Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Some upcoming tidbits for August...; updated June 5th
Topic Started: Jun 4 2011, 10:30 PM (13,898 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

nanasmiles
Jun 12 2011, 09:08 PM
I wonder if tptb have considered using the disaster in Japan as a forerunner to getting Allie and Lucas home from Hong Kong? Any excuse in a storm for me. Just want Lucas back, if Bryan Datillo only.
Lucas is NOT in Japan.....he's in Hong Kong
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

LuvingLumi
Jun 6 2011, 11:59 AM
HASdays
Jun 6 2011, 11:47 AM
Casey
Jun 5 2011, 09:23 PM
Quote:

What happens with Quinn depends on whether he's bad or good, and what other bad guys are staying. I'd say he's out. Although he has a 3yr contract. What do they do with that?
I believe it's every sixteen week rotation the network can decide to cut a contract with the actor/actress. However, in the case of CC it was merely not renewing her contract.
ahh, so the actors are truly guaranteed only 16 weeks at a time.
I thought it was 13 weeks actually.....I remember when they got rid of Shelle, MM had just signed her new contract and she was gone shortly thereafter.
ok, 13 is something I seem to remember too.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

LuvingLumi
Jun 12 2011, 09:18 PM
nanasmiles
Jun 12 2011, 09:08 PM
I wonder if tptb have considered using the disaster in Japan as a forerunner to getting Allie and Lucas home from Hong Kong? Any excuse in a storm for me. Just want Lucas back, if Bryan Datillo only.
Lucas is NOT in Japan.....he's in Hong Kong
Some of china was under alert too i think. Japan is going through new problems with the reactors.
Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

JANALH
Jun 11 2011, 07:25 PM
LuvingLumi
Jun 11 2011, 07:11 PM
SpriteEyes
Jun 11 2011, 03:28 PM
LuvingLumi
Jun 10 2011, 07:21 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Nothing is wrong with it.

A watered down version of Lumi?

If anything they're Lumi on steroids. :D
I was only making a point that you don't need that 'drama' to tell a good story, there are other ways to tell it that can be equally satisfying as long as people are invested in the characters telling the story.

On the Lumi/Ejami comparisson, I don't believe so.....I refer to is as watered down because although they have the kids, they didn't have a basis for at least the first child, and then they threw in the second kid as a bonus. So, they have the kids, the connection with them and made up history via Santeen, not 17 years of history, not a true friendship foundation that they could build their relationship from. Sami can never look at Ej and say that he truly cared about her as a friend during the time he was the black glove, that he wanted the best for her, that he tried to make her a better person. That was never their relationship. Ejami only has 2 years more worth of 'history' than Safe, they are a watered down version of Lumi for sure, at least that is MHO.
I think either camp can come up with scenarios of Ejami and/or Lumi that would work and, to be honest, would probably be better than anything currently on screen. Having said that, I just really want the characters back to who they truly are. Sami conniving & bitchy, EJ smarmy, sexy, grayish villian, & if Lucas comes back, not some clueless, foot stomping, yelling shell of a character. Whatever happens from there, I think I could handle.

This being overun with boring, one note Safe is mind-numbing. I would love to see EJ and Lucas go at it again. I would love to see Lumi as frenemies. I would love to see EJ & Sami bicker and call each other names. Without all the shooting, kidnapping, doppleganger crap I've suffered thru for the past year.
I completely agree. I just want these characters to be who they were before DH decided to destroy them to fit her stupid plots. Is that so much to ask? I use to love all of these people and now I can't stand watching them because I don't even know them anymore. I have every appendage crossed that the new HWs have the talent to write deep, interesting characters and actually know and respect their characters' histories.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

lazydazes
Jun 11 2011, 07:29 PM
That sounds good to me. AS sure is being awfully quiet about all these changes.
Yup. But it could be others are just tweeting. Is KA the only one who tweeted about the new scripts? i don't follow everyone
Quote Post Goto Top

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

SpriteEyes
Jun 12 2011, 06:07 AM
JANALH
LuvingLumi
SpriteEyes
Jun 11 2011, 03:28 PM

I was only making a point that you don't need that 'drama' to tell a good story, there are other ways to tell it that can be equally satisfying as long as people are invested in the characters telling the story.

On the Lumi/Ejami comparisson, I don't believe so.....I refer to is as watered down because although they have the kids, they didn't have a basis for at least the first child, and then they threw in the second kid as a bonus. So, they have the kids, the connection with them and made up history via Santeen, not 17 years of history, not a true friendship foundation that they could build their relationship from. Sami can never look at Ej and say that he truly cared about her as a friend during the time he was the black glove, that he wanted the best for her, that he tried to make her a better person. That was never their relationship. Ejami only has 2 years more worth of 'history' than Safe, they are a watered down version of Lumi for sure, at least that is MHO.
I think either camp can come up with scenarios of Ejami and/or Lumi that would work and, to be honest, would probably be better than anything currently on screen. Having said that, I just really want the characters back to who they truly are. Sami conniving & bitchy, EJ smarmy, sexy, grayish villian, & if Lucas comes back, not some clueless, foot stomping, yelling shell of a character. Whatever happens from there, I think I could handle.

This being overun with boring, one note Safe is mind-numbing. I would love to see EJ and Lucas go at it again. I would love to see Lumi as frenemies. I would love to see EJ & Sami bicker and call each other names. Without all the shooting, kidnapping, doppleganger crap I've suffered thru for the past year.
I'd love to see Lucas and Ej as frenemies. They've both been on the "Sami wants to make someone else our kids daddy" list.
oh yeah!!! you tried to kill me, i shot you, you "you know" my ex, you had my brother shot, you intruded on my honeymoon, conned my wife away from me... Hey maybe they should go out for a beer... :sarcasm:

Not to mention EJ putting a man into his daughters home who terrified her.

mellbell56
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Jun 12 2011, 11:51 PM
SpriteEyes
JANALH
LuvingLumi

I'd love to see Lucas and Ej as frenemies. They've both been on the "Sami wants to make someone else our kids daddy" list.
oh yeah!!! you tried to kill me, i shot you, you "you know" my ex, you had my brother shot, you intruded on my honeymoon, conned my wife away from me... Hey maybe they should go out for a beer... :sarcasm:

I wonder if they will address those issues you mentioned? Frightening the children was big for me. As much as we are suppose to believe EJ loves his kids why would he put them at risk with Rafe 2? He did send Ali away but what about Johnny? Syd?

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

mellbell56
Jun 13 2011, 05:43 AM
crookedhalo
SpriteEyes
JANALH

I wonder if they will address those issues you mentioned? Frightening the children was big for me. As much as we are suppose to believe EJ loves his kids why would he put them at risk with Rafe 2? He did send Ali away but what about Johnny? Syd?
EJ was wrong to put Fafe around his kids, but Johnny and Syd weren't scared of him. As I recall, Johnny said he liked Fafe better than the real Rafe.

Deleted User
Deleted User

tomsawyer
Jun 13 2011, 03:05 PM
mellbell56
crookedhalo
SpriteEyes

EJ was wrong to put Fafe around his kids, but Johnny and Syd weren't scared of him. As I recall, Johnny said he liked Fafe better than the real Rafe.
how could johnny say that?

But yeah, he did, but the guy is an obvious nutbar, Stefano and EJ are aware of that, but it's still ok to torture the children's mother and create a disturbing home environment for them there as long as in the end EJ gets what he wants.
Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Quote:

but it's still ok to torture the children's mother and create a disturbing home environment for them there as long as in the end EJ gets what he wants.

Just like it's still ok for Sami shooting the children's father and creating a disturbing home environment for them there as long as in the end Sami gets what she wants.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

HASdays
Jun 13 2011, 04:34 PM
tomsawyer
mellbell56
crookedhalo

But yeah, he did, but the guy is an obvious nutbar, Stefano and EJ are aware of that, but it's still ok to torture the children's mother and create a disturbing home environment for them there as long as in the end EJ gets what he wants.
I'm not following you - are you asking how Johhny said that he likes Fafe better than Rafe? If so, Johnny noticed that was Rafe was different and said that he likes him even better now, which translates to Johhny liking fake Rafe better than real Rafe. Like I said in my post, EJ was wrong to do what he did with Fafe, but unlike Allie, EJ and Syd were not frightened of him like the poster above me was concerned about. Apparently all you have to do is give them ice cream and they think you are the cat's meow.

Deleted User
Deleted User

tomsawyer
Jun 13 2011, 04:55 PM
HASdays
tomsawyer
mellbell56

I'm not following you - are you asking how Johhny said that he likes Fafe better than Rafe? If so, Johnny noticed that was Rafe was different and said that he likes him even better now, which translates to Johhny liking fake Rafe better than real Rafe. Like I said in my post, EJ was wrong to do what he did with Fafe, but unlike Allie, EJ and Syd were not frightened of him like the poster above me was concerned about. Apparently all you have to do is give them ice cream and they think you are the cat's meow.
ice cream and sprinkles. ;)

So it's ok he scared the life out of Allie. As long as it's not EJ's kids he's scaring. And we are to feel that EJ is a hero because he balked at the idea of stealing Allie - and not for Allie's sake, or Sami's, for Johnny's - again, for something EJ wants. Never mind how it hurts others.

He is also interfering in what was a stable home, consistently. All because he's jealous of the stability that Rafe brought to "HIS" children's lives. Stability that Ej can't bring himself.
Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Nope, like I said, what EJ did with Fafe was not okay.

Dolly

Thank God for a writing change.

lucym

HASdays
tomsawyer
mellbell56
crookedhalo

Actually if there's one area the writers have been consistent in it is ensuring that EJ never gets what he wants lol

Deleted User
Deleted User

lucym
Jun 14 2011, 12:34 AM
HASdays
tomsawyer
mellbell56

Actually if there's one area the writers have been consistent in it is ensuring that EJ never gets what he wants lol
neither does Sami.

Groundhog day. round and round we go.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

lucym
Jun 14 2011, 12:34 AM
HASdays
tomsawyer
mellbell56

Truer words have never been spoken.
Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

HASdays
Jun 14 2011, 01:11 AM
Quote:

neither does Sami.

As it should be.

They're both horribly self-absorbed sociopaths, bad parents, unreliable loves and carry a U-Haul of baggage behind them wherever they go.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Jun 14 2011, 02:44 AM
HASdays
Jun 14 2011, 01:11 AM
Quote:

neither does Sami.

As it should be.

They're both horribly self-absorbed sociopaths, bad parents, unreliable loves and carry a U-Haul of baggage behind them wherever they go.

Except when they're together.

They work in a nonconventional way.

suzipawhuska
Member Avatar

JUST BRING BACK LUCAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LUMI FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply