CBS family.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

THIS SUCKS.

robolynn

Oh man, this is bad news for all of the soaps. Unbelievable.

lagirl

Sorry to hear about all the lost jobs.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Crystal Chappell: So terribly sad about OLTL and AMC. Sending love and support to all....

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Hey, there's still that rumor about Oprah picking up AMC for her network. She needs a lineup.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mimi Torchin: To all my friends and colleagues at AMC and OLTL, you will move on and up. I mourn the loss of your shows and the genre. So sorry.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Such sad news. Pretty much the end of my soap viewing days.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Eric Martsolf tweeted:AMC & OLTL. I don't get it. Ticked off.

Deleted User
Deleted User

DrewH, you don,t have to worry about Lucci or Slezak at all. They have enough money where they never have to work another day in their life. And Lucci, she's too much of a POP CULTURE ICON to not get work in TV, Broadway/Theatre, books, jewelery, etc ...
Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Sariah
Apr 14 2011, 02:18 PM
And The Chew has to be one of the worst names EVER for a show.
It's such a stupid name. I thought "The Talk" was bad...

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I wonder what idiotic quote Corday will give over this news. I remember what he said about GL after it was canceled and it really angered a lot of people.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply