Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
TV Guide: Louise Sorel Fired! Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn Return!
Topic Started: Jun 2 2011, 03:07 PM (27,986 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Wow what a SHITTY DEAL Louise Sorel is getting here....IAM FUCKING PISSED OFF!!!

Wow this news is just SOOO depressing for me as Vivian fan...but I LOVE JOHN & MARLENA soo of COURSE I am happy there...but WAAHHH :( :(
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
Jun 2 2011, 03:16 PM
Any chance of Marlena slapping her daughter again?
Think bigger. Sami's funeral. Make it happen, Days.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Vicky4Mimi

I am so happy about Jarlena ! (not the LS part though--I love Vivian!)

Bryan can't be far behind! The show is really starting to look up!

Offline Profile Goto Top

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Still not seeing the right names going yet. CC and LS are good actors with history on the show. What about the dead weight that has eaten the show?

Corday can't you ever get it right?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

YES!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

lysie
Jun 2 2011, 03:17 PM
JamesScott_19
Jun 2 2011, 03:16 PM
Any chance of Marlena slapping her daughter again?
Think bigger. Sami's funeral. Make it happen, Days.
As long as she does not resurrect, than I am all for it. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Wow the chaos behind the scenes is OUT OF CONTROL it seems...Dena getting fired has literraly dumpped the the show upside down on its ass behind the scenes.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lazydazes
Member Avatar

It's all bittersweet. While I'm more than thrilled about the DH's return, I hate to see LS go. Shame on Corday for not utilizing LS talents fully.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

lysie
Jun 2 2011, 03:12 PM
It's a throwaway line in an article about LS. She wasn't supposed to spill that.
I know....I somehow got the feeling that all the firings were suppose to be announced first and a few Days later the announcement of the hirings would calm the blow. But I got a feeling that this just slipped through and TVGuide took it and ran.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Vicky4Mimi
Jun 2 2011, 03:17 PM
I am so happy about Jarlena ! (not the LS part though--I love Vivian!)

Bryan can't be far behind! The show is really starting to look up!

"Stay Tuned!"
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 2 2011, 03:19 PM
lysie
It's a throwaway line in an article about LS. She wasn't supposed to spill that.
I know....I somehow got the feeling that all the firings were suppose to be announced first and a few Days later the announcement of the hirings would calm the blow. But I got a feeling that this just slipped through and TVGuide took it and ran.
And for that, I thank both them and LS.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I don`t see why they would let her go, when it was just revealed that she has a son. I wonder if they are going to get rid of Quinn, he has no big story.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The DAYS publicists must be going crazy right now with this news slipping out to TV GUIDE of all places...ahahah...they are probably scrambling and I am sure Sorel's phone is ringing off the hook right now!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Quote:

I was told that the show is going back to "core values," whatever that means. The Bradys and the Hortons, I guess.
Yes, the Bradys and the Hortons.

I wish Carly and Vivian weren't being sacrificed for this. :(

We better hear of more firings soon, namely Molly Burnett, Francisco San Martin, Camila Banus, etc.
Quote:

They're bringing Deidre Hall [Marlena] and Drake Hogestyn [John] back for the summer, which doesn't mean they won't continue on for the fall, winter and spring. Maybe I'm a financial trading card so the show can afford them.
They sure as hell better be back for longer than just the summer!
Quote:

I would never go back to Days after this, even though Gary said, "You might be back someday." I just can't do it. I love the character. I love the people I'm working with. But I can't deal with it anymore.
I feel sorry for Louise. She sounds very hurt.
Quote:

It'll be forgotten and nobody will give a damn. But right now I do give a damn, and I would think that maybe the fans will, too. Maybe not. This time around, nothing was really accomplished with Vivian. Even if a villainess is funny or has her follies, she's got to be real and she's got to be scary.

When you do make a threat people need to go, "Oops! Better watch out for her!" If you fail every time with your evil plans and don't follow through, you're not taken seriously. You're just talking hot air. The original buried-alive story worked because it was played for reality. As crazy as it was, it was believable and it was scary. I don't know what that second buried-alive story we did last year really accomplished.
She hit the nail on the head with that one. I love her candidness.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jane1978

Mitchapalooza
Jun 2 2011, 03:13 PM
Louise Sorel TOTALLY was not supposed to spill that news!! WOW!
It definitely looks Corday is working through the returns but wants to announce them all at once. Matt probably shouldn´t say anything as well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar

It had to be an accident, because it came out of nowhere. If she was`nt fired before, her letting this out confirmed everything.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

I am so sorry to see Louise go loved Vivian and hated she got shoddy writing. I hope she gets a helluva exit!
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I hate that they got rid of LS the way they did, but I'm not at all surprised. She was on an episode the last week that I watched, and literally...I had forgotten she was still on the show. I think CC and LS were clearly Tomlin's ideas, and Higley really had nothing she wanted to do with them.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar

I hope she leaves with Quinn, that would make more sense.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

lysie
LoL, I agree. No way in hell did TPTB want to spill such big news in such a sidebar way.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic