Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dena Higley FIRED!; New Headwriters: Marlene McPherson and Darrell Ray Thomas
Topic Started: May 19 2011, 11:35 AM (55,784 Views)
Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

First the headwriter of GH,now this,it's like a very early birthday present. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :wub: YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

It's because it's already Thursday and the weekly DAYS thread here at DR is barely into double digits. That's why she was fired. I know it. When we're too bored to even bitch about the show, it's bad.

Beth
Member Avatar

This is spreading like wildfire all over the internet. Everyone is so excited.

jane1978

Unbeliavable! So Corday is definitely back in the office. I wonder if hiring back Matt was his work too. Now, who will be the new HW? I think maybe someone young and perspective but with Sheri as the supervisor? She definitely should be involved as this could very well be last two years of DAYS.

Hopefully, it will be two good years.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Seriously, thank you to everyone who called the comment lines and made your voice heard. I know I've been pushing people to the point of annoyance, but I honestly don't think this would've happened if it weren't for our calls and our persistency. Thank you!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Holy crap!!!!!!! This is amazing!!! WAY TO GO, KENNY!!!! Your persistence and leadership (and general pesky determination!) paid off HUGE!!!

OH HAPPY DAYS!!!!! Posted Image

lysie
Member Avatar

SHUT UP!!!

badaddiction
Member Avatar

So, now the question is: was it KC or Sony that took care of the much needed deed? And I wonder if this week's ratings are even worse than last week's?
Edited by badaddiction, May 19 2011, 11:59 AM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I am jumping up and down in my living room right now!

OMG! So excited!

buffyloverlori

That's so great I don't watch the show but am planning on watching it now that Matt is coming back on as Jack. Maybe that's why his finally coming back, I hope this means that this time they'll do right by Matt as Jack and give him a great storyline. I wonder what this will do with the other storylines right now. Can't wait to find out.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Congrats on your Emmy nomination, Dena! Enjoy the unemployment line!

Ponz
Member Avatar

Great news. Tomlin next to go, please (or at least hire a HW who'll ignore the idiot).

Days4Life

Seriously? I was just getting ready to call the comment line again...if this is true, my new message will be "THANK YOU!".

Deleted User
Deleted User

I may actually be able to watch Days again! This feels too good to be true.
Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life

Not that I'm doubting anyone...I've been coming to DR every day hoping for this headline...wow, this is great news!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

blueskies
May 19 2011, 11:43 AM
yay! :) Now the real question is....who's taking over for her?? It'll be Gary Tomlin, watch :P He can do two jobs, right?
I want to think he's next....pretty please soap God's make ALL My dreams come true.....PLEASE!

Let's see I hope it's Sheri that takes over....I hope......OMG...I wonder who it is....

Woot!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Edited by LuvingLumi, May 19 2011, 12:05 PM.

Criss33
Member Avatar

Wow some news!!!! Yeah totally congrants on your EMMY and here is your pink slip. Does anyone know who is the one to replace her could it be Guza (sp) from GH he was let go a few days ago too. This should be interesting. what could this mean for all the current s/lines?????

Sorry i forgot to say Thank you for posting Kenny!!! :) Great news :cheer:
Edited by Criss33, May 19 2011, 12:08 PM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I'm not dreaming am I?

Kenny, I want to send you flowers or chocolates or something because there's no way this could have happened without you. :lol:

daisy132

BalscoFan5
May 19 2011, 11:45 AM
First the headwriter of GH,now this,it's like a very early birthday present. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :wub: YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED.
I'm just affraid that Days will hire HIM. Or another ex Passions writer?

Ok, enough with the negativity. Yay!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Brandibelle73

I was so excited when I read this tweet Iover clicked & had 4 windows open...best soap news in a loooooong time :cheer: :cheers: :applause: :tink:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply