Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Crystal Chappell out at Days
Topic Started: Jun 1 2011, 05:21 PM (140,909 Views)
SaveDaysNow

HASdays
Jun 13 2011, 06:03 PM
~bl~
Jun 13 2011, 05:45 PM
What the heck...

What does CC have to do with that weiner-head congressman? And other than CC's advocacy for GLBT, what does it have to do with anything gay?

That was a jumbled mess of words and ideas without purpose.

They weren't paid for that, were they?
That so-called pscyhoanalyst is just a hack. Seriously. He writes a bunch of gobbletygook about "moral superiority" of online posters, yet comes across as a pompous ass who doesn't know how to put together a clear argument.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

tomsawyer
Jun 13 2011, 06:09 PM
I think his message is fine, as it's basically "judge not, lest ye be judged." But he also makes some huge over-generalizations, such as...

"It is only closeted gay teens who violently seek out and pursue attention from other (perceived) gay teens in the form of bullying."

Really? That's the only reason kids bully gay teens? It couldn't be that these kids bully because they were taught hate by their parents? Or bully to go along with their friends because they are too insecure to stand up to them? Guess not, they are all closeted gays.

Anyway, you got to love the irony of him judging those who judge others.
ha! true.
Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

~bl~
Jun 13 2011, 05:45 PM
Freedom of speech! Freedom of speech! LOL
So, has this writer looked in the mirror lately? Oy, veh. Yeah. Still doesn't make what Chappell did right.
Online Profile Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Chappell didn't just "opt not to defend" her castmate, as the writer put it. She proactively defended Branco on the grounds of "free speech," before much later acting as if she didn't even know what was going on.

What a mess of an opinion piece. And now I guess I have judged someone who was judging me for judging someone else . . . I'm trapped in a vicious circle!
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Posted Image
It's the chicken and egg syndrome!!!

Posted Image
Online Profile Goto Top

FriendsLike

tomsawyer
Jun 13 2011, 06:09 PM
I think his message is fine, as it's basically "judge not, lest ye be judged." But he also makes some huge over-generalizations, such as...

"It is only closeted gay teens who violently seek out and pursue attention from other (perceived) gay teens in the form of bullying."

Really? That's the only reason kids bully gay teens? It couldn't be that these kids bully because they were taught hate by their parents? Or bully to go along with their friends because they are too insecure to stand up to them? Guess not, they are all closeted gays.

Anyway, you got to love the irony of him judging those who judge others.
Precisely.

What this blog also missed another part of what was what was happening (in some cases). In some cases it was a mob mentality - we fed each others scorn or defensive tendencies. The internet also allows for anonymity in communication so we often will react differently as say things differently if we are online. Its like a world wide fake protected bubble. It's not all about 'hating what we hate in ourselves'. That's ridiculously narrowminded.

Everyone reacted to what was happening based on whatever information they had. I believe in freedom of speech like Chappell does, I think the one thing about this freedom that we all forget is that EVERYONE has the freedom to speak, even those who spout hate. But equally we have the freedom to defend, speak back and most importantly sometimes - walk away. Mind you the last only makes sense if you're an observer, not if you caused the issue!

For me it's time to walk away. This BS is just going around in circles and really while the message on the afformentioned blog may have had a point, it was oddly hypocritically judgmental. Sometimes it's impossible to avoid that in human nature, especially when we think we're right.
Edited by FriendsLike, Jun 13 2011, 11:48 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jun 12 2011, 01:46 AM
HelenM
Jun 12 2011, 01:43 AM
CC just called the entire BOPE fanbase VILE, by retweeting it.
Actually, the "vile fanbase" comment came from Crystal herself.

This is the original tweet.

Donna
I have to give props to the 5 bope fans and DR for Nelsons demise

Crystal re-tweeted and added to it.

Crystal Chappell
RT @CuriousGeorge64: I have to give props to the 5 bope fans and DR for Nelsons demise// Bullies and a vile fanbase... Speaking MY mind
I am just stunned! I can't believe she'd insult fans like that on a public forum. Was so sad to see her go, but now I'm glad. :flipoff:
Offline Profile Goto Top

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jun 12 2011, 03:45 AM
DJsMommy
Jun 12 2011, 03:34 AM
iwuvcchappell
Jun 10 2011, 12:19 PM
sandyeggo1
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8554191&t=8521878

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

lysie
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8554188&t=8521878

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Now, I am more confused. Lysie you said, "The issue with CC is more that she got involved in the first place and she condoned Nelson's hate while at the same telling the fans to only spread love. I know Bope fans are pretty passionate especially when it comes to KA. They attack in packs like wolves. NB, I have no idea what he was trying to do. Yes, if he kept his mouth closed, he wouldn't have had his jugular ripped out and CC came to his aid. Plus, he helps CC with her webseries promotion. I can understand their loyality to one another. I don't think she condoned it but stayed a little bit neutral by saying, " everyone has a right to an opinion." Then go on to say to her fans to only spread love instead of hate. I believe PR said the same thing. Someone else posted that she was cheering it on or him on while the pack vs. NB drug him around. Add CC to the mix and you got two vs. a pack of bope fans. To me, the odds were against CC and NB. Poor PR got drug into it. I think the entire thing on twitter was blown way out of proportion to make CC look bad. Tehn someone brought up CC personal life that she may be an alcoholic. Now that's low. Like I said before, everyone was looking for the skinny, the scoop, the creme de le creme and took it at face value. People get fired everyday. Some go postal and some pick up and move on. Whereas what KC did was down right insulting to CC. He blamed her for a certain triangle not working out along with the ratings. I think she is entitled to a drink, and to blow off some steam. Yet, have I heard her bash KA or maliciously attack her.
Someone saying CC *might* be an alcoholic is no worse than that fool NB calling KA an anorexic. :shrug:
what is with ur sig, did u airbrush these photos....they look like plastic dolls in this pic
No I didn't make it. I got it from the dirty martini site.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

I like Damon, and "We Love Soaps" is a good read, most of the time....

I just think what we have, is an actress got her hand caught in the cookie jar (CC). Said actress is highly favored by most soap journalist for her stance on same sex relationships and her performance she gave on GL. I look up to her for the same exact reasons, don't get me wrong!

However, since her popularity with these people is through the roof, when she gets caught supporting that hack NB and slamming the BOPE fanbase and Daytime royalty, she gets somewhat of a free pass. The people who write these columns and run these websites have supported her fanatically for years now.

I love her ability. I respect what she stands for and wish more people with influence would do the same. However, that doesn't mean we should turn and walk the other way if we see injustice at work. I don't think it's self righteous to point out when a person does what CC did. I think it's naive to keep silent, and would be unjust to stay quite just because I like her stance in many areas, and admire her ability.

No one should get a free pass when taking part in slander. Thats what NB did, free speech be damned. If I took part in that, I would expect karma to kick my ass.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AlteredStates

Kenny
Jun 12 2011, 01:46 AM
HelenM
Jun 12 2011, 01:43 AM
CC just called the entire BOPE fanbase VILE, by retweeting it.
Actually, the "vile fanbase" comment came from Crystal herself.

This is the original tweet.

Donna

Crystal re-tweeted and added to it.

Crystal Chappell
RT @CuriousGeorge64: I have to give props to the 5 bope fans and DR for Nelsons demise// Bullies and a vile fanbase... Speaking MY mind
Actually, the "vile fanbase" originated with sporty191 and was RT'ed by CC and others. Here is the sequence:
Quote:

CuriousGeorge64 Donna
12 Jun

sporty191 Franca Corea
12 Jun

sporty191 Franca Corea
by crystalchappell
12 Jun

Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

CC may not have added the words "Bullies and vile fanbase" but she owned then when she retweeted that tweet. If somebody tweeted something offensive and I simply retweeted it without comment, then people would be justified in believing I was saying exactly what was in that post. CC's entitled to her opinion, of course. But, the fact that she retweeted somebody else's words doesn't excuse her from their meaning.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sandyeggo1

esp13
Jun 14 2011, 10:19 AM
CC may not have added the words "Bullies and vile fanbase" but she owned then when she retweeted that tweet. If somebody tweeted something offensive and I simply retweeted it without comment, then people would be justified in believing I was saying exactly what was in that post. CC's entitled to her opinion, of course. But, the fact that she retweeted somebody else's words doesn't excuse her from their meaning.
She seems to like to do that. It gives her plausible deniability to let others do the bashing for her and she can always say "what have I said?" or claim ignorance. I agree that if you re tweet something you are owning it yourself. Why re tweet it if you don't agree with it or don't understand it?
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

As for the "dr" who wrote the article, it all sounds real good on paper, but it doesn't hold water. Closeted gay teens are the ones who bully gays?? Really?? So no straight redneck has ever bullied a gay person? Interesting. And we (the message board people) because we call out someone for most certainly having a lapse in good judgement, we're only doing that because we can see our own lapse in good judgement? No, it's because we have common sense and most of us have a sense of decency and when we see another person attacked we speak out.........as we should. I'm sure most of us at some time or another haven't used good judgement, but I don't for a minute believe that's why we called NB & CC out on their's. We saw a wrong being done by people who should know better and have a "voice" that many see and respond to and we reacted. We did what you're suppose to do. We were Good Samaritans, we saw a friend(s) in trouble and we went to their aid. No need for the overanalyzation Doc, we're good....Thanks anyway.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lilkatie24

Now were getting into "she retweeted, he retweeted, good lord. Couldn't it be possible that all this has just been blown to epic proportions?
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

Sure it's possible. Doesn't change the facts.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dakota
Member Avatar
X-Files-Mulder & Scully

I can't believe this thread is still going...LOL.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

Something new will happen or we'll get some news and move on.

Doesn't mean we'll forget, though.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

What is certain after all of this is that

A.) Nelson Branco is a Grade A Douchebag, who should be fired by TV GUIDE Canada

B.) Crystal Chappell + Twitter + Goose = Laughable train wreck :drunk:

C.) Crystal Chappell = Poor mans Kristian Alfonso :blowkiss:

Countdown is on till her exit now....can't wait until I never have to see Carly/Crystal on my screen again..good riddance!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jun 14 2011, 12:58 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lilkatie24

Personally imo Kristian cannot act I'm sorry she's beautiful and she did ok in certain storylines like Zachs death and princess Gina but compared to Crystal Chappell she just can't hack it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Skatergirl_19
Member Avatar

sandyeggo1
Jun 14 2011, 10:43 AM
esp13
Jun 14 2011, 10:19 AM
She seems to like to do that. It gives her plausible deniability to let others do the bashing for her and she can always say "what have I said?" or claim ignorance. I agree that if you re tweet something you are owning it yourself. Why re tweet it if you don't agree with it or don't understand it?
Yeah I agree retweeting purpose is when others say somthing you want to say but has already been said. Once in awhile it is to share a interesting tweet with your followers but that needs clairfied. She calledthe Bope fanbase vile by retweeting that commnt. Her exit can't come soon enough for me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic