Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AMC and OLTL CANCELED!; AMC to last air September 23rd, OLTL in Jan. 2012
Topic Started: Apr 14 2011, 01:23 PM (9,912 Views)
Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

According to Errol at SON, OLTL last airs on January 20, as The Revolution premieres on January 23.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Can't believe after January 20, 2012 we will be down to 4 daytime soaps :(
Edited by Fafokahw, May 14 2011, 11:55 AM.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Eric83
May 14 2011, 10:22 AM
According to Errol at SON, OLTL last airs on January 20, as The Revolution premieres on January 23.
How depressing :shame:

RutherfordBHayes

I did have this political cartoon run through my head...perhaps all you OLTL and AMC fans will appreciate it.
The prophesy that the world would end on Saturday, May 21, comes to pass. ABC Daytime Head Brian Frons is at the entrance to the pearly gates, he smiles and says "I've dodged a major bullet. The world has ended BEFORE the final episodes of OLTL and AMC." Then he looks around, and, behind him are the irate fans who intend to be part of his welcoming committee to the 'other place.'
His frightened look of doom equated to the most memorable scenes of 'The Twilight Zone.' It was priceless, I just had to share this with all of you.

Eric83
Member Avatar

AMC's last tape date is September 2 according to SOD.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Eric83
May 26 2011, 10:30 AM
So AMC is only taping about 2-3 weeks ahead? Then someone tell me why the fuck DAYS feels the need to tape 3 MONTHS ahead.

RoseVioletDaisy
Member Avatar

Two or three weeks ahead is perfect. It makes it possible to be responsive to audience reaction in a timely manner and it won't take forever for writing changes to be felt. The only down side to Higley's firing is that we have to endure her garbage for so damn long because of how far ahead they are. And if the new writers want to change things so drastically that they have to go back and reshoot stuff that was taped way too far ahead, it'll end up costing them money. Money well spent, but money nonetheless.

Eric83
Member Avatar

Matt
May 26 2011, 10:54 AM
Eric83
May 26 2011, 10:30 AM
So AMC is only taping about 2-3 weeks ahead? Then someone tell me why the fuck DAYS feels the need to tape 3 MONTHS ahead.
AMC, GH, Y&R all film 3 weeks ahead. OLTL 2 months ahead. DAYS 3 months ahead. Have no idea about B&B.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Sheesh. I can see it now. Days will last air on Sept 15th, 2013. The last day of filming will be July 16th, 2012.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply