Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Some upcoming tidbits for August...; updated June 5th
Topic Started: Jun 4 2011, 10:30 PM (13,962 Views)
daisy132

suzipawhuska
Jun 14 2011, 05:54 PM
JUST BRING BACK LUCAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LUMI FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes to Lucas, but no thanks to Lumi for me. ;)
Edited by daisy132, Jun 14 2011, 06:06 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ges
Member Avatar

What are they going to do with Lucas? If he comes back he better not be his little mama's boy like a puppet on a string, and every woman's doormat. I am sure he is just as sick of this character (the writing) as we are. They promised him a new direction with Chloe, away from Sammi's little bitch, and they lied to him. I'd like to see him come back as a strong businessman, but there is no way they are going to break up Safe. That would make no sense. I really can't see Sammi or Lucas being anything but supportive of Will after they get over their initial surprise. I hope they don't screw this up.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

I'd like to see Lucas back as Sami's friend. Seriously, we have no relationships on this show where the guy and the girl are just friends and if I remember correctly, they were an awesome team before they started their little back and forth love junk.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

ges
Jun 14 2011, 09:05 PM
What are they going to do with Lucas? If he comes back he better not be his little mama's boy like a puppet on a string, and every woman's doormat. I am sure he is just as sick of this character (the writing) as we are. They promised him a new direction with Chloe, away from Sammi's little bitch, and they lied to him. I'd like to see him come back as a strong businessman, but there is no way they are going to break up Safe. That would make no sense. I really can't see Sammi or Lucas being anything but supportive of Will after they get over their initial surprise. I hope they don't screw this up.
I hope they root Lucas's story in his family connections if the whole point of bringing him back is getting another Horton front and center.

And what if Lucas was the one who tracked down Jack to bring him back to try to break up Daniel and Jennifer? I doubt that is how it's going down since Matt Ashford's return has already been announced and Bryan's hasn't been yet but that could have been good.

Anyway what makes me excited about a Lucas return is what it could mean for his relationships with his family. I want to see Jennifer and Lucas sibling drama play out because I've always felt like Lucas's relationships with his Horton siblings were under-explored, at least certainly in comparison to those with Austin, Billie and Philip.

I also want to see what Lucas thinks about his aunt/AA sponsor Maggie getting involved with Victor given what a love-hate and often-toxic relationship Victor had with Lucas's mom.

I want to see Lucas deal with Will's gay storyline.

As far as Sami and any other potential coupling, I could really care less about Lucas's romantic storylines. I actually hope they keep him single for a while even if Sami breaks up with Rafe or Rafe leaves so we can once again see the character of Lucas defined as an individual outside of his relationships with Sami or his mother or some other woman cuckolding him.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

IMissAremid
Jun 14 2011, 09:24 PM
ges
Jun 14 2011, 09:05 PM
I hope they root Lucas's story in his family connections if the whole point of bringing him back is getting another Horton front and center.

And what if Lucas was the one who tracked down Jack to bring him back to try to break up Daniel and Jennifer? I doubt that is how it's going down since Matt Ashford's return has already been announced and Bryan's hasn't been yet but that could have been good.

Anyway what makes me excited about a Lucas return is what it could mean for his relationships with his family. I want to see Jennifer and Lucas sibling drama play out because I've always felt like Lucas's relationships with his Horton siblings were under-explored, at least certainly in comparison to those with Austin, Billie and Philip.

I also want to see what Lucas thinks about his aunt/AA sponsor Maggie getting involved with Victor given what a love-hate and often-toxic relationship Victor had with Lucas's mom.

I want to see Lucas deal with Will's gay storyline.

As far as Sami and any other potential coupling, I could really care less about Lucas's romantic storylines. I actually hope they keep him single for a while even if Sami breaks up with Rafe or Rafe leaves so we can once again see the character of Lucas defined as an individual outside of his relationships with Sami or his mother or some other woman cuckolding him.
Wow...we agree...you see it's possible! ;)

I am hoping for a return of Bill. We've never seen a Bill/Lucas story. How about if Lucas initially isn't as supportive of Will as Will thought he would be. Let's face it, for a very long time we've seen Lucas being the parent that Will 'prefers' for lack of a better word. If Will distances himself from Lucas that is pretty much similar to the reaction that Lucas had when he found out Bill was his father and confronted him about it. It would be wise for Days to bring JM on recurring at least so Bill could be around for both Will and Lucas....that wouldn't be a bad story IMHO.....

I am hoping that if he comes back these writers take a little time and write for him. Bryan isn't a bad actor, he can do drama really well when given good material and he (and Lucas) are funny, sarcastic and the character is one of the few truly grey characters that may be left on Days. By truly grey I mean he was NEVER portrayed as the 'real good guy'...there was always something about Lucas that kept him more of a bad seed even when the character was being written to be 'good' in 2006/2007.

I am hoping with LK saying something about business sets that they bring back Titan and they have both Lucas and Kate working there. Heck, have Lucas offer Sami a job as an assistant or something....remember when headed the Horton Foundation (hey that is an idea, maybe they can bring that back too) and he 'bribed' her to help him in the board room.....

it'll be a hoot if we can see them again in their fun playfull stuff, I don't think they will ever go back to being full fletched enemies....but I am dying for some good Kate/Lucas/Sami scenes....

Lucas and Sami worked as a lot of things, obviously being a fan of them see great potential in a romantic story involving them again, but it doesn't have to be just that. For too many years Lucas was portrayed as the great love of Sami's life...I buy that she loves Rafe now, but since Lumi never dealt with their feelings for each other and simply buried them and moved to other people, I can't help but at least HOPE for something between them again down the road, not immediately, but in the future.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

daisy132
Jun 14 2011, 06:06 PM
suzipawhuska
Jun 14 2011, 05:54 PM
JUST BRING BACK LUCAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LUMI FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes to Lucas, but no thanks to Lumi for me. ;)
:hail: enough of them!

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

no, never EVER enough of Lumi. They haven't dealt with what Ej did to them by destroying their marriage. Sami moved onto Rafe and Lucas moved onto Chloe and then just moved. It could be a hot story to see Lumi truly explore their feelings for each other, not just rush into the sack. Right now though, I just want to see Lucas back on screen and see what devolps from there.
He needs to be a parent for both Will and Allie.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

That the point, I am beyond sick of them dealing with Ej. I never liked Lucas but I may find him tolerable if he came back without Sami on his mind, she self destructs every man she is with.

tatigers81
Member Avatar

Sami is just one hot mess - and there's only one man that can handle her - if the writers would write the great story for it - but they've ruined it.

Haven't watched DAYS since Feb - and not watching until they fix the mess that has been spun since mid August of 2010 or actually since Jan 2010 - when EJ was revealed as Sydney's kidnapper!

I started watching in Nov 2009 becasue I was drawn in my the magnetism of EJ - and the spark I saw between him and Sami - I read about their history and became more intrigued. I was highly upset after just watching for 2 months that EJ was revealed as the kidnapper - but then grew to accept it as I realized more and more how tortured he was - then they drove the nail deeper by having him fake Syd's death - but then I found myself forgiving him for that espcecially the day he kissed Syd on the head and muttered "What have I done, What have I done, I love her, I love your mother".....just made me cry,.

then the summer of 2010 was lovely - until the day that Sami told EJ "yes" and then things went wrong....
I hated the almost wedding...but I kept watching
I hated the shooting - but I kept watching thinking this can't be real
I hated the Rafe and Sami wedding - and EJ showing up and taking the kids - but I kept watching hoping for some ray of hope

but the day I turned off my tv and never looked back was when the writers had EJ be a part of the 2 Rafe's and sending the fake Rafe to Sami's bed - to me that was not the EJ I knew and loved - the tortured soul that loved Sami beyond all else - and the only reason I was back to watching days again since June '04 was to see the lovely complicated Ej DiMera - torn between goodness and badness - the love of Samantha Gene Brady and the love of his evil father, Stefano DiMera - James Scott played that EJ so eloquently it was heartbreaking yet endearing to watch - but the EJ that smoked cigars, and saluted over Sami sleeping with fake Rafe was not the EJ I was drawn to - so I stopped watching cold turkey yet again. I check in now and then to read spoilers and seen a show here and there in passing when my daughter was watching.....but haven't sat down and watched a Days of Our Lives Episode from start to finish since about end of Jan....

If this new writing team can fix this mess - then maybe just maybe I'll come back, but until then still not watching....I'm not interested in having Ej thrown under the bus time and time again - tired of him being labeled the evil monster - when everyone in Salem is just as evil and corrupt as he is - Brady's no saint....not watching him beat the crap out of EJ.

Oh well that's my rant - i slide back into oblivion once again - at least until September maybe longer, maybe forever from Days of Our Lives...it's a wait and see game.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

I love Lucas and hope that Bryan Datillo returns to the show. I agree that he needs to rebuilt as an individual first, and then find him a romantic love interest. And they need to find the right woman to pair with him. The show needs to actually take the time and screentest actors to see if they have chemistry before pimping the crap out of the pairing. That's why so many of their new relationships never took off the ground for most viewers.
But, I DO want Lucas back on my screen for sure!

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

I am willing to start with getting Lucas back first. He is a strong buisnessman and that should be portrayed. I don't care what anyone else thinks, Lumi is my cup of tea and I'll never have enough of them. Their chance was shatttered by Ej, he needs to pay for that. I am happy he got what he deserved from Brady. There are other Salemites that need to deliever an Ej smack down. I tuned in just to see Ej getting his ass kicked. Its not nearly enough pay back, but its a start!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

bryandattilofan
Jun 15 2011, 10:18 AM
I don't care what anyone else thinks, Lumi is my cup of tea and I'll never have enough of them. Their chance was shatttered by Ej
Lumi's chance was shattered by horrible writing by Hogan Sheffer and Dena Higley and the show's decision to let BD go. EJ is a pretty devious (fictional) guy, but he didn't get Bryan Dattilo off the show.

I definitely think Lucas and Sami having discussions about "what went wrong" should certainly be part of the mix as they attempt to rebuild a friendship or truce in parenting or whatever. But I think Sami needs a timeout from relationships to rebuild her character as an individual just as much, actually probably even more, than Lucas does.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

IMissAremid
Jun 15 2011, 12:39 PM
bryandattilofan
Jun 15 2011, 10:18 AM
I don't care what anyone else thinks, Lumi is my cup of tea and I'll never have enough of them. Their chance was shatttered by Ej
Lumi's chance was shattered by horrible writing by Hogan Sheffer and Dena Higley and the show's decision to let BD go. EJ is a pretty devious (fictional) guy, but he didn't get Bryan Dattilo off the show.

I definitely think Lucas and Sami having discussions about "what went wrong" should certainly be part of the mix as they attempt to rebuild a friendship or truce in parenting or whatever. But I think Sami needs a timeout from relationships to rebuild her character as an individual just as much, actually probably even more, than Lucas does.

ITA. You know what I would like (not right away but months down the road) for them to have a conversation about how their relationship ended and more importantly WHY it ended. It still amazes me till this day that through all the hate the minute they fell in love and actually managed to get married, 'their love' didn't end, their marriage did and neither wanted it to end, it was ripped apart in front of us. That is what's been constant in Lumi. That through it all, even till the end they DID show love for one another.

I would like them to sit down over coffee and reflect on how they both screwed up this one. I would like Sami to tell him why he always ran toward the 'good girl' that ended up being worse than staying with her, and I would like to get an honest answer from him. I would like to have him tell her that he hated it how everytime they had a disagreement, a problem in their relationship there was always someone there on her end to help her out...when it was Brandon, it was Austin, when it wasn't him it was Ej. He always felt he was in direct competition with these men even if she claimed to love on Lucas. If they would explore that talk maybe it would make sense why he always felt that he needed to run to 'whatever woman was around' at the time of his breakup with Sami...he needed to beat her at her own game.

Aya
Member Avatar

If Lucas comes back the last thing I want to see is a EJ/Sami/Lucas revenge story...we all know how its going to end...

Helpless Romantic

Aya
Jun 15 2011, 12:51 PM
If Lucas comes back the last thing I want to see is a EJ/Sami/Lucas revenge story...we all know how its going to end...
The PTB are moving away from the revenge and onto heroic love which EJ and Sami is not. That "triangle" is played out and and yes I know very well how that ended and would end.... ;) triangles were Higley's thing so I am hoping that changes with her exit. A far more rootable Triangle is SAFE Lumi if he is to return but I do not want a triangle period but romance and adventure which we are being promised and I hope the PTB can deliever as enough is enough of this bullshit that has been on screen. Also I hope things are more balanced and that we get characters interacting with unlikely people with a strong familial presence and support of each other.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Jun 15 2011, 01:11 PM.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar

Aya
Jun 15 2011, 12:51 PM
:hail: :hail: That is the last thing that I want to see :shame:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply