Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion 5/30-6/3
Topic Started: May 27 2011, 08:20 PM (6,533 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Days of Our Lives
Weekly Discussion

May 30th -June 3rd

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

lol Marlena looks like she's having bladder spasms.

darraholic
Member Avatar

OMG The Massacre <3

And sigh at that pic. That was probably the last era that I really like of DAYS when John/Marlena, Bo/Hope & Abe/Lexie were featured a lot.

NyCsBaDdEsT
Member Avatar
Sami who?

Damn, they were shooting everybody! Too bad I never watched Days back then. That clip was 1000x times better than any of the shit that they're playing now!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I hate when people say it was a ripoff from Dynasty, it wasn't

blueskies
Member Avatar

I loved this era of DOOL :wub: Except for the Garden of Eden crap, it was great.

What year was this, 2000? I started watching on my own abt 1999, so whenever this was, it wasn't too long after.
Edited by blueskies, May 30 2011, 06:30 AM.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

My mom is tired of watching this show with me because every single day I say "I hope Nicole freaking MURDERS Taylor."

She's such a little conniving witch. It's scaring me, but I almost like boring Natalia better in the role. At least her version looked and sounded dumb enough to believe she was doing nothing wrong. And that she would win against Nicole. Her version was more believable as far as naivety goes.

Tamara Braun looks like she's ready to scrap at any moment.

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I HATE, HATE, HATE that dumb Safe won't tell Dario and Gabby that there was an impostor around all this time. It would make so much more sense to clue them in.

I kind of liked the Jonas family together today. They all make each other tolerable.

Finally, I liked Hope and Jennifer together today. Good scenes!
Edited by Spencer Hastings, May 30 2011, 02:22 PM.

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

Okay Melanie is talking about Daniel's shirt what about that tacky ass outfit that she has on right now that ugly ass red shirt and those tight ass gray pants that is not a good look at all.

I do not like the fact that they have Jennifer sort of trying to transform herself into dressing like Chloe like Chloe is some prize or something she is really not all that if she was Daniel would have never left her in the first place for cheating on him. I wished they would have let us see the picture of Rebecca to see how she looked maybe that is why Daniel flocked to Chloe in the first place because she reminded him of Rebecca but when he go involved with her he realized what type of woman Chloe really is.

That dress that Taylor has on is tacky too just like Melanie's outfit I was not feeling that look either and she looked really thin in it too. She looks a lot thinner to me than she did when she was Ava maybe it is just me but she looks super thin.

I really LOVED the bracelet that Nicole was wearing today she has worn it before and I liked it purple is my absolute favorite color anyway.

Taylor probably has no intentions on leaving town she is probably just waiting around for Nicole to divorce EJ because she feels like she got her revenge by making Taylor leave and now she does not need to be married to EJ anymore then when the divorce happens she will come back and claim EJ for herself and Nicole will be left with nothing. Nicole is really playing a dangerous game right now by blackmailing EJ. Taylor will end up getting what she wants and Nicole will end up back at the bottom where she always ends up. None of her plans ever works out the way she wants them to and she always ends up having to start all over again you think that she would learn by now.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

I tried to watched Days today...really!! but in between Taylor letting Nicole know that when a man cheats on his wife that the other woman is not at fault and if the marriage was good he would have never strayed and Jen saying she's not pretty enough for Dan, I couldn't stomach it. Couldn't even watch long enough to see much Rafe. The highlight, Nikki throwing that drink in EJ's face. The low mark her not decking Taylor. PS. I can no longer watch any scene with Tamara, it's just totally ruined her for me. I grade it a F- and that's on the curve.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DAYS sucks...I have maybe watched 5 shows in total over the last 2 months...my patience and care for this show is quickly going away.. :(

If it was not for this website, my association with show IMO, would be over for good.

I am barely hanging in there!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, May 30 2011, 05:35 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

OhMyMadeleine
May 30 2011, 02:19 PM
She's such a little conniving witch. It's scaring me, but I almost like boring Natalia better in the role. At least her version looked and sounded dumb enough to believe she was doing nothing wrong. And that she would win against Nicole. Her version was more believable as far as naivety goes.

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I HATE, HATE, HATE that dumb Safe won't tell Dario and Gabby that there was an impostor around all this time. It would make so much more sense to clue them in.

I kind of liked the Jonas family together today. They all make each other tolerable.

OMGosh, me too! I am preferring Natalia's Taylor to TB's Taylor...mostly because whoever needs to be playing this Taylor has to come off as such a naive piece of dumbassery to say any of her lines. TB looks too tough to be saying it, and when Nicole says she is such the good girl, I don't buy she is talking about TB. Natalia, yes.

Loved Nicole throwing a drink in EJ's face, but for once, I wish she would yell to the top of her lungs for EJ to "don't touch me!" He truly needs to lay off the hands on Nicole the way he does. And if he doesn't, Nicole needs to be throwing more than drinks in his face.

JS looked like he was about to take off today with all of the hand flapping and tea potting. Someone please tell him to knock it off. I can't believe this guy has an Emmy nom.

I also hate it that Rafe can't tell Dario or Gabi what is going on...obviously R2 really fucked them up, and I think R1 is doing more harm not telling them.
And has R1 even known that Dario was in town? You'd think he'd be hugging him or acting surprised to see him because it had been a long time, but Rafe1 seems kind of nonchalant about it.

The Jonas family was cute, but it annoys the crap out of me that Melanie/Molly stutters in all of her scenes. I don't know if she is supposed to be cute with it or truly supposed to be stumbling over her words, but it sucks. And its distracting.

Alligato
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
May 30 2011, 05:17 PM
I tried to watched Days today...really!! but in between Taylor letting Nicole know that when a man cheats on his wife that the other woman is not at fault and if the marriage was good he would have never strayed.

PS. I can no longer watch any scene with Tamara, it's just totally ruined her for me. I grade it a F- and that's on the curve.
I so WISH that Nicole would tell Taylor that EJ had a chance to call off the wedding to be with Taylor and he didn't. Business deal or not, Taylor was a lusting afterthought back then. She gave him an out and EJ didn't take it.

So even when it was a business deal AND Taylor was in his life, EJ wanted his thing with Nicole to work. When mommy was dying, EJ was all into Nicole. So I truly don't get what the writers are trying to do in erasing the past two months of the show's history to push EJay. Whatever it is, it is making EJ and Taylor look like fools...and Nicole is the rational one who remembers.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Alligato
May 30 2011, 06:21 PM
OhMyMadeleine
May 30 2011, 02:19 PM

OMGosh, me too! I am preferring Natalia's Taylor to TB's Taylor...mostly because whoever needs to be playing this Taylor has to come off as such a naive piece of dumbassery to say any of her lines. TB looks too tough to be saying it, and when Nicole says she is such the good girl, I don't buy she is talking about TB. Natalia, yes.

Loved Nicole throwing a drink in EJ's face, but for once, I wish she would yell to the top of her lungs for EJ to "don't touch me!" He truly needs to lay off the hands on Nicole the way he does. And if he doesn't, Nicole needs to be throwing more than drinks in his face.

JS looked like he was about to take off today with all of the hand flapping and tea potting. Someone please tell him to knock it off. I can't believe this guy has an Emmy nom.

I also hate it that Rafe can't tell Dario or Gabi what is going on...obviously R2 really fucked them up, and I think R1 is doing more harm not telling them.
And has R1 even known that Dario was in town? You'd think he'd be hugging him or acting surprised to see him because it had been a long time, but Rafe1 seems kind of nonchalant about it.

The Jonas family was cute, but it annoys the crap out of me that Melanie/Molly stutters in all of her scenes. I don't know if she is supposed to be cute with it or truly supposed to be stumbling over her words, but it sucks. And its distracting.
I'm guessing that the Dario and Rafe1 thing was another one of those offscreen things that Sami told Rafe about so he wouldn't be surprised when he ran across him. He can't act surprised or run up to him, as it would blow his pretending to be Rafe2.
I wish Sami and Rafe could tell Gabi, Will, and Dario about this whole R1/R2 thing, but I can see why they don't. It would be hard to believe and if they ended up showing them the fake Rafe and he escaped, those three could be in real danger, plus the fewer people that know what they are up to, the safer they are.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
I tried to watched Days today...really!! but in between Taylor letting Nicole know that when a man cheats on his wife that the other woman is not at fault and if the marriage was good he would have never strayed and Jen saying she's not pretty enough for Dan, I couldn't stomach it. Couldn't even watch long enough to see much Rafe. The highlight, Nikki throwing that drink in EJ's face. The low mark her not decking Taylor. PS. I can no longer watch any scene with Tamara, it's just totally ruined her for me. I grade it a F- and that's on the curve.
I agree. Today's show was not good- mostly filler. I generally like Hope and Jennifer in scenes together, but today's dragged and really were stupid. The whole show dragged for me and the only thing I really liked was Nicole throwing that drink at EJ. Too bad she didn't let the glass fly with it. I agree with whomever said that EJ's flapping and prancing was way over the top in those scenes. I love watching Rafe, but even the scenes with Dario and him weren't good- they weren't developed enough.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

blueskies
May 30 2011, 06:29 AM
What year was this, 2000? I started watching on my own abt 1999, so whenever this was, it wasn't too long after.
February 2001.

HJBJDJ

Well, Abby wasn't on today, but I did a lot of catch up of episodes this weekend.

What I really want is for the wardrobe people to change what Abby wears as her hospital job attire.

With that blue smock she is currently wearing, Abby looks like she is working at Wal-Mart.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

What do all these women find in Dr. Feelmeup? Seriously, I can't stand this guy......and now Jennifer thinks she's not pretty enough for him? GMAFB....the nerve.....Rebecca was beautiful, Chloe looked like Angelina Jolie at 10am and Jennifer looked frumpy....fuck off Days...I'm so glad Dena is gone....she makes women on Days absolutely pathetic.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 30 2011, 10:46 PM
What do all these women find in Dr. Feelmeup? Seriously, I can't stand this guy......and now Jennifer thinks she's not pretty enough for him? GMAFB....the nerve.....Rebecca was beautiful, Chloe looked like Angelina Jolie at 10am and Jennifer looked frumpy....fuck off Days...I'm so glad Dena is gone....she makes women on Days absolutely pathetic.
She really does, doesn't she? I'm already finding this summer to be exasperating. I know the end of Higley's reign is in sight, but the next three months are going to suck, suck, suck. Taping nearly three months ahead is just one more reason I hate Days right now!!! And that's something I don't get. What exactly is the benefit to stockpiling months and months of episodes? I get the lack of rehearsal time to save time, no overtime makes sense to reduce costs, and one-take for most scenes would certainly save money. But how in the hell is having months of episodes in the can a cost savings? Haven't these people heard of just-in-time inventory?

Kenny
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 30 2011, 10:46 PM
'm so glad Dena is gone....she makes women on Days absolutely pathetic.
I think Dena herself is a very insecure woman. You can tell by the stories she writes. All her women are jealous, insecure shrews who go crazy and start popping pills the moment they have to compete with another woman, and even in the less severe cases her women are just pathetic (like Jennifer beating herself up because she's not as pretty as Chloe and Rebecca, Stephanie begging Nathan to stay with her even though she knew he was in love with Melanie, Ava going bonkers because Steve wanted Kayla instead of her, and Nicole sacrificing all self-respect to hang onto a man who doesn't want her and cheated with her sister).

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Alligato
May 30 2011, 06:25 PM
crookedhalo
I tried to watched Days today...really!! but in between Taylor letting Nicole know that when a man cheats on his wife that the other woman is not at fault and if the marriage was good he would have never strayed.

PS. I can no longer watch any scene with Tamara, it's just totally ruined her for me. I grade it a F- and that's on the curve.
I so WISH that Nicole would tell Taylor that EJ had a chance to call off the wedding to be with Taylor and he didn't. Business deal or not, Taylor was a lusting afterthought back then. She gave him an out and EJ didn't take it.

So even when it was a business deal AND Taylor was in his life, EJ wanted his thing with Nicole to work. When mommy was dying, EJ was all into Nicole. So I truly don't get what the writers are trying to do in erasing the past two months of the show's history to push EJay. Whatever it is, it is making EJ and Taylor look like fools...and Nicole is the rational one who remembers.
and screwing Nicole, and from the conversation they had a while back... on more than one occasion. And he enjoyed it, Nic commented about his performance and said something about him possible faking it and he denied it flat out. He wasn't so blown back by his love for Taylor that he couldn't screw Nikki and like it

EJ calls it a business arrangement... :shrug: :wtf: so if that were true, why was he having sex with Nicole. Maybe he considers sex part of a business arrangement.

Maybe Nikki needs to invest in a tracking device, but instead of on the wrist maybe she should put it through his *&^% <- edited due to graphic nature... :lol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply