Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Roseanne Barr to Take a Shot at 'Vodka'; As Chelsea Handler's Aunt
Topic Started: May 27 2011, 02:06 PM (219 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

TV Guide

Roseanne Barr to Take a Shot at Vodka As Chelsea Handler's Aunt
May 26, 2011 09:17 PM ET

It looks like Roseanne Barr will be returning to her sitcom roots.

The actress is in talks to appear on NBC's midseason comedy, Are You There, Vodka? It's Me Chelsea, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Roseanne Barr goes nuts for new Lifetime reality show

"I'm talking to Roseanne Barr to do some guest episodes as my aunt," says show creator and executive producer Chelsea Handler. "She's interested in doing it, so it should be fun."

The show is based on Handler's book of the same name, an autobiographical account of her life as a waitress before she became a comedian. Laura Prepon will play the younger version of Handler while real-life Handler will play her own sister, Sloan.

Barr was previously associated with the sitcom when a cameo role was written with Barr in mind for the pilot. of The role of the lesbian prison inmate instead went to Glee actress Dot Marie Jones.

Later this year, Barr will appear on her own reality show on Lifetime. Over the course of 16 half-hour episodes, the comedian will try to run a 40-acre macadamia nut and livestock farm in Hawaii. Her writer-musician boyfriend Johnny Argent and his son Jake will toil alongside her.

Barr is best known for her hit ABC sitcom Roseanne, which ran from 1988-1997. She also hosted a short-lived talk show, The Roseanne Show in the late '90s and was recently seen in a Super Bowl commercial for Snickers candy bars.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

OMG!!! I love Roseanne.

But I hate Chelsea!

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Love Roseanne AND Chelsea...but this show looks awful.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply