Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"The Event", "L&O:LA", "Outsourced" Cancelled
Topic Started: May 13 2011, 12:44 PM (460 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/05/13/the-event-cancelled-by-nbc/92509/
Quote:

Anyone not in a coma could have seen it coming, but The Event has now officially been cancelled by NBC.

Ratings started reasonably strong, but declined steadily into the toss up range by December, and fell off a cliff after an extended hiatus return in March.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/05/13/law-order-los-angeles-cancelled-by-nbc/92515/
Quote:

Along with its cancellation of The Event, the fact that NBC has now also cancelled Law & Order: Los Angeles is also no surprise. Our previously reliable source got that right as well earlier in the week.

Another show taken out of the NBC line up for an extended hiatus, this time for “retooling”, it ended its Fall run nearing the “toss up” range and returned in April to disastrous ratings.

Has the Dick Wolf magic run its course?
Edited by Matt, May 13 2011, 03:25 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

TV Guide is tweeting that "Outsourced" is also cancelled.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Wow...I thought NBC would keep some of these shows. It seems like they are going to start completely from scratch in the Fall.

NBC has no one to blame but itself for what happened to The Event and L&O: LA. They had dropped off after their premieres but the hiatuses killed both shows and they never recovered. Who knows what would've happened if not for that.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Son of a bitch. I LOVE The Event! I watch it on hulu since it is on opposite something else I watch (DWTS? Castle? I don't even know) anyway, God Damn It! Every time I LOVE a show it gets cancelled. They never give any new shows a chance. *stomps feet and pouts*

Alin89
Member Avatar

I liked L&O LA knew it would be cancelled the moment skeet left the show.

wiggleworm
Member Avatar

I liked The Event as well, but I am cursed when it comes to NBC shows. Anytime I love a show on NBC it ends up canceled...which is why I am surprised The Voice is doing well.

lene
Member Avatar

Jason Ritter is amazing. Hope he gets another show asap. A drama show though. He's a great dramatic actor.

LiZa
Member Avatar

The Event might be picked up by Syfy. Fingers crossed! I hope either Syfy or TNT will pick it up. Come on Jason Ritter is in it for goodness sakes! Love me some Jason Ritter.

lene
Member Avatar

SyFy denied they were picking it up!!! :(
Yep, Jason is amazing. I need him on my tv every week. :D

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

ugh NBC sucks ass, they're always dropping good shows. they get you hooked then when you're ready for another season - they tell you it's cancelled. still not over "chase" being cancelled, bastards! i thought L&O LA was decent but i'm not surprised it wasn't picked up for another season.

i never watched "the event" but i know a lot of ppl who are not happy it's gone too.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I still miss the orginal L&O. They had finally found a well rounded cast the last few years, especially with Jeremy Sisto, Linus Roache and Alana De La Garza... :(

Alin89
Member Avatar

i will miss L&O LA

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply