Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mark Hapka Returns? (Update: No.); See pg. 15
Topic Started: Jun 9 2011, 11:33 AM (27,269 Views)
DaysPossessed
Member Avatar

Ya! Love Nathan!

As for BD returning as Lucas - no thank you.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jane1978

six
Jun 9 2011, 12:23 PM
Partnersincrime
Jun 9 2011, 12:10 PM
talbab1994
Jun 9 2011, 12:07 PM
So, if he comes back, that's 4 returning-- Jarlena, Jack, Nathan, any guesses as to the one or two left?
he said 5 0r 6

so who knows if one left or 2

do you think sonny consider the 5
Good question. Sonny has never been on screen in Salem, so I don't think it's fair to consider him a return, but KC might disagree.

As for Nathan :shrug: . He was inoffensive, but he didn't stand out, either. If we were bringing back young Horton's, I'd rather have Nick, but it's okay if Nathan comes back, or if he doesn't.
He started good, but the writing got so terrible. And eventually they sidelined him along with Shelley and that was it for him. But they really tried to build him up as the next Dr. Horton first and he definitely has chemistry with Molly.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I'm good with MH returning - I like him. And while I didn't love Nathan, under a different writer that might all change.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I think it's safe to say that Hapka is being tweeted for confirmation...a lot. :laugh:

Keith
Member Avatar

If true, I'm happy. The last thing the show should be cutting is young talent. Not that they haven't done it before (Madison, Beemer, Berris, etc.). Nathan was being set up as the future Horton. I hated how he was written so whiny towards the end, so I hope that's fixed.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Ugh! I can't stand Nathan's pathetic ass. Can he please just back long enough to take that annoying flea Melaine and go away together?!!!!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

SlyestFox
Jun 9 2011, 12:22 PM
Partnersincrime
talbab1994
So, if he comes back, that's 4 returning-- Jarlena, Jack, Nathan, any guesses as to the one or two left?
he said 5 0r 6

Sonny is not a return. For starter's, he was born offscreen so we've legitimately never seen him before, not even as a baby. Also, his return is happening this month and is not in conjunction with this September 6 coming/6 going regime change.

As of now it's...

IN:

1. Matthew Ashford (Jack)
2. Drake Hogestyn (John)
3. Deidre Hall (Marlena)
4. Mark Hapka (Nathan)

OUT:

1. Crystal Chappell (Carly)
2. Louise Sorel (Vivian)
3. Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe)
4. Tamara Braun (Taylor)
5. Bren Foster (Quinn)

Just three more unaccounted for. 2 if it was only 5 returns.
And if we take what Corday said....my guess is the final two will be a Horton and a Brady...

Eric Brady comes to mind

and of course

Lucas Horton....

the last to go might very well be Dario, could even be Rafe, I don't see Ej going anywhere but maybe Stefano might.

I would venture to guess any one of those three are probably on the chopping block...then there is always Gabby.

It really depends on what stories they have in mind. I can so see Ej/Nicole/Eric, then there is always the Lucas/Sami/Rafe.....if that is the case, my bet is Stefano is out....if they are thinking of going with Dario/Mel/Nathan.

Now my concern is if they do recast Eric Brady and pair him with Nicole, what will happen to EM's Brady?

I can see why they'd want to bring a Horton in the 20s range and another Horton and then a Brady in the late 30s range...it fits....

LiZa
Member Avatar

I'd be happy if Nathan returned. Could finish up the Mel/Nathan story line. Plus get rid of Dario!

The only things Mark has twitted is:

MarkHapka Mark Hapka
Gym...gym..gym. Gym.... Gym........hi.
2 hours ago

MarkHapka Mark Hapka
@ - "wanna goto an event?". Me- "eh" @ScuseCaseyd "there are
video games and an all u can eat In N Out truck. " me- " pick me up!" #fatty
12 hours ago

MarkHapka Mark Hapka
Can the changes at DOOL get any more extreme!?
14 hours ago

(I assume he was talking about Gary)
Edited by LiZa, Jun 9 2011, 01:08 PM.

sungrey

Mark's being pretty silent about it. I admit, I tweeted him to ask if it was true. Molly's also being silent except for one tweet a few minutes ago, but I suspect they're filming now.

jane1978

LiZa
Jun 9 2011, 01:08 PM
I'd be happy if Nathan returned. Could finish up the Mel/Nathan story line. Plus get rid of Dario!

MarkHapka Mark Hapka
2 hours ago

MarkHapka Mark Hapka
12 hours ago

MarkHapka Mark Hapka
14 hours ago

I think the actors are forbidden to confirm anything. MA announcing it on FB was obviously a mistake. He immediatelly took the page down, but it was too late so DAYS had to confirm. We still have no official confirmation of Jarlena. And the rest is completely uknown, even when they all have to already know and might be even taping.

But Mark definitely looks positive and is interacting with the DAYS actors a lot. I definitely think he is back.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

jane1978
Jun 9 2011, 01:15 PM
LiZa
Jun 9 2011, 01:08 PM

MarkHapka Mark Hapka
2 hours ago

MarkHapka Mark Hapka
12 hours ago

MarkHapka Mark Hapka
14 hours ago

I think the actors are forbidden to confirm anything. MA announcing it on FB was obviously a mistake. He immediatelly took the page down, but it was too late so DAYS had to confirm. We still have no official confirmation of Jarlena. And the rest is completely uknown, even when they all have to already know and might be even taping.

But Mark definitely looks positive and is interacting with the DAYS actors a lot. I definitely think he is back.
I think you are right. I'm betting that Days planned to have all the firings released first and then get some HUGE publicity out of announcing all the hires at ONCE probably after letting fans get over the firings. Problem is that Matt did that on FB even before the announcement of Dena came out....and it was pretty much a given that his return was imminent....and Louise let the other two spill....I'd venture to think that the rest of the returns will be confirmed by Days before anyone else.

Beth
Member Avatar

I didn't mind Nathan. he was easy to look at. Melanie is the irritating one. Maybe everything with her will be better with better writing.

jtsahottie
Member Avatar
If I woke from a coma and Channing Tatum told me he was my husband... I'd Believe Him!

Not exactly the strong HORTON presence I envisioned. :flipoff:

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

I hope this is true. I want the Mate pay off I was promised damnit!!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I like him, but there are others I would rather have back.

daisy132

jtsahottie
Jun 9 2011, 01:30 PM
I think they're in negotiations with Brick Horton. ;)

jtsahottie
Member Avatar
If I woke from a coma and Channing Tatum told me he was my husband... I'd Believe Him!

daisy132
Jun 9 2011, 01:36 PM
jtsahottie
Jun 9 2011, 01:30 PM
I think they're in negotiations with Brick Horton. ;)
Well that would be a casting call I would be excited about. :cheer:

six
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 9 2011, 01:06 PM
SlyestFox
Partnersincrime
talbab1994
he said 5 0r 6

Sonny is not a return. For starter's, he was born offscreen so we've legitimately never seen him before, not even as a baby. Also, his return is happening this month and is not in conjunction with this September 6 coming/6 going regime change.

As of now it's...

IN:

2. Drake Hogestyn (John)
3. Deidre Hall (Marlena)
4. Mark Hapka (Nathan)

OUT:

2. Louise Sorel (Vivian)
3. Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe)
4. Tamara Braun (Taylor)
5. Bren Foster (Quinn)

And if we take what Corday said....my guess is the final two will be a Horton and a Brady...

Eric Brady comes to mind

and of course

Lucas Horton....

the last to go might very well be Dario, could even be Rafe, I don't see Ej going anywhere but maybe Stefano might.

I would venture to guess any one of those three are probably on the chopping block...then there is always Gabby.

It really depends on what stories they have in mind. I can so see Ej/Nicole/Eric, then there is always the Lucas/Sami/Rafe.....if that is the case, my bet is Stefano is out....if they are thinking of going with Dario/Mel/Nathan.

Now my concern is if they do recast Eric Brady and pair him with Nicole, what will happen to EM's Brady?

I can see why they'd want to bring a Horton in the 20s range and another Horton and then a Brady in the late 30s range...it fits....
Now that they've brought Nathan back, I think if Lucas returns, they're going to have to get rid of a guy or two in that age range unless we're getting six major returns and some newbies to round out the cast. Sami and Nicole can't juggle all those men between the two of them.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

six
Jun 9 2011, 01:40 PM
LuvingLumi
Jun 9 2011, 01:06 PM
SlyestFox
Partnersincrime

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

As of now it's...

IN:

2. Drake Hogestyn (John)
3. Deidre Hall (Marlena)
4. Mark Hapka (Nathan)

OUT:

2. Louise Sorel (Vivian)
3. Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe)
4. Tamara Braun (Taylor)
5. Bren Foster (Quinn)

Eric Brady comes to mind

and of course

Lucas Horton....

Now that they've brought Nathan back, I think if Lucas returns, they're going to have to get rid of a guy or two in that age range unless we're getting six major returns and some newbies to round out the cast. Sami and Nicole can't juggle all those men between the two of them.
Plus if they add Eric...then they'd have to get rid of someone...I'm willing to bet it's either SC or GG that is out next....thought it was JM but I'm not sure now and it pains me but what are they going to do with Brady?

Plus we are assuming that all these people will be involved in triangles, and that was Dena's writing and these writers might not be in favor of that. So I can see them getting rid of Dan and working on repairing the relationship between Jack and Jen again slowly. They can get rid of Dario and have Mel and Nathan rekindle what they had. They can decide to get rid of Dario and Gabby, keep Rafe and get rid of EM, bring on Brady and get rid of Dan.....and maybe bring another female for Lucas or something down the road...not immediately if he comes back.

lysie
Member Avatar

Eh. I liked him at first but he really sucked by the end of his stint. I'm not really opposed to his returning but I'm not excited either. Soaps.com even gave storyline details so I'm highly skeptical.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply