Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AMC and OLTL CANCELED!; AMC to last air September 23rd, OLTL in Jan. 2012
Topic Started: Apr 14 2011, 01:23 PM (10,064 Views)
~bl~
Member Avatar

Matt where did you hear this news?

Sheesh...I hope it doesn't screw with fan clubs and such. Then again not a true interview.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Skatergirl_19
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
May 4 2011, 04:13 PM
Matt
May 4 2011, 01:06 PM
Apparently ABC has now forbidden stars from both OLTL & AMC from giving interviews unless it is cleared with ABC's PR department.
Why would they even listen at this point? Whats the worst that could happen? They are fired...big deal they pretty much already are, save for a few months of lost income.
Exactly, I don't understand what the big deal is.

King
Member Avatar

Well, the last few months of paychecks is like thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars, and I'm sure ABC could take legal action if anyone does interviews. Maybe in their contracts or something?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

King
May 4 2011, 06:28 PM
Well, the last few months of paychecks is like thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars, and I'm sure ABC could take legal action if anyone does interviews. Maybe in their contracts or something?
Hmmm I never thought of that...maybe some sort of breach on their contract, which then they could be sued for....fucking ABC bastards!

Skatergirl_19
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
May 4 2011, 06:31 PM
King
May 4 2011, 06:28 PM
Hmmm I never thought of that...maybe some sort of breach on their contract, which then they could be sued for....fucking ABC bastards!
Neither did I but I feel that the stars should be able to do interviews.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I don't think it's that they CAN'T do interviews, I think it just means that they can only do interviews with ABC PR approved outlets & those interviews can only be negotiated via ABC PR (unlike typically when you couldn't get ABC PR to do shit and the actors would set up stuff themselves). What this boils down to is that Suzi Soapstar will probably only be allowed to speak to SOD, SID, SOW or TV Guide but will be forbidden to open their mouths to outlets like our own NaVell's Buzzworthy Radio, Daytime Confidential, Soaptown, etc.

james0479
Member Avatar

If I ever get another pet, I swear to God Im namig her Suzie Soapstar.

I know this has been said multiple times in this thread but I feel awful for the fans of these iconic shows. I felt that way personally when Another World and PAssions got the ax. Although, I ways knew Passions could go at any minute. Shit, imsurprised it lasted as long as it did! I've watched AMC here and there but never really cared for it. But I tons tons who adore it andOLTL. The only soap I have left is Days....and if they don't get their asses in gear, I'll be devastated. Never thought Id see the day when sooo many soaps are ending. It's just sad. And don't get me started on a show called the Fucking Chew!! Geez!!! However, it'll be interesting to see if this Sony deal pans out. I think it could be great for NBC and I'd love too see three soaps on NBC again. The behind the scenes stuff really is better than the actual shows! Lol :)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

So, the big question is....

WILL AMC AND OLTL's viewers leave daytime or re-distribute themselves to other shows?

WTGH
Member Avatar
Bitch!

Leave.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Here is an item from the "Careless Whispers" section of this weeek's SOW.

Quote:

Insiders hint that there's a struggle in the writers' office of one of the two soaps just canceled by ABC. One side wants to bring back as many vets as possible, while the other side wants to focus on the current cast to wrap up the show.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

Matt
May 5 2011, 12:31 AM
I don't think it's that they CAN'T do interviews, I think it just means that they can only do interviews with ABC PR approved outlets & those interviews can only be negotiated via ABC PR (unlike typically when you couldn't get ABC PR to do shit and the actors would set up stuff themselves). What this boils down to is that Suzi Soapstar will probably only be allowed to speak to SOD, SID, SOW or TV Guide but will be forbidden to open their mouths to outlets like our own NaVell's Buzzworthy Radio, Daytime Confidential, Soaptown, etc.
OLTL PR came to ME to do interviews w/ its peeps to promote sweeps month, and does not want me to condone in the fact that has been canceled and such. Basically, I can do interviews w/ them, but it cannot mention anything on the cancellation or anything else featured in a negative light, ie Robin Strasser.

I am sure Lauri Hogan heard the Stardish Radio show w/ La Strasser and Cat Hickland. I am sure she also noticed how Daytime Confidential called her out for being a lazy publicist at OLTL. Hell, even Michael Logan said so. Normally, and this has happened before, when she gets called out by other outlets, she will then get to moving on interviews and such.

elizabeth1
Member Avatar

NavJLee8785
May 6 2011, 05:25 PM
Matt
May 5 2011, 12:31 AM
OLTL PR came to ME to do interviews w/ its peeps to promote sweeps month, and does not want me to condone in the fact that has been canceled and such. Basically, I can do interviews w/ them, but it cannot mention anything on the cancellation or anything else featured in a negative light, ie Robin Strasser.

I am sure Lauri Hogan heard the Stardish Radio show w/ La Strasser and Cat Hickland. I am sure she also noticed how Daytime Confidential called her out for being a lazy publicist at OLTL. Hell, even Michael Logan said so. Normally, and this has happened before, when she gets called out by other outlets, she will then get to moving on interviews and such.
Interesting, but, wait, is Strasser in trouble for her comments?

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

dc cubs
May 6 2011, 04:38 PM
Here is an item from the "Careless Whispers" section of this weeek's SOW.

Quote:

Insiders hint that there's a struggle in the writers' office of one of the two soaps just canceled by ABC. One side wants to bring back as many vets as possible, while the other side wants to focus on the current cast to wrap up the show.
I think it is AMC, they should be planning the end right now. OLTL still has a lot of time left, and I think they will play out all pre-cancellation stuff through at least September/October.

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

I didn't know where to post this or if it's been posted yet. I hope it's okay that I posted it here.

So I'm watching Entertainment Tonight and I caught this...

Quote:

Katie Couric to Replace 'General Hospital' for $20 Million?

Posted Image

It seems that Katie Couric has figured out her next move after she leaves "CBS Evening News" in June.

According to a TMZ report, Katie Couric is on the verge of signing a $20 million deal with ABC. The deal would give her her own one one-hour, five-days-a-week talk show, but possibly at the expense of "General Hospital" - the last remaining soap on ABC.

In addition to her own talk show, Couric will reportedly also host specials for "20/20" and ABC News.

Though both People.com and TMZ.com reported the story, Couric's rep tells People.com that nothing has been confirmed.

"There is a lot of speculation and misinformation out there," her rep tells People. "But no deal has been reached with any party."

http://www.etonline.com/news/110483_Katie_Couric_to_Replace_General_Hospital_for_20_Million/index.html
Edited by Zoe_Zeppelin, May 9 2011, 06:57 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I think it's OLTL. It screams of Carlivati to try and throw in the kitchen sink of past stars and stories. Its what drove me off the show during the anniversary.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

AMC last airs on ABC September 23rd.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/soaps/amc/news/item/4555-abc-sets-all-my-childrens-final-airdate

AMC's final airdate is September 23.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Definitely makes it more real.

skiman1208
Member Avatar

AMC will last air on ABC Sept. 23rd but I am hoping beyond hope it will continue somewhere else after that. I know it's a pipe dream but as much as I try I haven't been able to let go of AMC.
Edited by skiman1208, May 13 2011, 09:32 PM.

Tammy
Member Avatar

NavJLee8785
May 11 2011, 10:45 AM
AMC last airs on ABC September 23rd.
Hard to believe that is only a little over 4 months away! :shame:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply