Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Some upcoming tidbits for August...; updated June 5th
Topic Started: Jun 4 2011, 10:30 PM (14,023 Views)
Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

I wonder if the rest of those fired were ordered to keep quiet. But really, if they don't keep quiet, what's the worst that can happen? They'll get a sucky exit story? Kenny C will be mad at them? :shrug:
Edited by Spencer Hastings, Jun 5 2011, 01:47 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sungrey

They'll get no exit. That's Dena's MO.

Oh wait, that's right... she's gone!! :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

OhMyMadeleine
Jun 5 2011, 01:47 AM
I wonder if the rest of those fired were ordered to keep quiet. But really, if they don't keep quiet, what's the worst that can happen? They'll get a sucky exit story? Kenny C will be mad at them? :shrug:
I'm betting they were ALL told to keep quiet, but LS and CC didn't give a shit (god bless them). LS is winding up her soap career, so she doesn't care if she pisses someone off and CC is basically her own boss on her web soaps now so she's probably not real concerned about burning bridges. The other four or so that are leaving may be younger and potentially looking for work on other soaps or even a return to Days in the future so they may be scared of getting labelled as trouble-makers.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Plus, how many times have we seen people fired and come back despite saying some nasty things about the show and Corday in the press?

Days is like the one show that you can probably get brought back no matter what you do or say LOL. Say what you want about Corday but the man can be loyal and forgiving, sometimes a little too much (as was the case with Higley).

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

tomsawyer
Jun 5 2011, 01:54 AM
OhMyMadeleine
I'm betting they were ALL told to keep quiet, but LS and CC didn't give a shit (god bless them). LS is winding up her soap career, so she doesn't care if she pisses someone off and CC is basically her own boss on her web soaps now so she's probably not real concerned about burning bridges. The other four or so that are leaving may be younger and potentially looking for work on other soaps or even a return to Days in the future so they may be scared of getting labelled as trouble-makers.
I think CC only leaked it out because rumors were already spreading and Nelson was fanning those flames too. I actually think CC liked that because maybe a part of her was hoping that all the buzz that she was leaving would cause enough of a stir to get the show to reconsider but I think she also felt too the chances were next to nothing so, after a few days of dealing with fans asking her about her status with the show and shortly after SOS got word that she was leaving, she just decided to just confirm it because she knew the news was already pretty much out there. I think LS coming out shortly thereafter and leaking out news of her firing was not coincidental. She and CC are good friends and she probably figured with the news about CC out there she may as well not keep silent so she went to her buddy Micheal Logan and did that interview.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jun 5 2011, 01:58 AM
tomsawyer
Jun 5 2011, 01:54 AM
OhMyMadeleine
I think CC only leaked it out because rumors were already spreading and Nelson was fanning those flames too. I actually think CC liked that because maybe a part of her was hoping that all the buzz that she was leaving would cause enough of a stir to get the show to reconsider but I think she also felt too the chances were next to nothing so, after a few days of dealing with fans asking her about her status with the show and shortly after SOS got word that she was leaving, she just decided to just confirm it because she knew the news was already pretty much out there. I think LS coming out shortly thereafter and leaking out news of her firing was not coincidental. She and CC are good friends and she probably figured with the news about CC out there she may as well not keep silent so she went to her buddy Micheal Logan and did that interview.
That's a good explanation and sounds likely.

Can I just say again how much I love that they leaked the info themselves? It must have felt good to get the story out the way they wanted and say what they wanted to say.

sungrey

I will say one thing: If any of the actors involved were at the fan events over the weekend, they've done a VERY good job keeping it quiet.

I wasn't there this weekend. I would have LOVED to, trust me... it's one of the busiest days of the year for my job and my bosses would have killed me had I taken off.

CapeSafe

Vicky4Mimi
Jun 4 2011, 10:30 PM
I got some scoops for you.

First one is that Maggie will be hospitalized in August. They wheel her in on a gurney...Jen and Melanie are already at the hospital as well as Brady and Sonny. Victor is there too. I'm not sure when they all arrive or if any come when Maggie does.

Also during the time Maggie is in the hospital Dr Dan and Jennifer interview Melanie on camera and she is crying. Have no idea what that's about.

Another one is kind of weird and funny. There is a scene coming up in August with Carly in the shower with someone making her wash her mouth out with soap. GUESSING HERE--I did speak to CC a couple of weeks ago and she said hubby Michael S was making another appearance on the show filming that week--so I think MAYBE she is hallencuniating (?) again about Lawerence and maybe He makes her eat the soap? But the good thing is that the prop department made her "soap" out of white chocolate and she didn't mind eating it!

I remember one more thing. There is a small shoot out coming up too. This is for August. When I found this out-it was the day before Dena was fired and it had not been filmed yet--so we will have to see if it still happens. BUT I do know for a fact they were out looking for toy guns for them to use!

Also--Allie is back in August..I don't know who brings her back..but her daddy is not back..yet.

I know these are a jumbled mess--and Im sorry. If I remember any others I will tell ya!
Sounds like August is going to be fun to watch....

Taelyn

Well, Im not convinced that Every potential cast victim already knows. Infact Final decisions on everyone may not even be made yet, They might just be weighing options on several people, looking at pro's and cons, And how they will fit into the future direction of the show.
But Im sure if there is an exit story that is plausable to be aired soon then Im sure those people must know. There might be others that Ken has not set the wheels in motion for yet, and he does not want the apple cart too off balance too early, especially if he has big plans for the summer..
He is going to want the BEST possible (considering the writing) out of all the cast.

Taelyn

Im glad allie is coming home, I wonder if its a visit or for good. If its a visit it actually creates an opening for Lucas to return if he plans to take her back to Japan.

Maybe Lucas can return with a beautiful Japanese wife.. This could be fun, and different from anything he has played before. Maybe she comes from a powerful family and they donrt approve of Lucas as her usband and her Father sets out to harm or destroy Lucas, And get the wheels in otion for troubl;e between the two.
It could also play well with sami's reaction to it, she could sho residual jealousy that she failed to have written when he married Chloe who Im pretty sure she despised.

Just a thought that Might have potential for fun.

lastDays
Member Avatar

Casey
Jun 4 2011, 11:27 PM
I wonder what's up with Maggie? Thanks for the scoop Vicky. :)
Me,too.I hope SR is not another vet being axed .I would be mucho pissed :soapbox:

After getting a chance to read the second page,it sounds like KC is getting rid of most of the 6 by way of shootout. :sheep: I would have prefered a flood washing them away
Edited by lastDays, Jun 5 2011, 06:53 AM.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks for the look ahead Vicki4Mimi.

I think it is very plausible that all this is related to Brady's actions in attacking EJ. We all know Stefano will not let it go uncontested, if he can find out who did it-that is and if Stefano has his fangs back by August. Maggie's injury and the shot we saw of Chad with a bloody shoulder could all be tied into the resurrection of the DiMera/Kiriakis war. It also makes perfect sense that this war will be used to eliminate some of the cast Corday's planning to release. If this goes well, it could very well turn out to be a build up of the audience going into the all important month of September.

Nice to know Allie is returning. The show has had Johnny say how he misses his sister. I know not everyone enjoys children on the show but I do.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Jun 5 2011, 06:25 AM
Im glad allie is coming home, I wonder if its a visit or for good. If its a visit it actually creates an opening for Lucas to return if he plans to take her back to Japan.

Maybe Lucas can return with a beautiful Japanese wife.. This could be fun, and different from anything he has played before. Maybe she comes from a powerful family and they donrt approve of Lucas as her usband and her Father sets out to harm or destroy Lucas, And get the wheels in otion for troubl;e between the two.
It could also play well with sami's reaction to it, she could sho residual jealousy that she failed to have written when he married Chloe who Im pretty sure she despised.

I am so freaking cornfuzzled now.

I have read that Jack is supposed to return with someone we already know.

Could this be J&M or for some bizzare reason, Ali?

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

SpriteEyes
Jun 5 2011, 08:01 AM
Taelyn
Jun 5 2011, 06:25 AM

I am so freaking cornfuzzled now.

I have read that Jack is supposed to return with someone we already know.

Could this be J&M or for some bizzare reason, Ali?
but ali seem they alreday film her come back while john and marlena not yet

jane1978

Taelyn
Jun 5 2011, 06:19 AM
Well, Im not convinced that Every potential cast victim already knows. Infact Final decisions on everyone may not even be made yet, They might just be weighing options on several people, looking at pro's and cons, And how they will fit into the future direction of the show.
But Im sure if there is an exit story that is plausable to be aired soon then Im sure those people must know. There might be others that Ken has not set the wheels in motion for yet, and he does not want the apple cart too off balance too early, especially if he has big plans for the summer..
He is going to want the BEST possible (considering the writing) out of all the cast.
Well, if the new writers are already working on outlines for late September the transition had to be already mapped out. We also know KA tweeted she got her first rewritten scripts sometime last week. So I think the change had been in the works for atleast a month but probably more before Dena was officially fired and Corday has pretty clear idea who to keep and who should be going. I also donīt think the new team will have much control atleast initially. Iīm sure Corday approached them with a firm list of changes already in his hands and it was up to them to wrap the characters up ASAP.

blueskies
Member Avatar

isn't August still under Dena?? The new DOOL writer said the "can't miss day" was 9/23.

jane1978

blueskies
Jun 5 2011, 08:39 AM
isn't August still under Dena?? The new DOOL writer said the "can't miss day" was 9/23.
Corday said mid Augist to mid September is the period of changes. So I assume thatīs the 17 episodes new team had to rewrite and they will start tape this Monday. 9/23 is probably some big event or moment officially starting the new reign, similar to fashion show in 2003 which started JERīs.

Vicky4Mimi

jane1978
Jun 5 2011, 08:50 AM
blueskies
Jun 5 2011, 08:39 AM
Corday said mid Augist to mid September is the period of changes. So I assume thatīs the 17 episodes new team had to rewrite and they will start tape this Monday. 9/23 is probably some big event or moment officially starting the new reign, similar to fashion show in 2003 which started JERīs.

Actually all my stuff happened and was filmed May 17--which is one day before it was announced that Dena was fired.
Edited by Vicky4Mimi, Jun 5 2011, 10:09 AM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Vicky, thanks for all the info! Sounds promising that there's a revisit of D v. K--though it is BEYOND stupid that the catalyst apparently is Brady getting revenge for Arianna's death, a character who neither he nor anyone else had even mentioned in ages and who if she had been popular wouldn't have been killed off in the first place. It's so typical Dena--the idea would have been fine if (1) they hadn't dropped the EJ-as-drug-lord stuff so abruptly (2) EJ actually really was directly responsible for Arianna's death and we saw that play out (3) Brady was actually with Arianna at the time of her death and planning to marry her and having visions of a happy wedding day and life thereafter that EJ cut short (4) we saw Brady actually trying to find her killer and then discovering it was EJ and (5) we saw Brady also uncover the fact that Arianna was probably not fatally injured but that Dr. Ty Treadway, who was working for Stefano, killed her to harvest her organs. THEN we would have a really strong case to be made for Kiriakis v. DiMera. I know we're finally free of Dena (almost), but honestly, how is it that she was SO terrible? This stuff seems so obvious and so easy to fix.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

sungrey
Jun 5 2011, 01:38 AM
Ah Tim, I know I'll have a wait. I am pretty sure the actors and actresses already know, but they're probably under a gag order not to say anything yet. I find it very hard to believe the actor will walk in Monday, be told "you're fired" and tape their exit scene that same week. Not with how far ahead they shoot... there is a plan, as badly executed as it might be.
Why do you find that so hard to believe? That is exactly what happened to some of the fired vets before,....they were told they were fired AFTER they filmed their final scenes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply