Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"Brothers & Sisters", "V", "No Ordinary Family" Cancelled; also "Off The Map", "Mr. Sunshine", "Detroit 187", "Better With You"
Topic Started: May 13 2011, 02:23 PM (323 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/breaking-abc-cancels-brothers-sisters-and-v/
Quote:

Friday the 13th turned out to be doomsday for Brothers & Sisters and V: ABC has axed both shows. The Alphabet net also pulled the plug on rookie series No Ordinary Family, Off the Map, Better With You, Detroit 187 and Mr. Sunshine.

Though, as Deadline reported, the network was trying to find a way to bring back B&S for an abridged final season, in the end, the suits elected to free up their post-Desperate Housewives time slot for a new show. As a result, last Sunday’s B&S season finale is now, retroactively, the series’ finale.

V, meanwhile, was on the upswing. Its ratings remained so-so, but after a shaky start, it returned for a second season on solid ground creatively. Heck, it even added to the cast the delectable Jane “Diana” Badler from the ’80s version.

So, are you surprised that the Walkers have popped their last cork? That the aliens are no longer a threat? And which dearly-departed ABC series will you miss the most?

Edited by Matt, May 13 2011, 03:12 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I was holding out a little hope, but I am not surprised at all.

Too bad V wasn't on NBC. It would have lasted 6 seasons

KMan101
Member Avatar

Too bad about 'V' it was actually a pretty good re-boot, IMO. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Not surprised about Brothers & Sisters. ABC had too many good soap-like pilots waiting in the wings.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Oh, wait, they didn't cancel Happy Endings? That gives me hope they keep it. It's a pretty good show.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

KMan101
May 13 2011, 02:44 PM
Oh, wait, they didn't cancel Happy Endings? That gives me hope they keep it. It's a pretty good show.
No word yet on "Happy Endings" OR "Better With You" (a personal fav of mine).

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Maybe ABC will give 'Better With You' another chance and pair it with Tim Allen's new traditional comedy. *crosses fingers*

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Rick
May 13 2011, 02:51 PM
Maybe ABC will give 'Better With You' another chance and pair it with Tim Allen's new traditional comedy. *crosses fingers*
I hope so because I really do adore BWY. However, if it doesn't get a 2nd season, the season finale was a perfect bookend for the series.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

ABC just renewed "Happy Endings"

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/abc-renews-happy-endings/
Quote:

What an appropriate title this turned out to be! Despite soft ratings for its midseason freshman run, ABC's comedy Happy Endings will come back next season after the network just renewed it. This is not a surprise as the ensemble relationship comedy has had big support internally at the network.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Updated. "Better With You" is also done. :'(

KMan101
Member Avatar

So glad they renewed Happy Endings! I liked BWY from what I saw of it. Had some very funny moments. I think it was just a matter of ABC having really good sitcoms to pick from in their pool of pilots and limited space. Same for 'V' and 'Brothers & Sisters'. They just have too many good pilots this year.

aimees76
Member Avatar

I know it was dwindling, but I wasn't ready to say goodbye to Brothers & Sisters :(

Alin89
Member Avatar

same here aimee

taylore
Member Avatar

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy for happy endings i love that show,i'm just happy they're giving it another chance.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

I had some faint hope that 187 would return ,although it was very unlikely with the dismal ratings! I only ever watched the first episode of B&S but Calista Flockhart gets on my nerves! I haven't really watched any sitcoms in the last few years! That may change soon though!

wiggleworm
Member Avatar

Figures V would get axed and it really picked up this season. Tyler dying was enough to earn this show a renewal.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply