Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Some upcoming tidbits for August...; updated June 5th
Topic Started: Jun 4 2011, 10:30 PM (13,973 Views)
crookedhalo
Member Avatar

sungrey
Jun 5 2011, 01:49 AM
They'll get no exit. That's Dena's MO.

Oh wait, that's right... she's gone!! :)
I'm the kind of person that says if they are fired who gives a %$##%&*((*&^%$ if they get a good exit story or even an exit story. I always find exit stories to be ridiculous anyway.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Taelyn
Jun 5 2011, 06:25 AM
Im glad allie is coming home, I wonder if its a visit or for good. If its a visit it actually creates an opening for Lucas to return if he plans to take her back to Japan.

Maybe Lucas can return with a beautiful Japanese wife.. This could be fun, and different from anything he has played before. Maybe she comes from a powerful family and they donrt approve of Lucas as her usband and her Father sets out to harm or destroy Lucas, And get the wheels in otion for troubl;e between the two.
It could also play well with sami's reaction to it, she could sho residual jealousy that she failed to have written when he married Chloe who Im pretty sure she despised.

Just a thought that Might have potential for fun.
I have long thought that is something they could do with a returning Lucas.....he could come back with someone he fell for in Hong Kong, they don't particularly have to be oriental, but the oriental family would certainly fit because of the way they treat those they perceive have ruined the 'honor' of the family by doing something they oppose. Plus if they are an influential, powerful family, it really sets out for some great story. They could have been married against the wishes of her parents, maybe they eloped or something and now Lucas in an attempt to protect his wife and himself has decided to run off to Salem with wife in tow. They can be back for about 3 or 4 months and then her family follows them to Salem hunting them out to take revenge. Then Lucas fears for his kids getting caught in the middle or something and needs to tell Sami what is going on....I've always wanted Sami and him to scheme together again as adults, but this time for something that makes sense, not some stupid teen crush crap.....I think it would be interesting, plus her reaction to Lucas with a new beautiful exotic woman THAT LOVES HIM would be priceless.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Partnersincrime
Jun 5 2011, 08:05 AM
SpriteEyes
Jun 5 2011, 08:01 AM
Taelyn
Im glad allie is coming home, I wonder if its a visit or for good. If its a visit it actually creates an opening for Lucas to return if he plans to take her back to Japan.

Maybe Lucas can return with a beautiful Japanese wife.. This could be fun, and different from anything he has played before. Maybe she comes from a powerful family and they donrt approve of Lucas as her usband and her Father sets out to harm or destroy Lucas, And get the wheels in otion for troubl;e between the two.
It could also play well with sami's reaction to it, she could sho residual jealousy that she failed to have written when he married Chloe who Im pretty sure she despised.

I am so freaking cornfuzzled now.

I have read that Jack is supposed to return with someone we already know.

Could this be J&M or for some bizzare reason, Ali?
but ali seem they alreday film her come back while john and marlena not yet
I think Allie might be back for the fourth of july episode which was probably filmed out of order.....as per PR's tweets.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

Taelyn

Minorest of notes, but Lucas is in China, not Japan. Not that it changes anything for your story much.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Jun 5 2011, 08:09 AM
Taelyn
Jun 5 2011, 06:19 AM
Well, Im not convinced that Every potential cast victim already knows. Infact Final decisions on everyone may not even be made yet, They might just be weighing options on several people, looking at pro's and cons, And how they will fit into the future direction of the show.
But Im sure if there is an exit story that is plausable to be aired soon then Im sure those people must know. There might be others that Ken has not set the wheels in motion for yet, and he does not want the apple cart too off balance too early, especially if he has big plans for the summer..
He is going to want the BEST possible (considering the writing) out of all the cast.
Well, if the new writers are already working on outlines for late September the transition had to be already mapped out. We also know KA tweeted she got her first rewritten scripts sometime last week. So I think the change had been in the works for atleast a month but probably more before Dena was officially fired and Corday has pretty clear idea who to keep and who should be going. I also donīt think the new team will have much control atleast initially. Iīm sure Corday approached them with a firm list of changes already in his hands and it was up to them to wrap the characters up ASAP.
Exactly. Corday has already told the mags that six characters are being written out and six are returning. He even referred to those being written out as "characters who didn't pan out." He had to know doing that interview who is being written out and who is returning and, given it's clear CC and LS knew before last week, I'm going to guess the others do too, at least for the most part. This plan has been in place for a little bit from a casting perspective and telling people right before the studio goes dark is usually a good idea. Sure, you run the risk of those who are leaving being vocal and letting news of their exit out before the show officially comments (much like CC and LS did last week) but usually only the really vocal actors or actresses who have no fear of burning bridges do that. What's good about it as it provides a week where the person or people fired can digest that fact and cool down and then come back to work and be better able to focus and do their job until their final tape date.

jane1978

Vicky4Mimi
Jun 5 2011, 10:07 AM
jane1978
Jun 5 2011, 08:50 AM
blueskies
Jun 5 2011, 08:39 AM
isn't August still under Dena?? The new DOOL writer said the "can't miss day" was 9/23.
Corday said mid Augist to mid September is the period of changes. So I assume thatīs the 17 episodes new team had to rewrite and they will start tape this Monday. 9/23 is probably some big event or moment officially starting the new reign, similar to fashion show in 2003 which started JERīs.

Actually all my stuff happened and was filmed May 17--which is one day before it was announced that Dena was fired.
Thank you. It fits the timeline. If the K-D war is back on and there is shooting on streets itīs very easy to quickly get rid of anyone Corday wants. Not everyone will have the same luck as Maggie.

I also assume this is the last stage of Carlyīs addiction story and she probably was already fired from hospital and maybe left behind a suicide letter so Mel is taping a personal message for her to air hoping it will convince her to come back. It would fit with the soapy mouth halucination. She is saved and promptly send away on a long, long rehab.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Jun 5 2011, 11:06 AM
Vicky4Mimi
jane1978
blueskies
Jun 5 2011, 08:39 AM
isn't August still under Dena?? The new DOOL writer said the "can't miss day" was 9/23.
Corday said mid Augist to mid September is the period of changes. So I assume thatīs the 17 episodes new team had to rewrite and they will start tape this Monday. 9/23 is probably some big event or moment officially starting the new reign, similar to fashion show in 2003 which started JERīs.

Actually all my stuff happened and was filmed May 17--which is one day before it was announced that Dena was fired.
Thank you. It fits the timeline. If the K-D war is back on and there is shooting on streets itīs very easy to quickly get rid of anyone Corday wants. Not everyone will have the same luck as Maggie.

I also assume this is the last stage of Carlyīs addiction story and she probably was already fired from hospital and maybe left behind a suicide letter so Mel is taping a personal message for her to air hoping it will convince her to come back. It would fit with the soapy mouth halucination. She is saved and promptly send away on a long, long rehab.

That actually makes alot of sense regarding Carly/Melanie. I hadn't thought of that at all.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Just saw the updates to the information.

Sounds really good but it also sounds like this revisiting of the Kiriakis and Dimera fued will be just as short-lived as the first with Victor already saying he and Stefano were working it out. I hope Darrell and Marlene give us something more long-term for the Dimera/Kiriakis feud because while these little battles are nice, I would like a longer story arc.

Vicky4Mimi

PhoenixRising05
Jun 5 2011, 11:12 AM
jane1978
Jun 5 2011, 11:06 AM
Vicky4Mimi
jane1978

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

That actually makes alot of sense regarding Carly/Melanie. I hadn't thought of that at all.
That is a very good guess. I don't have any idea what it is--but Melanie was Very upset when filming the piece for Daniel and Jen!

Vicky4Mimi

LuvingLumi
Jun 5 2011, 10:40 AM
Partnersincrime
Jun 5 2011, 08:05 AM
SpriteEyes
Jun 5 2011, 08:01 AM
Taelyn

I am so freaking cornfuzzled now.

I have read that Jack is supposed to return with someone we already know.

Could this be J&M or for some bizzare reason, Ali?
but ali seem they alreday film her come back while john and marlena not yet
I think Allie might be back for the fourth of july episode which was probably filmed out of order.....as per PR's tweets.
Allie's first day back taping was May 16th I think.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jun 5 2011, 11:15 AM
Just saw the updates to the information.

Sounds really good but it also sounds like this revisiting of the Kiriakis and Dimera fued will be just as short-lived as the first with Victor already saying he and Stefano were working it out. I hope Darrell and Marlene give us something more long-term for the Dimera/Kiriakis feud because while these little battles are nice, I would like a longer story arc.
I agree, I always wanted a really big war story with the DiMeras and Kiriakis's but we only get these short attempts that never really go anywhere. In 2008 there was Philip vs John over the docks, in 2009 it was about the fuels project but became personal when Tony died. That was at the end of March and by June it was all about Philip saving Stephanie from Owen while EJ and Stefano got involved in the baby switch drama again.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I think the reason I'm not overly enthused about a DiMera/Kiriakis war is because it's so male-oriented. All the players are guys. We get enough of that on GH. To me, soaps are at their best when the stories are told from a female character's point of view. Plus, the DiMeras are so much better when they're tormenting people in macabre ways and not just pulling out toy guns and shooting people on the docks. That's too 'GH' for my tastes.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Jun 5 2011, 11:49 AM
I think the reason I'm not overly enthused about a DiMera/Kiriakis war is because it's so male-oriented. All the players are guys. We get enough of that on GH. To me, soaps are at their best when the stories are told from a female character's point of view. Plus, the DiMeras are so much better when they're tormenting people macabre ways and not just pulling out toy guns and shooting people on the docks. That's too 'GH' for my tastes.
It doesn't have to be. They could easily involve Kate and Maggie now given their relationships with Stefano and Victor. They could've tied in Vivian even. Bo and Hope could be brought into it. Lexie too. The women could have just as much focus as the men, if done right. One of the things I liked about the 2009 Kiriakis/Dimera feud was what we saw of Nicole and Stephanie's reactions to what was going on (obviously, Stephanie was directly impacted).

Sindacco
Member Avatar

It doesn't have to be just about the men. Kate has ties with both families, Lexie is Stefano's daughter and they can play the angle that Salem's Mayor Abe is Stefano's son in law.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jun 5 2011, 11:53 AM
They could easily involve Kate and Maggie now given their relationships with Stefano and Victor. They could've tied in Vivian even. Bo and Hope could be brought into it. Lexie too. The women could have just as much focus as the men, if done right. One of the things I liked about the 2009 Kiriakis/Dimera feud was what we saw of Nicole and Stephanie's reactions to what was going on (obviously, Stephanie was directly impacted).
I could see Bo and Hope being "reactionary" side players like Nicole and Stephanie, yes, but I can't see them stomping their feet and demanding that the DiMeras give them back their docks.

The core of the story, no matter what, would be the male Kiriakis' vs the male DiMeras, and everyone else would just be reactionary characters or side players. That's why I don't have much interest in it.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jun 5 2011, 11:49 AM
I think the reason I'm not overly enthused about a DiMera/Kiriakis war is because it's so male-oriented. All the players are guys. We get enough of that on GH. To me, soaps are at their best when the stories are told from a female character's point of view. Plus, the DiMeras are so much better when they're tormenting people in macabre ways and not just pulling out toy guns and shooting people on the docks. That's too 'GH' for my tastes.
It's a good point. I think my excitement stems from the fact that I'd much rather see EJ vs. Brady than EJ vs. Rafe. Those two are much more natural enemies IMOand I enjoy the dynamic between JS and EM. Or maybe I just enjoy the visual. It's one of those two.

Kenny
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jun 5 2011, 12:11 PM
I think my excitement stems from the fact that I'd much rather see EJ vs. Brady than EJ vs. Rafe. Those two are much more natural enemies IMOand I enjoy the dynamic between JS and EM. Or maybe I just enjoy the visual. It's one of those two.
I would enjoy EJ vs. Brady if a different actor was playing Brady. I know Eric Martsolf is liked by many people, but I just can't take him seriously in the role. He's too hammy.

Alligato
Member Avatar

LOL! I had totally forgotten that Dr. Ty Treadway was harvesting organs for the warden and STefano. That was dropped quickly, wasn't it.

Thanks for the scoop, Vicki! Very interesting stuff coming up with the Kiriakis vs. Dimeras. Too bad we have Phillip out as he could have added to the story, especially with his son. So EJ gets his ass kicked and Chad gets shot...glad the Kiriakis's are winning so far!

Is CC still filming?

mellie277
Member Avatar

I like EJ/Brady interactions, so at least it is something to look forward too........

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Thanks so much for all the info, Vicki. Much appreciated!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply