Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
CW: Nikita and One Tree Hill Renewed; Hellcats Canceled
Topic Started: May 17 2011, 03:33 PM (480 Views)
Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

CW: Nikita and One Tree Hill Renewed

As expected, the CW has renewed freshman drama Nikita for a second season and will also bring back veteran One Tree Hill. Struggling freshman Hellcats has been canceled. Nikita and OTH have been the stronger performers. Additionally, because of its great brand recognition, Nikita has been netting solid international sales.

SOURCE: deadline.com

MORE from THR.com

The long-running drama will return for a ninth season, while the Maggie Q starrer will be back for a second.
As the CW readies its schedule for the coming season, the network has renewed two dramas (One Tree Hill and Nikita) and dropped a third (Hellcats).

While Nikita has not been the ratings slam-dunk the network had hoped it would be, it remains a solid performer for the younger-skewing net. What's more, the spy-drama's well-received series star, Maggie Q, offers significant international appeal. The drama co-starring Shane West averaged about 2.5 million viewers this season, according to Nielsen. The show's season finale aired Thursday.

One Tree Hill, a carry-over from the now defunct WB Network, has added and shed many of its characters over the course of its near decadelong run. Playing to its advantage in recent years is a built-in name and track record, both important on a network that's struggled to draw viewers. The female-skewing serial hails from Warner Bros. TV and creator Mark Schwahn. One well-placed source says it will likely return for midseason.

Hellcats, centering on a college cheer squad, lacked the ratings or buzz necessary to get a second chance. It has averaged less than 2 million viewers this season, according to Nielsen.

The CW will unveil its slate to Madison Avenue buyers Thursday.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Why won't this show die?

BC2.0
Member Avatar
Jester

I think we've officially reached the point where we need to just take this show to the backyard and shoot it in the head.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

More Nikita- yay! Seems like a perfect companion piece to SMG's new show.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

BC2.0
May 17 2011, 04:24 PM
I think we've officially reached the point where we need to just take this show to the backyard and shoot it in the head.
Hah....but then it will just come back as a zombie.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Are they now the lone WB survivor now? Or is Supernatural still carrying on.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alin89
Member Avatar

i have a feeling that this will be the last OTH season

Brianna!
Member Avatar

ONE TREE HILL :wub: is Renewed :cheer: :cheer: i was so scared that it was gonna be cancelled.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Alin89
May 18 2011, 02:17 AM
i have a feeling that this will be the last OTH season
LMAO. I'm starting to believe we'll be posting that in 2017/18. Seriously, this show will not just DIE!

Blech to Nikita. I couldn't stand it. Such a piss poor version of the original tv show which was AMAZING!

Alin89
Member Avatar

it will die next season because Sophia and Bethany only signed up for one more season.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply