Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: You Asked, She Answered: Ari Zucker; June 7th issue
Topic Started: May 27 2011, 08:40 AM (3,038 Views)
talbab1994
Member Avatar

I'm just picking out a few to quote right now-- here's some:

Now that Nicole knows all of EJ's secrets, what does this mean for Mr. and Mrs. DiMera? Is she still in love with him? Can they eventually be happy again?

Well, you know how marriages have their ups and downs? So, we're on a down. Doesn't mean she doesn't love him anymore, but ooh, ooh, ooh, is he gonna suffer. They will be happy. I don't know when that will be but sure, someday. Never say never.

Brady and Nicole have their ups and downs, yet seem to find their way back to each other. Do you think this makes them soul mates? Do you think this breakup, much like all of their others, will lead to a reunion for the two?

Oh, isn't it fun on soaps, when people run back to each other? Poor Brady. If he takes Nicole back one more time, I don't know, I don't know. I think you wonder at some point when people have to learn their lessons. I don't know if Nicole's even gonna run back to him on this breakup, but you know what? In time, everything heals, so let's see waht happens in a couple of months.

If you could write your own story for Nicole, what would it be and why?

I want Nicole to be sort of like this martial arts ninja because I would love to have fight scenes with cables and me actually doing the stunts. Random, I know.

I have a hard time understanding Nicole's reasons for thinking she has any right to Sydney. Someone can love a child, but Nicole seems to have a need for her. Can you shed some light?

Nowadays, she doesn't think she has rights to Sydney, so I do have to make sure I'm clear on that. I think she has love for a child because she can't have one. She made terrible choices in her life and now she can't even adopt one. As sad as the situation is, I can actually feel for her. If you have children or you have a desire to have children, you can understand how imprtant they are to a woman, especially one who cna't have one, so because of that, her closest thing to having a child is Syney and that's why she has this desire to be just around her. Johnny has a big place in her heart, too. That's how I play it, anyway. I don't write it, I just play it. Those are the things I come up with.

There's more, but I need more time to type!! LOL
Edited by talbab1994, May 27 2011, 09:08 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I'll go ahead and say it. That first answer is weird.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

lysie
May 27 2011, 08:50 AM
Yep, that one and the ninja one. She's right, that's completely random. Nicole as a ninja-- for some reason I can't wrap my head around that one!! :P

lysie
Member Avatar

talbab1994
May 27 2011, 08:57 AM
lysie
Yep, that one and the ninja one. She's right, that's completely random. Nicole as a ninja-- for some reason I can't wrap my head around that one!! :P
You know...the ninja one didn't strike me as weird at all, lol. That's probably what I would have said, too.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
I figured you'd just be clinging to the hope that Ejole would one day be happy. B-)

I know I am. :ermmmm:

Geez, what a big bunch of WTFery. Just goes to show AZ doesn't have a clue what's going on either.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

JANALH
May 27 2011, 09:06 AM
lysie
I figured you'd just be clinging to the hope that Ejole would one day be happy. B-)

Geez, what a big bunch of WTFery. Just goes to show AZ doesn't have a clue what's going on either.
It's basically my dream come true. I love happy couples. Especially when their strong suit is flapping and whining.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I think she's just as confused by the writing as we are. She said she doesnt write it, just plays it.

As for the Ninja- funny comment. Can she use the Ninja star and throw it at TayHos head.

Thanks for typing this up!
Edited by Liz<3Days, May 27 2011, 09:09 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
May 27 2011, 09:08 AM
I think she's just as confused by the writing as we are. She said she doesnt write it, just plays it.

As for the Ninja- funny comment. Can she use the Ninja star and throw it at TayHos head.

When they feel the need to point that out, you know they're thinking "I don't even know how to describe this mess, but please keep watching."

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

lysie
May 27 2011, 09:10 AM
Liz<3Days

When they feel the need to point that out, you know they're thinking "I don't even know how to describe this mess, but please keep watching."
Yeah..sad isn't it.

Sorry Ari, love ya, but not watching this piece of shit.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
May 27 2011, 09:10 AM
Liz<3Days

I've always suspected this of you.

I mean you've always been so transparent with your love for all things flapping, how would anyone not know?

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
This whole interview has an I-don't-know-what-the-fuck-is-going-on feeling to it. She doesn't want to give real hope for nor close off the path to either Ejole or Bricole. I'm assuming that everything is in major flux right now so the actors are even more clueless than they usually are.

I loved her answr about what kind of story she would write for Nicole. Nicole Walker, tomb raider - lol.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
JANALH
lysie

It's basically my dream come true. I love happy couples. Especially when their strong suit is flapping and whining.
I suspected as much about you. It's nice to see you've finally come out of the closet. B-)

Typically I like AZ's interviews...but this one sounds very much like she doesn't have a clue what the hell is going on and doesn't much feel the need to hide it. :laugh: Hence the ninja comment - I mean, why the hell not? Evidenty. there's nothing too ridiculous or random for this show.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
May 27 2011, 09:20 AM
lysie
This whole interview has an I-don't-know-what-the-fuck-is-going-on feeling to it. She doesn't want to give real hope for nor close off the path to either Ejole or Bricole. I'm assuming that everything is in major flux right now so the actors are even more clueless than they usually are.

I loved her answr about what kind of story she would write for Nicole. Nicole Walker, tomb raider - lol.
These questions were asked about a month ago, so this was before Dena and probably right around the time CW was let go.

Ari has a sense of humor, so hey, might as well throw in the Ninja comment! LOL

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Quote:

Now that Nicole knows all of EJ's secrets, what does this mean for Mr. and Mrs. DiMera? Is she still in love with him? Can they eventually be happy again?

Well, you know how marriages have their ups and downs? So, we're on a down. Doesn't mean she doesn't love him anymore, but ooh, ooh, ooh, is he gonna suffer. They will be happy. I don't know when that will be but sure, someday. Never say never.

Talk about WTFery.
Edited by LuvingLumi, May 27 2011, 09:55 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

SocRMum1
May 27 2011, 09:25 AM
lysie
JANALH
lysie

I suspected as much about you. It's nice to see you've finally come out of the closet. B-)

Typically I like AZ's interviews...but this one sounds very much like she doesn't have a clue what the hell is going on and doesn't much feel the need to hide it. :laugh: Hence the ninja comment - I mean, why the hell not? Evidenty. there's nothing too ridiculous or random for this show.
This reminded me a lot of JS' interview when it sounded like he didn't know WTF was up with the story either.....I feel so bad for all these actors....and no wonder the majority of them were extremely happy that the hack gone fired.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 27 2011, 09:55 AM
SocRMum1
lysie
JANALH

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

This reminded me a lot of JS' interview when it sounded like he didn't know WTF was up with the story either.....I feel so bad for all these actors....and no wonder the majority of them were extremely happy that the hack gone fired.
It seems like with each interview toward the end of DH's reign, the actors seem more and more confused. It would be interesting to see what this cast is actually capable of if they found the stories compelling and actually understood the longer term story arc and motivations for their characters. I can't imagine trying to effectively convey emotions when I don't know/understand my character's thoughts, feelings and motivations. Here's hoping the new writers provide the stories and direction they need and we see improved performances on our screens.

six
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 27 2011, 09:55 AM
SocRMum1
lysie
JANALH

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I wish this was a JS interview, because I think at this point, he wouldn't even try to spin it.

That first question sounds like AZ is in the mode fans get in when they see their pairing coming to an end and they're reminding themselves that nothing is forever on a show.

No wonder the actors were glad to see DH go.

Deleted User
Deleted User

She sounds like an EJOLE...
Quote Post Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

I read it and thought that they were way too vague, even by soap standards, to give any substantial information to the readers about bricole/ejole. That may be because the actors know only a little bit more than we do because that hack of a writer. I could imagine the amount of :huh: and :unsure: looks on a daily basis from the actors when they read their scripts because they make no sense. Good thing that bitch is gone!!! :rockon:

Deleted User
Deleted User

lysie
"never say never" is phrase they all use when asked what will happen with a couple. But I do wonder if she's giving some hints. "they will be happy" ...eventually. Then about Brady "we'll see what happens..."

but then again, she just can't say what's going to happen, so she's being evasive.

Those aren't the right questions to ask, that's the interviewer's fault, and silly to include the answers in the write-up.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply