Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Crystal Chappell out at Days
Topic Started: Jun 1 2011, 05:21 PM (140,094 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Give me Alfonso ANYDAY over Chappell...I couldn't give a shit how talented Chappell is or how many damn emmy noms the women has (the emmys are a joke anyways, so in essence so are her nominations :flipoff: )...Alfonso = DAYS...Chappell = NOT!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jun 14 2011, 06:29 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lilkatie24

Actually I started watching Days in the 90's so Chappell and Rinna=Days for me. I was never a fan of Bo and Hope or Alfonso I did enjoy her as Gina but never as Hope thats imo.

Also she didn't actually mean the entire Bope fanbase just the 5 that were attacking her I guess some people need full clarification.

Chappell's nominations and emmy wins are no joke, you have to be good to get them. I'm sorry that Days doesnt get nominated more but it hasn't always been about block voting and Days hasn't always been the lone NBC soap. Sometimes you get lucky (Natalia Livingston) and sometimes your just that dang good like Jeannie Cooper.
Edited by lilkatie24, Jun 14 2011, 06:31 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

lilkatie24
Jun 14 2011, 06:30 PM
Actually I started watching Days in the 90's so Chappell and Rinna=Days for me. I was never a fan of Bo and Hope or Alfonso I did enjoy her as Gina but never as Hope thats imo.

Also she didn't actually mean the entire Bope fanbase just the 5 that were attacking her I guess some people need full clarification.

Chappell's nominations and emmy wins are no joke, you have to be good to get them. I'm sorry that Days doesnt get nominated more but it hasn't always been about block voting and Days hasn't always been the lone NBC soap. Sometimes you get lucky (Natalia Livingston) and sometimes your just that dang good like Jeannie Cooper.
That is debateable IMO...she is overrated and I have ALWAYS thought that..she is a great and classy person, but dang good actress is not how I would describer her. Just average IMO.

I enjoyed Chappell on DAYS, but this latest twitter thing has just SOURED me towards her in a BIG way....

Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jun 14 2011, 06:38 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

Crystal Chappell can act. I won't take that away from her.

But regardless of that fact, she couldn't make me love Carly. She couldn't make me respect Carly. She couldn't make me agree with Carly, either.

The writing did Carly no more favors than it did anyone else, and despite Chappell's acting ability, when she chose to use it, she couldn't sell me on anything.

The character's going. I'm sure some will miss her. I won't be one of them...especially after what Crystal did last week.
Edited by Kriss4, Jun 14 2011, 06:38 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Skatergirl_19
Member Avatar

lilkatie24
Jun 14 2011, 06:21 PM
Personally imo Kristian cannot act I'm sorry she's beautiful and she did ok in certain storylines like Zachs death and princess Gina but compared to Crystal Chappell she just can't hack it.
Kristian has been a part of movies and primetime shows. My husband never watched Days but I watched some of Kristins movies on Netflicks with my husband and he was very impressed with her acting skills. I never been impressed with Crystal acting at all she over dramtic.
Edited by Skatergirl_19, Jun 14 2011, 06:39 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lilkatie24
Jun 14 2011, 06:30 PM

No, what she should've done was stay out of it. It never fails to amaze me when actor/celebrities get into pissing contests with fans. She should've took the high road and kept her tweets to herself & retweets.

I liked Crystal on Days, I think she is a good actor, but she needs to keep her opinions to herself and she needs to not encourage others to rail on one of her co-workers....whether she likes the co-worker or not. That's common sense IMO.

She & Nelson messed up the other night plain & simple.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SaveDaysNow

Mitchapalooza
Jun 14 2011, 06:28 PM
Give me Alfonso ANYDAY over Chappell...I couldn't give a shit how talented Chappell is or how many damn emmy noms the women has (the emmys are a joke anyways, so in essence so are her nominations :flipoff: )...Alfonso = DAYS...Chappell = NOT!
Quoted in BOLD for the truth.

EMMYS just gave DENA HIGLEY a writing nomination.
There's no further proof needed on what a joke they are!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Guys - let's move on from this. For the people who have already said their positions, we know we're not going to settle KA vs CC vs Nelson here. If anyone has anything new to add (ie, you haven't said it yet in this thread), feel free. I don't want to have to lock the thread, but we need to stop posting in circles. There are a few people who are writing the same thing over and over. Thanks.
Offline Profile Goto Top

4everccfan

WOW! I really missed a lot! WTH CC always have some controversy...that is why I love her! People these are actors...real people they are going to make mistake...tell me if any of us have never talked about a co-worker or else! Newsflash WE ALL HAVE!
Lets see...
Yes, NB is not the brightest writer...so why you read his column or follow him? You want the honest answer?
CC - might like to have a drink or two who doesn't...did she said something or didn't said what she should? We all have done that! Same here if you don't like her why follow her? Again...you want the real answer?
Hey! KA is smelling like a flower here...she got some publicity out of it! (she needed as much as she can) Can I said that? I think I'm entitle..correct?
KC got the nerve to accuse her of the rating debacle..When is his own fault! Sorry but lets be realistic...Soaps are dying nothing do to with writing or acting...is just our way of living..... We did this...by following so many reality shows!!!! Yes....we did!
Both fanbases attacking each other...be honest...you know who you are and what you have done and said....
So..like the saying....People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones....and for all those that might want to respond ...if the shoe fits wear it!
Peace!
Offline Profile Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

She is doing a bang up job of garnering support for her websoap, which I already wasn't impressed with.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Taelyn

Well I read it, I understand he was trying to be what ?? politically correct, or impress a Dr Drew Attitude. And some I agreed with but I still had to post. I didnt join so I had to post anon. But here is my as usual.
EXTRENLY long resonse.. ya know once you start its hard to stop LOL

My Post

Anonymous said...
Damon.. Sometimes we just post on what we see, However I do agree that those who become obsessed about the mistakes of others, especially when those mistakes have NO EFFECT on them personally do have personal issues.. I think The Clinton Hate regarding his mistakes, and her success, or Michael Jackson haters who continue to insulkt him and even his children are a prime examples of this.
Most have no clue about the facts and when shown them the actual truth they choose to ignore it all in favor of ugly rumours and make disgusting remarks..
HOWEVER.. In this sad situation .. we saw what we saw.
Its no Secret that Nelson B has an obsession with CC.. The Woman walks on water in his own mind. I personally think she is a FINE actress, and very talented, and innovative. I also think she was served atotal dish of CRAP at Days by the """WRITING TEAM""" and it was an injustice, unfair, and even unflattering as she was made to look chubby and frumpy when she is truly quite pretty.
Her story was her Doom.. Not Kristian A, and certainly not Peter R.. She was written into a horrible corner and the only escape was a direction that Higley chose not to take, They should have put her with Daniel, the audience was begging for that.. but they wouldnt do it,(more)

June 15, 2011 2:17 AM

Anonymous said...
(prt 2)
Nobody is to blame other than the (former) HW, EP and ofcourse KC..
If KA had the power that Branco eluded to no way would Nightime Hope ever happened, or certainly not the crap she was also dealt over months at a time. They were both hurt in those months.
I dont know if they like or Hate eachother..
And....I dont CARE....
What I do know is Kristian A has been a complete CLASS ACT and IGNORED all of this. She has NEVER said a bad word about Crystal C.
Also...
If KA has/or had a weight issue NB has no business talking about things he knows nothing about...He is a complete D%%cheBag !
Some of KA's most ardent fans have worried over the years about her weight, and that it could even be a health issue. But she seems healthy and happy now, and looks wonderful and seems at a great weight.
Its pretty sad, VERY Sad.. that Peter Reckell had to jump in and pretty much scold and shut everyone up including CC. Not condoning any of it. """"Bravo Peter"""""
And while CC may not have been overt in her remarks, she was subtle, and cold.. expressing her love, and "Support" of Branco preaching BS about "Free Speech" Instead of simpy saying, While she appreciates his support she enjoyed her Time at days and wishes the show and all the cast well, and leaves with no hard feelings cuz she understand the business even though she wihes things hppened differently" But No.. we get her subtle rude and insinuating remarks along with her plug reminding us all she has "A tell all "BOOK"
Very classy ...NOT!!!!
She reallyt let me and others who liked her down, especially when many of us were very upset about her termination.
Its sad because I felt bad for her,I admired her, thought she got a raw deal .. and now. Well if anyone caused troubled based on her words I would say it was her... "Onward" now Sounds very different then it first did. and the other actors especially Judi Evans also shocked and hurt me.. its all so unprofessional especially consideringthese people will still be working together, But after this I have to wonder .. Maybe KC will think hey ... this crap opens up a few more slots for new faces, and some who have not had a great reception so far may be easy to recast.. Good Actors know when to keep their mouth shut, even when angry.. I recall Deidre H never spoke Ill of KC or the show.. Neither did Drake.. Tak about your Pro's.. and nobody was treated worse than them .. Even Bryan D didnt speak ill of the cast.. Just stupid !,
Good riddence CC, and good luck going "Forward"
And
Good riddence NB, I hope you do get fired, you deserve it. because you basically only wrote about what YOU wanted, or found some way to interject it in EVERY report.. and that was mostly your Goddess Crystal Chappell. ~Yawn~

June 15, 2011 2:19 AM

Offline Profile Goto Top

Alin89
Member Avatar

im just happy i spoke my mind
Offline Profile Goto Top

Taelyn

DJsMommy
Jun 14 2011, 07:26 AM
Kenny
Jun 12 2011, 01:46 AM
HelenM
Jun 12 2011, 01:43 AM
CC just called the entire BOPE fanbase VILE, by retweeting it.
Actually, the "vile fanbase" comment came from Crystal herself.

This is the original tweet.

Donna
I have to give props to the 5 bope fans and DR for Nelsons demise

Crystal re-tweeted and added to it.

Crystal Chappell
RT @CuriousGeorge64: I have to give props to the 5 bope fans and DR for Nelsons demise// Bullies and a vile fanbase... Speaking MY mind
I am just stunned! I can't believe she'd insult fans like that on a public forum. Was so sad to see her go, but now I'm glad. :flipoff:
:omg: :wow: WOW .. her lack of composure and class is indefensable.. She must be . >>> :drunk:
There are TONS of Bope fans that are or atleast WERE CC fans and Venice fans.. I dont think this will bode well for her futrure web soap sadly.

For someone like her who has so much to lose considering her Web soaps, and such, the old saying. "If you have nothing nice to say, its better to say nothing at all".. :shutup: It really really applies. :shithitfan:

Frankly I can only IMAGINE what KA would like to say.. But she is showing a good deal of class and restraint by stying Silent. I think I like her more now than ever, :blowkiss: :-)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alin89
Member Avatar

ill say this crystal is the most narcissist arrogant person that i got to knoe these weeks with the tweets and the same goes for nelson.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Alright guys, I think we've run this debate into the ground. People are spinning their wheels saying the same things over and over, so we're going to close this thread. If something new happens to make it "newsworthy" again, we'll consider re-opening it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic