Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dena Higley FIRED!; New Headwriters: Marlene McPherson and Darrell Ray Thomas
Topic Started: May 19 2011, 11:35 AM (55,350 Views)
Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

OMG.....I can't wait to hear what Corday has to say about this. I am sure it will be EPIC bullshit.

But congrats to all the fans who fought hard for this.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daisy132

Criss33
May 19 2011, 11:56 AM
Wow some news!!!! Yeah totally congrants on your EMMY and here is your pink slip. Does anyone know who is the one to replace her could it be Guza (sp) from GH he was let go a few days ago too. This should be interesting. what could this mean for all the current s/lines?????
They were all a dream. A really BAD dream dreamt by Sami while she was on the toilet in the middle of the night.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

HOLY MOTHER OF GAWD!!!

:cheer: :cheer:

WE DID IT!!!

Cue the marching band!!

extrememakeover

So happy.Sick and tired of her trashing of Chloe...finally...maybe we'll get the real Chloe back...And this throwing under the bus of veterans like Choe,Philip,Brady,....to prop Daniel,Melanie,.,..will finally stop hopefully.

Cilley

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Celebrate good times, come on. :cheer: :cheer: That news just made my day. Now if they just replace her with someone who has writing talent.

sungrey

Now I just hope there aren't massive cast changes. I'm going to brace myself here. But I am glad to see Dena gone. How glad?

I can't express words how glad I am on here. Now if only my wish would be answered.

blueskies
Member Avatar

daisy132
May 19 2011, 11:57 AM
BalscoFan5
May 19 2011, 11:45 AM
First the headwriter of GH,now this,it's like a very early birthday present. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :wub: YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED.
I'm just affraid that Days will hire HIM. Or another ex Passions writer?

Ok, enough with the negativity. Yay!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Passions doesn't have any other ex-writers (at least not head writers). JER was it. He had all the creative control on that show. And as a biased Passions JER/DOOL-time fan, I'd welcome JER back if it were possible. Even though he was obviously going wayyyy overboard the last 1-2 years, :lol:

Lumi_are_true_love

If we get a new headwriter can it be one that respects the vets and vetran couples and the history behind them we need someone who will bring Love and Romance and love in the afternoon brought back to our television screens once more for Jack and Jennifer,Bo and Hope,Lucas and Sami yes Lucas needs to return along with Lumi for after Bryan was let go which by the way was huge mistake by the TPTB things haven't been the same since and the ratings started declining after Bryan was gone.

Which is why they need to bring him back on contract again along with Diedre and Drake and they need to correct the mistakes they made by bringing Bryan back along with Diedre and Drake by putting them on contract once more featuring them on a daily basis.

The ratings have been declining ever since the day he was let go the show needs him and needs Lucas and Lumi featured everyday along with the vets interacting with other characters and the day of Lumi and Lucas being featured daily back in February 2010 is again when the show hit its highest peak since 2004 and that was when the Lumi lovestory was going strong and in full swing and thats why in my opinion Lumi needs to be brought back once more for good this time along with their lovestory and the vets for good this time.

Bryan needs to be brought back along with Lumi and the Lumi lovestory along with the vets. Diedre,Drake,Matt is already back yeah,Bryan,Marybeth and a few others along with the other vets need to return as well along with their lovestories as well. The show needs to return to it roots again and be great again like it was before with the couples people love most and are most familar with.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Lorraine Broderick isn't finished at AMC get, and Bob Guza's firing was probably too recent for Corday to get him before booting Higley, so... dare we hope that Sheri Anderson is on her way back? Please, oh please, soap gods!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

^idk Kenny, didn't they fire some AMC writers to bring back Broderick? I'm sure hoping Sheri's coming back too, but don't wanna count my chickens before they hatch!

somersetfan
Member Avatar

This is the best news I have heard in a long time! Great job everyone....especially you Kenny!

Now come on Days! Hire a writer who will write stories that respect not only the characters but the 45 year history of the show!

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

They should have fired Gary right after her I won't be happy until that moron is gone.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Kenny
May 19 2011, 12:03 PM
Lorraine Broderick isn't finished at AMC get, and Bob Guza's firing was probably too recent for Corday to get him before booting Higley, so... dare we hope that Sheri Anderson is on her way back? Please, oh please, soap gods!
Keeping fingers crossed for Sheri!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Reality check. DAYS is so far ahead in shooting that unless the scrap EVERYTHING (which would be VERY expensive) we're stuck with Dena material that's already shot well into August. By the time new material is written & taped, it could very well be Sept. or Oct. before we see ANY changes.

six
Member Avatar

daisy132
May 19 2011, 11:59 AM
Criss33
May 19 2011, 11:56 AM
Wow some news!!!! Yeah totally congrants on your EMMY and here is your pink slip. Does anyone know who is the one to replace her could it be Guza (sp) from GH he was let go a few days ago too. This should be interesting. what could this mean for all the current s/lines?????
They were all a dream. A really BAD dream dreamt by Sami while she was on the toilet in the middle of the night.
Yea, they truly need to scrap this stuff and start over. There is no story on screen right now that's worth building on, except magstor.

I was just telling someone this morning that Days needs to promote the Cullitons if DH was ever let go. They get the tone of the show and understand who the characters are.

hellencatherine

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD, OH MY FUCKING GODDDDDDD, Am I dreaming, really, OH SHIT HALLELUJAH, :hail: :hail: :cheer: :cheer: . There is a God :cheer: :cheer:. OH MY GOD, I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPYYYYYYYYYYY YES YES YES, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH *ChrisBrown'sVoice* :cheer:

~bl~
Member Avatar

I wonder how soon this will beat the weekly thread in posts. I just hope the devil we knew isn't better than whomever Corday hires next...

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

ENTER: David Kreitzman & Donna Swajeski

lysie
Member Avatar

All I ask is that Days not make me regret this.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Oh! And I realize something else -- buh-bye Jensen!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply