Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ashton Kutcher Joining 'Two and a Half Men'
Topic Started: May 12 2011, 09:11 PM (585 Views)
Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Ashton Kutcher Tweets About Joining 'Two and a Half Men'

After The Hollywood Reporter broke the news that Ashton Kutcher is replacing Charlie Sheen on the CBS comedy Two and a Half Men, Kutcher tweeted about the news.
"What's the square root of 6.25?" he wrote late Thursday afternoon.
The answer is, in fact, 2 1/2.

Earlier in the day, Kutcher had offered this cryptic message: "I'm starting to become convinced that people put my name in articles just to improve their SEO or hoping I'll tweet it."
Kutcher is joining the show for upcoming ninth season, opposite Jon Cryer and Angus T. Jones.
Sources said Men creator Chuck Lorre has crafted a story line to introduce Kutcher in a way that satisfies the network and studio.

"It’s really funny,” one source said. “People are going to love it."
Sheen has yet to react to the news on Twitter, but several viewers weighed in with their reactions, and Ashton Kutcher immediately became a top trending topic.

SOURCE: THR.COM
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Wow, thats a suprise. He is much better choice than Hugh Grant.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Ha.. We posted at the same time.. :D

Via Michael Ausiello

That noise you hear is Team TVLine tooting its own horn.

Sources confirm that Ashton Kutcher has finalized a deal to replace Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men — a suggestion that was first proposed on this site three months ago.

Sure he was one of a half-dozen names we floated, but we still deserve props, dammit!

The Kutcher news comes two days after Deadline.com reported that Hugh Grant rejected a lucrative offer to join CBS’ No. 1 sitcom.

This marks Kutcher’s first series gig since That ’70s Show went off the air in 2006. Details regarding his Men character have not been disclosed. Chances are CBS is holding that piece of news until upfront day on May 18.

No comment yet from Sheen’s camp.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/its-official-ashton-kutcher-replacing-charlie-sheen-on-two-and-a-half-men/

BC2.0
Member Avatar
Jester

What the fuck?

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

This seems pretty random to me. Guess they had to choose someone though.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I am curious to see what Charlie says about this.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

I don't follow the show but Hugh Grant seemed like a more interesting choice. Too bad that deal fell through.

BC2.0
Member Avatar
Jester

I don't mean to be rude, but isn't he kind of too famous to be doing a CBS sitcom? I could understand if it were the boss job on The Office, but come on.

Mason

BC2.0
May 12 2011, 09:36 PM
I don't mean to be rude, but isn't he kind of too famous to be doing a CBS sitcom? I could understand if it were the boss job on The Office, but come on.
Well, it's not like he's had huge success in film...

BC2.0
Member Avatar
Jester

Mason
May 12 2011, 09:55 PM
BC2.0
May 12 2011, 09:36 PM
Well, it's not like he's had huge success in film...
But I just thought he'd try and stretch out the whole movie thing for another thousand years, like Kate Hudson or Brendan Fraser.

Tammy
Member Avatar

:shame:

I don't even watch this show, but seriously...

:shame:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Interesting.

I thought they would go with someone who could play the "pretty boy" or "playboy" type like John Stamos. That is why I was shocked to see names like Hugh Grant being discussed and now to see Kutcher is surprising. I mean, I am interested in whatever direction they are going in. It's a different direction than I expected because I thought they wanted someone to replace Charlie's character so they could keep those dynamics and I can't see Kutcher doing that. They will likely go with a different dynamic and that could be interesting. I can see a resemblance between Kutcher and Cryer so they may go the long-lost brother route, which is the route I thought they would go all along. I think they must have had several scenarios prepared because, otherwise, how the hell does Hugh Grant work on this show? I would really like to know what they would've done with him, actually :laugh: .

sungrey

I like this casting choice, but I think they have to bump up the supporting roles seriously. Jon Cryer can carry more of the show; so can Conchetta Farrell and Holland Taylor. Give the actors who have the screamingly funny lines more to do.

I was thinking a John Stamos or Bob Saget type would have worked on here, but Ashton's a very interesting choice and this just might work out.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

sungrey
May 12 2011, 11:50 PM
I like this casting choice, but I think they have to bump up the supporting roles seriously. Jon Cryer can carry more of the show; so can Conchetta Farrell and Holland Taylor. Give the actors who have the screamingly funny lines more to do.

I was thinking a John Stamos or Bob Saget type would have worked on here, but Ashton's a very interesting choice and this just might work out.
I agree. They have a good enough supporting cast to utilize. Plus, they can do more with Ryan Stiles too and Angus T. Jones is old enough to actually take on more now. They should have him start acting like Charlie and being a total playboy. That would be fun.

LPS
Member Avatar

Ugghhh....Ashton Kutcher? Not that interesting. I would rather have Matt Lowe. Kutcher acts the same in all of this shit.

Hugh Grant would have been awful, unless they talked about and made tons of jokes about his purchase of a prostitute.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Cancel the show or continue with the cast you already have. Not Ashton Kutcher, can't stand him.

KMan101
Member Avatar

It's official:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/its-official-ashton-kutcher-to-star-in-two-and-a-half-men

CBS and Warner Bros. Television announced today that Ashton Kutcher will join the cast of the hit comedy, TWO AND A HALF MEN.

The multi-talented Kutcher, whose success spans film, television and social media, will join Jon Cryer, Angus T. Jones, Holland Taylor, Marin Hinkle and Conchata Ferrell on the top-rated series. Production on the ninth season of the Emmy Award-nominated TWO AND A HALF MEN will begin this summer for broadcast on the CBS Television Network in the fall.

"I can't wait to get to work with this ridiculously talented 2.5 team and I believe we can fill the stage with laughter that will echo in viewers' homes," said Kutcher. "I can't replace Charlie Sheen but I'm going to work my ass off to entertain the hell out of people!"

"We are so lucky to have someone as talented, joyful and just plain remarkable as Ashton joining our family," said Chuck Lorre, creator and executive producer of TWO AND A HALF MEN. "Added to that is the deep sigh of relief knowing that our family stays together. If I was any happier, it'd be illegal."

"Ashton is a pop culture triple threat—film star, cutting-edge producer and a social media pioneer," said Nina Tassler, President, CBS Entertainment. "He brings creativity, energy and personality to everything he touches. We are thrilled to have him, and excited beyond words for what he brings to the next season of TWO AND A HALF MEN."

"Ashton Kutcher brings a new and distinctive comedic flavor to 'Two and a Half Men,'" said Peter Roth, President, Warner Bros. Television. "He is a big-time talent whose unique style will blend seamlessly with Jon Cryer, Angus T. Jones and the rest of this terrific ensemble. We look forward to a great future for this revamped and reenergized show, helmed as always by the extraordinary Chuck Lorre, whose creative skills and consummate professionalism make him the best in the business."

Ashton Kutcher is an actor/producer and co-founder of Katalyst, a new breed of media company that creates original digital media, television and film properties. Katalyst film credits include The Butterfly Effect, Guess Who, Spread and Killers. For television, Kutcher has served as co-creator and producer of MTV's hit series Punk'd, and The CW's reality series Beauty and the Geek and True Beauty.

Kutcher first gained recognition as Michael Kelso on the Fox/Carsey Werner hit comedy series, "That 70's Show," which aired for eight seasons. Kutcher went on to star in a variety of box office hits on the big screen, including What Happens In Vegas with Cameron Diaz, A Lot Like Love with Amanda Peet, Valentine's Day, No Strings Attached with Natalie Portman, The Guardian with Kevin Costner, and the cult hit, Dude, Where's My Car. Kutcher stars next in Garry Marshall's film, New Year's Eve, out in December 2011.

TWO AND A HALF MEN is produced by Chuck Lorre Productions, Inc. and The Tannenbaum Company in association with Warner Bros. Television. Chuck Lorre and Lee Aronsohn are the series' creators.

rknudson78
Member Avatar

I am a fan of the show, I guess we have to see how they do now with him coming along.

WTGH
Member Avatar
Bitch!

Quote:

Kutcher will reportedly earn nearly $1 million an episode to join the hit series. It's not clear whether the salary includes any backend profits from reruns but it's still hundreds of thousands more than what any A-list star would earn to join a show.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply