Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Crystal Chappell out at Days
Topic Started: Jun 1 2011, 05:21 PM (135,821 Views)
badaddiction
Member Avatar

sungrey
Jun 1 2011, 05:29 PM
LuvingLumi
Jun 1 2011, 05:26 PM
sungrey
Jun 1 2011, 05:24 PM
If who I think is next, I am shutting the door on Days after 30 years.
Who do u think is next, LS?
I edited my above post. I'm going to wait and see what happens. LS did come to mind. I'm thinking of other cast members. TB, perhaps... maybe even JS??
I can see TB, but not J.S.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BradyB

I would have gotten rid of Melanie, Dario, Gabi before I got rid of the character of Carly. What was the purpose of having the fb of Nicholas and the phone call from him if they weren't even gonna take them time to have him come to Salem to have some interaction with Carly??
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

sungrey
Jun 1 2011, 05:29 PM
LuvingLumi
Jun 1 2011, 05:26 PM
sungrey
If who I think is next, I am shutting the door on Days after 30 years.
Who do u think is next, LS?
I edited my above post. I'm going to wait and see what happens. LS did come to mind. I'm thinking of other cast members. TB, perhaps... maybe even JS??
The only way this makes sense is if they are getting rid of her and others soon to free up money for the big guns....the DH's maybe?
Offline Profile Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Not surprising. I will miss cc and Carly. Interesting she pointed out this was not new hws decision.
Offline Profile Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

I am just devastated....can't believe what I just read! Words won't do what I am feeling any justice. Crystal was never given the opportunity to fully showcase her talent on this stint but dammit she gave it her all. This is a lousy ridiculous decision and I don't like it one bit. I'm assuming the "core values" remark from some other thread means they are tossing out actors who they feel aren't super connected to the show and possibly bringing back some old schoolers. Letting CC go does free up money for others. But...I swear to God....I better read very soon that Gabi, Melanie, Daniel, etc got the boot too because there was PLENTY of potential for CC on Days. She will be missed. I wish her well on future endeavors. I'm pissed but still hopeful this show knows what it's doing. Maybe she could return in the future. Personally, I'd take Carly over Hope.....but oh well. Shit!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I hope the following are out next:

-Molly Burnett
-Shawn Christian
-San Francisco (or whatever his face's name is)
-Tamara Braun
-Who ever plays that Quinn guy
-Camila Banus

If we HAVE to keep one Hernadez, then I guess lets keep Galen cause we all know DAYS is not getting rid of him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Maggie28wubsEj
Member Avatar

Awe this sucks. I liked CC. Her talents were being wasted under the hack Higley. I thought with a new writing team, she could get a rockin story. I fucken hate that we are left with talentless actors like Rafe, Mel, Dario, Gabi, Newbies like Quin, idiots like Dan and let go of CC. UGH! The only way this could be made right is if they are paving the way for J&M.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

michelle
Jun 1 2011, 05:31 PM
Just another reason not to watch, for me.

It's like one bad decision after another.

Let's keep Gabi and Dario, who most dont give a flying fuck about, and lose Carly, a character who not only has history with the show but is loved by MANY.

So glad I'm not watching this horse manure.
Gaby and Dario are cheap, that is why they won't touch them.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

ALSO PLEASE DAYS - DO NOT LET LOUISE SOREL GO!

She belongs on DAYS!
Offline Profile Goto Top

BradyB

i hope that LS isn't next to head out of Salem. She needs writers that understand Viv and can write for her!!! I hope the new HW's are given a change to write for Viv.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lene
Member Avatar

I really like Shawn Christian. But he can do better. He did tons of primetime before days.. and pilots and shit.. if he had stayed a bit longer 'out there' i think he would have landed on a show that wouldn't get cancelled... LoL!!! But he seems to really like it on Days from what i can see on his twitter and stuff...but yeh, he'll do fine if he's next.

Offline Profile Goto Top

michelle
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 1 2011, 05:36 PM
michelle
Jun 1 2011, 05:31 PM
Just another reason not to watch, for me.

It's like one bad decision after another.

Let's keep Gabi and Dario, who most dont give a flying fuck about, and lose Carly, a character who not only has history with the show but is loved by MANY.

So glad I'm not watching this horse manure.
Gaby and Dario are cheap, that is why they won't touch them.
Maybe so, but if they let go of enough of these fucktards all at once, Dario, Gabi, Quinn, Taylor, maybe they could keep CC, whose worth 100 of those other losers.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

sungrey
I may be shutting the door on Days after 30 years. I want to see what happens next, but this is NOT a good move.
As upsetting as it is to see Crystal go, if this frees up some room for Deidre and Drake to return, I'm all for it. Bringing Crystal back was a great idea, but unfortunately when she returned Carly never took off like she should have. I blame that 100% on Higley, and at this stage of the game I feel like it's kind of too late to save the character. The fans have already written her off. Meanwhile, there's a huge pool of ex-viewers would would tune back in in a heartbeat if J&M returned, so if this frees up room for them, I'm all for it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

IF they release info that Deidre has agreed to come back, I will ok with this. Not good with this, mind you. It really sucks because we got an actress with this much talent during Higley's reign of terror. Crystal would have been amazing on Days with the right person working behind the scenes. It's just too bad.

She made it clear it was not the new writers that did this. I think we have Corday or Tomlin at the bottom of this one. My thoughts are this: there will be more people getting the axe in the coming weeks and months. Matt Ashford is back, and he needs to get paid. Also, the new writers coming on are a sign of change in direction overall. Cast changes are sure to be rather drastic. Some new will go, some old will come back, and some new characters with ties to current characters will pop up.

As for Sorel, she sayed years after Crystal left last time, and I think she MAY be safe. Time will tell, but seriously, if the show can't see what they have in a loaded character like Vivian Alamain, we are in a heap of sh*t.

For the record, why can't we have a cast with Suzanne Rogers, Louise Sorel, John Aniston, Matt Ashford, Missy Reeves, Peter Reckell, Kristian Alfonso, Drake Hogestyn, Deidre Hall, Crystal Chapelle and Joe Mascolo? Throw in James Scott, Thaao and Leann and give me a Davidson for good measure and I would be set. (of course matriarchs like Peggy Mckay and Susan Hayes are essential)

The rest (atleast most of the rest) could go.

There's your money.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

As much as I love Tamara Braun - she REALLY needs to go..the entire Taylor character is IMO unsalvageable at this point and Braun coming in, was an improvement over Livingston, she is not enough to save this character.

Surely the new writers will see how horrible this EJ/Taylor crap is.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

BOOOOOOOOOOO! :( :(
Offline Profile Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Not surprising. Quite disappointing though. Crystal was a good addition, but they fucked up her return completely. Now, bring J&M back!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jun 1 2011, 05:41 PM
sungrey
I may be shutting the door on Days after 30 years. I want to see what happens next, but this is NOT a good move.
As upsetting as it is to see Crystal go, if this frees up some room for Deidre and Drake to return, I'm all for it. Bringing Crystal back was a great idea, but unfortunately when she returned Carly never took off like she should have. I blame that 100% on Higley, and at this stage of the game I feel like it's kind of too late to save the character. The fans have already written her off. Meanwhile, there's a huge pool of ex-viewers would would tune back in in a heartbeat if J&M returned, so if this frees up room for them, I'm all for it.
I tend to agree. I love Chappell and am sorely disappointed by the writing for Carly since she's been back, but I would trade Crystal for Deidre in a heartbeat. Plus, if it ends up ridding us of Melanie and Daniel, then there's the icing on the cake.
Offline Profile Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

Im surprised at how mad I am. I've been SO patient with this show and I called the hotlines, typed the emails, wrote the letters....pleading for change for my favorite show. And we worked together and it worked! Now this. I'm literally shaking my head in disgust. New writers couldve worked magic for Carly. She IS a central character and has ties with the town, the hospital, families. Maybe Louise Sorel is next. Dena came THISCLOSE to murdering our show. I blame her for this. The new writers may have found the character of Carly useless and boring. Dena killed my favorite character and CC and her fans suffer for it. I'm
sorry for my tangent, but I hate this. Crystal is an amazing actress. My hope for the future....which was very high.....isn't so high anymore. Let's get rid of a multi Emmy award winner. Let's keep The rest. Fucking stupid
Offline Profile Goto Top

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

Days fucks it up again. What was the point of her return? To break up Bope? I'm thinking that's about it and Dena, as usual, didn't have anything in place for the character beyond her plot point love triangle/Bope breakup storyline. How was this woman left in charge for so long? And seriously, they let go of Crystal and lose Carly and keep such gems as Dario, Gabi, Taylor, and Rafe around? What are these people thinking? Jesus, the opportunities they could have had utilizing Crystal's popularity with the gay community. It's like this show is constantly shooting itself in the foot for no apparent reason. Idiots!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic