Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Chris Meloni Exits Law & Order: SVU!
Topic Started: May 25 2011, 04:50 AM (676 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Exclusive: Chris Meloni Exits Law & Order: SVU
by Matt Webb Mitovich and Michael Ausiello

Chris Meloni will not be reporting back for duty when Law & Order: Special Victims Unit launches its 13th season this fall, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Protracted talks between the actor — who has played Detective Stabler since the NBC crime drama’s 1999 debut — and studio NBC Universal broke down on Tuesday, says a source. Franchise creator Dick Wolf is said to already be searching for a big name to bring in opposite the series’ female lead, Mariska Hargitay.

Hargitay’s own deal to return for Season 13 remains unaffected.

Just last week, new NBC boss Robert Greenblatt told TVLine he felt the network was in “pretty great shape” as far as Meloni’s prospective deal goes, though he did allow for the possibility of SVU one day moving forward minus its two original leads. In fact, there was very recently talk that Jennifer Love Hewitt (Ghost Whisperer) might join the series midway through the coming season to replace Hargitay.

“Jennifer Love is somebody we’ve been circling,” Greenblatt told us, “but I don’t know that that is going to happen at all.”

An NBC spokesperson had no comment for this story.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

God, I want him back on cable -- HBO or Showtime, in particular!

Meanwhile...LMAO @ Jennifer Love Hewitt potentially replacing Mariska Hargitay. I don't even watch SVU and I find that hilarious.

Manny
Member Avatar

I love SVU.. but I can't imagine it without Mariska and Chris... :shrug:

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Mason
May 25 2011, 10:10 AM

Meanwhile...LMAO @ Jennifer Love Hewitt potentially replacing Mariska Hargitay. I don't even watch SVU and I find that hilarious.
You just want a show in which you can see him naked every week ;)

ME TOO! lol

Meloni is the ultimate DILF

Mason
Member Avatar

Mmmmmhmmmm...LoL.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Just cancel the show.. I only watch for Benson and Stabler! It want be the same without Chris.. :(

Alin89
Member Avatar

this sucks.

~bl~
Member Avatar

SVU is different from the other L&O as Benson and Stabler are what made it work. Lawd, that franchise is dying...

Alin89
Member Avatar

i sort of understand y he doesn't want to stay on SVU he wants to do other things. He doesn't want to be stuck on one show for too long.

Manny
Member Avatar

Alin89
May 25 2011, 11:12 PM
i sort of understand y he doesn't want to stay on SVU he wants to do other things. He doesn't want to be stuck on one show for too long.
Well isn't this like 10th season? So I would say he already stayed too long lol

But yeah, they shouldn't even do the show without Benson and Stabler.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

NBC/Universal is killing this show and the L&O franchise. I'm not surprised Meloni is leaving.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

I finally saw some of the "L.A." episodes and they really weren't bad but the cast shakeups which I always attributed to Wolf(But it's been NBC all these years?) don't work anymore! "CI" is in it's final year on USA, and SVU should go out while it still has decent ratings and forget about replacing the two stars around whom they BUILT the show!

Alin89
Member Avatar

They should have just ended it this season.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

WolfFilms Wolf Films
#SVU s13 to begin production in July. Mariska has signed on for all 22 episodes. We'll keep u posted this summer. More will be revealed.

CarolinaLady
Member Avatar

Rick
May 25 2011, 03:09 PM
Mason
May 25 2011, 10:10 AM

You just want a show in which you can see him naked every week ;)

ME TOO! lol

Meloni is the ultimate DILF

Me three.
Me three so do I. :lol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply