Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Crystal Chappell out at Days
Topic Started: Jun 1 2011, 05:21 PM (133,883 Views)
Lumi_are_true_love

I'm sorry to hear this and did not want Crystal or Carly to go and wished she could have stayed with days this is a total bummer. I do wish her luck on her future endevors and know she will find something and that someone will snatch her up very quickly perhaps maybe a prime time show on any network or perhaps on another soap.

I wonder what Carly's exit storyline will be like is she is going to another state to a rehab facility to help become clean and drug free thats the only thing I can think of that they might do for Carly's exit story and that she leaves to go to another city and possibly another state and winds up moving there.

I too am curious about LS,JS,Ari,TB as well on what their status is also.
Edited by Lumi_are_true_love, Jun 1 2011, 09:48 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar
"I don't know why I don't have a story, either!"

I'm fine with seeing CC go, although I do feel badly for her family. But if this is paving the way for a J&M return, they better have a fucking clue about what to do with them before they bring them back, or it will turn out like every other return for the last five years. I'll tune back in for a good story, but not just for John and Marlena.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Mason
Jun 1 2011, 05:42 PM
Kenny
Jun 1 2011, 05:41 PM
sungrey
Jun 1 2011, 05:24 PM
I may be shutting the door on Days after 30 years. I want to see what happens next, but this is NOT a good move.
As upsetting as it is to see Crystal go, if this frees up some room for Deidre and Drake to return, I'm all for it. Bringing Crystal back was a great idea, but unfortunately when she returned Carly never took off like she should have. I blame that 100% on Higley, and at this stage of the game I feel like it's kind of too late to save the character. The fans have already written her off. Meanwhile, there's a huge pool of ex-viewers would would tune back in in a heartbeat if J&M returned, so if this frees up room for them, I'm all for it.
I tend to agree. I love Chappell and am sorely disappointed by the writing for Carly since she's been back, but I would trade Crystal for Deidre in a heartbeat. Plus, if it ends up ridding us of Melanie and Daniel, then there's the icing on the cake.
You don't know HOW much I want this to happen...this would be almost on par for me as getting J&M back...THAT is how badly I want these two characters off the show!

Offline Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

james0479
Jun 1 2011, 05:35 PM
Letting CC go does free up money for others. But...I swear to God....I better read very soon that Gabi, Melanie, Daniel, etc got the boot too because there was PLENTY of potential for CC on Days.
Agreed.

I can think of about a dozen other people who should've gone before CC.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BradyB

I can as well Kenny!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I just hope this means a few more are on their way out. I have no issue with CC or Carly, but she's gotten terrible writing, been stuck in scenes with horrible actors, and they've made her look frumpy (not unlike most everyone else). I won't miss her. I think the fact that they didn't use her as a pre-pre nom (or whatever) and that they've been keeping her out of Vivian's "stories" show that they have no appreciation for her history in daytime, let alone her history at Days.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Well, color me pissed!!! :badmood: She was one of those on the show that can actually act and has a legit history and they are giving her the heave ho and not letting the obvious dead weight stay on the show??? :soapbox: These new writers better bring her back and fix whatever crap Highley did to her character!! You know what, forget it. CC is too good for this show anyway. She'll probably get an emmy for her show before Days gets another. Bet on it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar

Has Nelson made a special report yet?
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jun 1 2011, 05:46 PM
james0479
Jun 1 2011, 05:35 PM
Letting CC go does free up money for others. But...I swear to God....I better read very soon that Gabi, Melanie, Daniel, etc got the boot too because there was PLENTY of potential for CC on Days.
Agreed.

I can think of about a dozen other people who should've gone before CC.
They may be out, too. Don't lose hope! lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Here We Go Again <--- sorry just a test
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mason

lysie
Jun 1 2011, 05:48 PM
I just hope this means a few more are on their way out. I have no issue with CC or Carly, but she's gotten terrible writing, been stuck in scenes with horrible actors, and they've made her look frumpy (not unlike most everyone else). I won't miss her. I think the fact that they didn't use her as a pre-pre nom (or whatever) and that they've been keeping her out of Vivian's "stories" show that they have no appreciation for her history in daytime, let alone her history at Days.
It's sad that this show can only bring characters like Carly and Billie back to be interlopers for Bope, and once they get tired of that, throw them away.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michelle
Member Avatar

Though I would LOVE it, I don't think that they, ie. Corday, is smart enough to bring them back OR if he does, he'll use them to prop SAFE or Melanie or just put them on once a month.

Because he IS a total moron.

I still don't think he fired Higs for the ratings, I think he fired her because he thought if we're going to be in LAST place, we can at least do it cheaper.

I don't know. I'm bitter.
Offline Profile Goto Top

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

Wishful casting: Crystal Chappell as Diane Jenkins on Y&R????
Offline Profile Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

Thank you Kenny......glad Im not alone on that. This news sickens me because I can come up with 8 different ways off the top of my head to use CC asCarly. I can also think of 8 different "actors" on this "show" that I would let go before CC. Ugh! I'm sure we will get news of some old favorites returning and that's great, but I just love me some CC. Oh well
Offline Profile Goto Top

BillieD
Member Avatar

I'm very sorry for the CC fans but Carly 2.0's SL was horrible from the get-go. Being a Bope interloper in the blink of an eye and Melanie's mother was/is a HUGE bust. It never caught on and now they're trying to say she's in love with Daniel, after nothing but a ONS and a so-called friendship. And being Carly and Daniel's daughter has done nothing for Melanie either, except make her an annoying, goody-two-shoes hypocrite. They should have brought Lawrence back and made HIM Melanie's father. It's too bad that CC couldn't stay until the end, which should be any month now.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

alstonboy4315
Jun 1 2011, 05:50 PM
Wishful casting: Crystal Chappell as Diane Jenkins on Y&R????
I certainly hope not...being on one bad soap is enough for a fan to take, but TWO! :drunk:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

james0479
Jun 1 2011, 05:43 PM
The new writers may have found the character of Carly useless and boring.
Crystal said this wasn't the new writers decision and I believe her. She doesn't tend to bullshit.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Bye. She should have been gone a year ago. Carly and Melanie should go travel the world together.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jun 1 2011, 05:41 PM
As much as I love Tamara Braun - she REALLY needs to go..the entire Taylor character is IMO unsalvageable at this point and Braun coming in, was an improvement over Livingston, she is not enough to save this character.

Surely the new writers will see how horrible this EJ/Taylor crap is.
Tamara is awesome , and any show should be honored to have her...BUT

Taylor doesn't work. It seems like they wanted someone to go toe to toe with Nicole, so they got rid of Natalia (The sweet, hypocritical, but sweet version of Taylor), for Tamara (The sweet, but bitchy, a little more in your face with her hypocrisy Taylor).

It doesn't work, mainly because the character is screwing her sister's husband and gloats about it, while the entire cast praises her and props her like she's Mother Teresa. It's irritating. Higley really sunk to the very bottom if she thought fans would buy this and like it. Having Lexie prop her makes it even worse.

It just turns me off, and I'm not the most morally reverant person on earth by any means. Believe me. Even I can't watch this without having to cringe and cuss Higley outloud.

Sadly, Taylor has to go. Too bad they had Tamara take the role. It just feels so much more wasteful now!
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Jun 1 2011, 05:44 PM
I'm fine with seeing CC go, although I do feel badly for her family. But if this is paving the way for a J&M return, they better have a fucking clue about what to do with them before they bring them back, or it will turn out like every other return for the last five years. I'll tune back in for a good story, but not just for John and Marlena.
Well said. Everything that is being said about CC being let go was said about SN and MBE and a myriad of other people they've brought back and then fucked around with so badly that nobody was surprised when they fired them. I won't pretend to be a big John and Marlena fan, so bringing them back isn't going to make me automatically start watching again. But it surprises me that so many people are still convinced that a big return will change everything. It will if they actually have a plan for how to use them, but it won't if we get 3 months of story and then nothing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic