Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Crystal and Kristian talk online drama (SOD); Michael Fairman article added
Topic Started: Jun 17 2011, 10:27 AM (15,267 Views)
Ellie

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/chappell-and-alfonso-address-online-drama

Chappell And Alfonso Address Online Drama

By SOD • Posted: Jun 17, 2011

Crystal Chappell (Carly, DAYS) spoke to Digest about the online furor that has taken place since the announcement of her exit and comments made on the Web about Kristian Alfonso (Hope) that led to warring between the fan bases. "I have no bad feelings toward Kristian or anybody," she declares. "I didn't come to the defense of my colleague on Twitter, but I actually did. It's nobody else's business really how I do something." The fan base fighting upset her the most. "What disturbed me was that [my fan base] was being blamed for something someone else said," she explains. "My feeling is, don't fight. It's pointless to fight. I don't see the reason for it, especially in light of the fact that these shows are in terrible jeopardy and the more we fracture the overall fan base, the more unstable the show becomes. So it's really important that all fan bases stick together. I don't care what people think of me, quite frankly, because I know my truth, but I really took offense to people going after innocent people. I don't condone hate. It really begs the question what defines bullying." For more from the actress, be sure to pick up the issue of Digest on sale next Friday. As for Alfonso, she tells Digest exclusively, "The whole thing is very sad. I very much enjoyed working with Crystal Chappell and think she's a tremendous talent and she will be missed. I'm so sad that people feel so free to bully. It is a troubling problem in today's society. I've tried to always remember what my parents have told me, which I relay now to my own children: Always treat others with the love and respect that you would also like to receive."

EXCLUSIVE: Crystal Chappell speaks out on Twitter controversy!

Several days ago an all out war of words between rival fan bases erupted on Twitter, after some tweets by TV Guide Canada journalist, Nelson Branco, regarding Days of our Lives star, Kristian Alfonso (Hope). As fans became upset surrounding the comments in the tweets, Crystal Chappell (Carly) entered the fray to try to calm down the explosion that was happening on Twitter. But she was taken to task for what appeared to some that she chose not to defend her castmate, but defended Branco’s honor and right to speak his mind.

Chappell, asked to speak exclusively with On-Air On-Soaps to publicly clear the air on what went down and to address the public attacks on her for just trying to diffuse the situation, and how we all must use social media more wisely and stop attacking one another. And with or without intent, this entire Twitter episode erupted, sad to say, as a form of Cyberbulling…. something no group or individual should have to experience. So, here below is what Crystal wanted to relay to soapers everywhere! It is our hope that this will give everyone some perspective on the subject.

I know you wanted to make a statement about what happened on Twitter. Where do you want to start?
CRYSTAL: First, I don’t agree with what was said, and when you are walking into something blindly, you just want the madness to stop. It would not matter who it was. I would probably find a way to diffuse the situation. I think that is probably what a lot of people were trying to do, but people were angry, and then all of a sudden fists were flying everywhere at everyone. It was a melee and over-the-top. You know I don’t condone hatred of any kind, and I think people have the right to speak their mind. But, I really do think we have to choose our words more carefully. If you want to have a discussion, ask questions. If you just want to hate on somebody, what I have done is I go for the “block”, and then that becomes a weird football game, too. But there should be no reason for it. If you want something from me, tell me. If you want to tell me that you hate me, tell me. Tell me that you hate me and move on. Fans and fellow actors being attacked for no reason based on what somebody else said, was not right. My whole aim with this was to say, “Stop fighting. I don’t know what is going on either. But this is not O.K.!” The intensity of the hatred was astounding. It was not, “I am angry with you or I don’t like you,” it was one of those things where I thought, “Am I going to have to call the F.B.I.?” I think these people want to kill me. They were not threatening bodily harm, but it was a violent attack of words. And, I don’t understand that coming from anybody. I don’t understand that with members of the press. I don’t condone that!

Let’s clear the air also, about your feelings on Kristian Alfonso and how this negative turn with this whole Twitter debacle affected you, your castmates and other fans.
CRYSTAL: I never said an unkind word about Kristian Alfonso and I do not have bad feelings about her. I brushed by her today at work and we said, “Hello. How are you?” There is no problem between her and me. And this is what is so sadly wrong about all of this. I just wanted to make a point of let’s not hurt each other. But, the intensity of this hatred said something to me. So I thought, “I will take it” because I am used to it after over 20 years in this business. But to do this to others fans, and to have four people tweeting me going, “Why are they being so mean to me? They don’t even know me.” And these are DAYS fans! These are people that are supporting the show! I thought, “Dear God. This is so sad and unnecessary.” You really don’t know what anyone knows, or don’t know. There is just this rage. I don’t blame people for being upset about what was said about Kristian. I was upset when I read it the next day and I did something about it. My people made a phone call to Kristian. I have to ask people; what would you do if you were walking down the street and you saw two people fighting? Would you just walk by? Would you stand there and cheer them on? Would you say, “Before I try to help you, I am gonna ask which one of you threw the first stone?” Or, would you just try to break the fight up? Now, I go for break the fight up and then figure out what is going on. But to sit there and judge anything and anyone for what I think was a sane decision, and to spin that to be something else is a little maddening, and unacceptable. I spoke with Molly Burnett (Melanie, DAYS) today and thanked her for being a decent person. She was just trying to diffuse the situation. She should not be hated because of that. But this is about polarizing and winning something. What are you going to win? I am not even on DAYS anymore. Where is the win here? You get to be the bigger hater? I just don’t get it and I don’t want that for the fans. Like I said, I understand their rage completely. But I don’t understand the win. You don’t have all the facts and you are attacking people who are absolutely innocent based on what one person said. I don’t get it.

Had you known the whole back-story about what was unfolding on twitter, and what had preceded you coming in to it, would you perhaps not chosen to post your original tweet, but something else?
CRYSTAL: What I would have done would have been to go in to Twitter and say something different, which would have been, “Stop the hate! I don’t care which camp it is coming from… stop!“ We all have the right to speak our minds. I think back to what happened last week with Tracy Morgan. But, there are boundaries and lines, and things you need to be aware of that effect people. That is true for everyone: press, an actor, or a fan. The only reason I bring this whole issue up is for a couple of reasons. One is to be respectful of each other as human beings, and we deserve to go to bed knowing not that we won a hate war, but we have calmly and civilly spoken to each other respectfully. And, I am not pointing the finger at any one fan base. I am saying that for everybody. Also, that if we don’t pull together as fans of daytime television, you are going to see it go away. This is the last thing, trust me. I am on the inside of this, and the last thing daytime TV needs is fractured fan bases. It is totally unacceptable what is going on. There is too much going on out there in the world right now. We don’t need to be going off on each other. Just say what you have to say, but be willing to listen to somebody. Have a dialog. That is what I wanted to have, a dialog.

In a perfect world, how would you have preferred people to let you know their feelings about you in this scenario?
CRYSTAL: In a perfect world, tell me you are pissed off about what Nelson said. Tell me you are pissed off at me, because I defended him. Let me have an opportunity – and as I said- I don’t condone hatred. But nobody said, “Crystal, do you agree that Nelson said that Kristian got you fired?” And I would have said, “No, I don’t agree with that.” There was no dialog. There was lot of name-calling 101, and nothing I haven’t heard before. I am a little disappointed in that. If you are going to call me names, come up with something more interesting or new. Give me something to entertain me! (Laughs) It was schoolyard bullying and antics. Just tell me what you want me to hear, because I am receptive. But I have to be honest, and I have to own this. By the end of the night, I had the attitude of “screw this”. I did. I am not going to lie. I apologize for that. But at the end of the night that is where my head was at. But I want to start over. I believe that love is louder and that is where we are moving. There is the impersonality of social media, and that is why I wanted to speak to you about this, and again I think this is important. And I am not judging anybody. I am just saying that we all, including me, really need to be careful. Let’s just have a good time, which is the point of it.

What do you think, in the bigger picture, this all really says about social networking and communication in 2012?
CRYSTAL: I will tell you a story. Last year, I had friend who was having a tough time communicating with her co-workers, as she mainly communicated with them through email. She is a wonderful, funny, smart and kind person, and none of that translated. So what ended up on the other end was a lot of bad feelings. And it made me stop and think that this is such an impersonal way to communicate with people. I do think that Twitter is a little bit better, but if you miss an LOL or “wink”, you’re screwed. (Laughs) I am conscious of that, but I have certainly sent out tweets, where people go, “Oh, my God. She does not like me.” And you can’t read a tone in a tweet, and it made me think it’s so important to pick up the phone and have that one-on-one time and to take the time to cultivate relationships. People feel too comfortable behind the wheel, or in this case, behind the keyboard. It is so easy just to hit “send” or to send something out, because you don’t have to be held accountable. I also think there is no way to fully communicate what is going on via Twitter. It really comes down to how you treat people. And at the end of the day, whether you are standing in front of people or on Twitter, it’s about how you treat people, and unfortunately that is so out of hand.

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/exclusive-crystal-chappell-speaks-out-on-twitter-controversy/2011/06/17/
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

This was a good interview but for some reason I just don`t buy Crystal reasoning :shrug: One one hand,she says I don`t have any bad feelings towards anyone,than she says that it is none else business what she chooses to do. What exactly is she saying or hiding for that matter? I am not saying that she is the bad guy but she is not the victim either.. I may be in the minority but I agree with Kristen but Crystal just sounds like she is excusing something, you either are offensive or not. All of this change of attitude is sudden, first nice, than careless? I am not buying it, it just does`nt sounds reliable.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Quote:

but I really took offense to people going after innocent people.

Then why didn't you call your best bud Nelson and tell him to STFU. Instead you actually fed him on, after he attacked an innocent person in this entire mess.

Quote:

"I didn't come to the defense of my colleague on Twitter, but I actually did.

Uhm...no you didn't...

and KA's comments seem to be directed entirely at NB:

Quote:

I'm so sad that people feel so free to bully. It is a troubling problem in today's society.

Quote:

Always treat others with the love and respect that you would also like to receive."

Good for KA....in other words....if NB was egging this on, CC just should have stopped it not continued the crap...and if they wants to be treated with respect, then it's better that they show some.

In other words...I'm glad she's outta there....

Online Profile Goto Top

oldschoolfan

If she doesn't care what people think of her then why did she do this interview? Obviously she does. I say she's full of shit, but that's just my opinion.
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

Well that cleared up exactly nothing. And I still don't follow CC's reasoning. Picking on her fans (I guess that means Nelson?) is bullying, but picking on KA's fans is not?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

Interesting.

But here's my question: Is it wrong to express disagreement over Crystal's handling of the situation? Is that what she's talking about when she says "bullying?" I mean, I disagreed with Crystal and said so, but I don't THINK I stepped out of line. However, the Crystal fans may feel differently. They may feel that they were bullied because they disagreed with us and defended their favorite.

And wasn't what NELSON did "bullying?" I thought it was. I thought he was using his position to give Kristian a hard time in a bullying way. I notice she didn't say anything about that.

Freedom of the press?

Not sure I agree with her position here, either. I do think internet bullying is bad news, though.
Edited by Kriss4, Jun 17 2011, 10:40 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TVDramaDude

LOL, Crystal needs to shut up. All she's doing is making herself look worse and Kristian comes out looking really classy by comparison.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Crystal needs to quit plying the victim,she comes across as conceited.
Offline Profile Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Someone should send SOD the entire transcript. Not once did I see Crystal Chappell defend Kristian Alfonso. Maybe she was so drunk she can't remember clearly? I get that sounds horrible, but we've all had that with alcohol, seriously. You do and say things you have no memory about. I liked Kristian's comments, Crystal came off as defensive. It was an ugly situation. Sigh. I love them both.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

I'm glad they took the opportunity to address this issue but I doubt that it will change people's beliefs of a beef/drama/etc. between them. Quell, maybe. Change, no. I personally don't think too much of it beyond an entertainment perspective. The BTS stuff is WAY more interesting that anything they have on screen and I'm going to leave it as that just that. CC made a great point though. The focus should be more about saving our soaps than on this. Maybe if they filmed the BTS drama (or at least actors gossiping about the drama) and put this on t.v. the ratings would skyrocket. Just a thought.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Having Nellie Olsen calling KA an anorexic hair model or bitch that can't act was the biggest piece of bullying that I saw in the entire episode - and yet CC was calling for people to show him some love.

All she needed to do was publicly state that she didn't approve or condone Nellie's comments from the get go. She didn't - in fact, her involvement made it the hot mess it turned out to be.

Sorry CC - I've always admired you as an actress, but I lost a lot of respect for you as a person with this entire mess.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Personally, I think Crystal, who has admitted to being seriously suicidal in the past, still has many psychological problems festering inside her that she clearly needs to work on.
Online Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

it's interesting that KA said she liked working w/CC b/c she was a good actress but didn't mention anything else. Personally I think that bullying comment was not only directed at NB but also indirectly at CC. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.
Edited by blueskies, Jun 17 2011, 10:46 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Yeah, see this is what gets me:

"I didn't come to the defense of my colleague on Twitter, but I actually did. It's nobody else's business really how I do something."

I mean, if the entire incident was on Twitter, why not USE TWITTER to distance herself from Nelson's comments and stick up for Kristian? Obviously there is something between them. And "nobody's business" is just ridiculous. If it's nobody's business, why did she send out about 100 tweets and retweets about the whole thing?

I agree with those here who are saying that Kristian comes out looking even better after this little interview and Crystal even worse.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Quote:

The fan base fighting upset her the most. "What disturbed me was that [my fan base] was being blamed for something someone else said," she explains.
ummm... can someone explain to me how fanbase fighting is relevant to this? yes, Bope fans were the ones that started this by calling Nelson out on his stupid comments, but once CC got involved, some of her fans were upset with her & addressed it with her, and also people who weren't part of either "fan base"! and also, when did anyone blame that Bo & Carly fans for any of this?? this was about Crystal saying to send Nelson love after he had made inappropriate and rude comments about Kristian.
Online Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

"I didn't come to the defense of my colleague on Twitter, but I actually did. It's nobody else's business really how I do something."
I see two issues with this line. The first is that as written, it doesn't make any sense, but I'm going to assume what she meant was people thought she didn't defend KA, but she did, somewhere off twitter. That's all well and good, but when someone is making a spectacle in a public forum and you choose to get involved and defend them, you're opening yourself up to judgment from all the witnesses. Keep private business completely private if you don't want anyone to comment on it, but when you choose to defend one person in public and (apparently) defend another in private, don't be surprised or put out when people draw conclusions about what they did see.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lilkatie24

I wonder if SOD has a longer interview because this one really was to short and didn't make much sense.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

also I will say on SOME tweets CC is right. Others were just as vicious towards her & Molly on twitter as were towards KA. However, from what she's said I always end up with the feeling that she feels her fans did no wrong and smell like roses in this situation while the rest come out as "the bad guys". CC needs to admit that this was not a one-sided free-for-all, not to mention the fact that one of her fans WAS the one who started the whole thing.

Anyway, that's all I want to say on the matter. CC certainly is within her rights to say whatever she wants, I just don't agree with her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Ellie
Jun 17 2011, 10:46 AM
Yeah, see this is what gets me:

I mean, if the entire incident was on Twitter, why not USE TWITTER to distance herself from Nelson's comments and stick up for Kristian? Obviously there is something between them. And "nobody's business" is just ridiculous. If it's nobody's business, why did she send out about 100 tweets and retweets about the whole thing?

I agree with those here who are saying that Kristian comes out looking even better after this little interview and Crystal even worse.
Because clearly ... Nelson is the only one pimping the shit out of Venace. The community wouldn't even hear two words about it otherwise. She's done with Days, why would she give a shit about its left behind actors, it's all about her tiny web series at this point. She's got to keep him sweet on her, cause we all know how fast he'll turn on you (coughRon Carlivaticough)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

lilkatie24
Jun 17 2011, 10:53 AM
I wonder if SOD has a longer interview because this one really was to short and didn't make much sense.
Maybe this one CC did with Michael Fairman will "clear things up":

EXCLUSIVE: Crystal Chappell speaks out on Twitter controversy!

Several days ago an all out war of words between rival fan bases erupted on Twitter, after some tweets by TV Guide Canada journalist, Nelson Branco, regarding Days of our Lives star, Kristian Alfonso (Hope). As fans became upset surrounding the comments in the tweets, Crystal Chappell (Carly) entered the fray to try to calm down the explosion that was happening on Twitter. But she was taken to task for what appeared to some that she chose not to defend her castmate, but defended Branco’s honor and right to speak his mind.

Chappell, asked to speak exclusively with On-Air On-Soaps to publicly clear the air on what went down and to address the public attacks on her for just trying to diffuse the situation, and how we all must use social media more wisely and stop attacking one another. And with or without intent, this entire Twitter episode erupted, sad to say, as a form of Cyberbulling…. something no group or individual should have to experience. So, here below is what Crystal wanted to relay to soapers everywhere! It is our hope that this will give everyone some perspective on the subject.

I know you wanted to make a statement about what happened on Twitter. Where do you want to start?
CRYSTAL: First, I don’t agree with what was said, and when you are walking into something blindly, you just want the madness to stop. It would not matter who it was. I would probably find a way to diffuse the situation. I think that is probably what a lot of people were trying to do, but people were angry, and then all of a sudden fists were flying everywhere at everyone. It was a melee and over-the-top. You know I don’t condone hatred of any kind, and I think people have the right to speak their mind. But, I really do think we have to choose our words more carefully. If you want to have a discussion, ask questions. If you just want to hate on somebody, what I have done is I go for the “block”, and then that becomes a weird football game, too. But there should be no reason for it. If you want something from me, tell me. If you want to tell me that you hate me, tell me. Tell me that you hate me and move on. Fans and fellow actors being attacked for no reason based on what somebody else said, was not right. My whole aim with this was to say, “Stop fighting. I don’t know what is going on either. But this is not O.K.!” The intensity of the hatred was astounding. It was not, “I am angry with you or I don’t like you,” it was one of those things where I thought, “Am I going to have to call the F.B.I.?” I think these people want to kill me. They were not threatening bodily harm, but it was a violent attack of words. And, I don’t understand that coming from anybody. I don’t understand that with members of the press. I don’t condone that!

Let’s clear the air also, about your feelings on Kristian Alfonso and how this negative turn with this whole Twitter debacle affected you, your castmates and other fans.
CRYSTAL: I never said an unkind word about Kristian Alfonso and I do not have bad feelings about her. I brushed by her today at work and we said, “Hello. How are you?” There is no problem between her and me. And this is what is so sadly wrong about all of this. I just wanted to make a point of let’s not hurt each other. But, the intensity of this hatred said something to me. So I thought, “I will take it” because I am used to it after over 20 years in this business. But to do this to others fans, and to have four people tweeting me going, “Why are they being so mean to me? They don’t even know me.” And these are DAYS fans! These are people that are supporting the show! I thought, “Dear God. This is so sad and unnecessary.” You really don’t know what anyone knows, or don’t know. There is just this rage. I don’t blame people for being upset about what was said about Kristian. I was upset when I read it the next day and I did something about it. My people made a phone call to Kristian. I have to ask people; what would you do if you were walking down the street and you saw two people fighting? Would you just walk by? Would you stand there and cheer them on? Would you say, “Before I try to help you, I am gonna ask which one of you threw the first stone?” Or, would you just try to break the fight up? Now, I go for break the fight up and then figure out what is going on. But to sit there and judge anything and anyone for what I think was a sane decision, and to spin that to be something else is a little maddening, and unacceptable. I spoke with Molly Burnett (Melanie, DAYS) today and thanked her for being a decent person. She was just trying to diffuse the situation. She should not be hated because of that. But this is about polarizing and winning something. What are you going to win? I am not even on DAYS anymore. Where is the win here? You get to be the bigger hater? I just don’t get it and I don’t want that for the fans. Like I said, I understand their rage completely. But I don’t understand the win. You don’t have all the facts and you are attacking people who are absolutely innocent based on what one person said. I don’t get it.

Had you known the whole back-story about what was unfolding on twitter, and what had preceded you coming in to it, would you perhaps not chosen to post your original tweet, but something else?
CRYSTAL: What I would have done would have been to go in to Twitter and say something different, which would have been, “Stop the hate! I don’t care which camp it is coming from… stop!“ We all have the right to speak our minds. I think back to what happened last week with Tracy Morgan. But, there are boundaries and lines, and things you need to be aware of that effect people. That is true for everyone: press, an actor, or a fan. The only reason I bring this whole issue up is for a couple of reasons. One is to be respectful of each other as human beings, and we deserve to go to bed knowing not that we won a hate war, but we have calmly and civilly spoken to each other respectfully. And, I am not pointing the finger at any one fan base. I am saying that for everybody. Also, that if we don’t pull together as fans of daytime television, you are going to see it go away. This is the last thing, trust me. I am on the inside of this, and the last thing daytime TV needs is fractured fan bases. It is totally unacceptable what is going on. There is too much going on out there in the world right now. We don’t need to be going off on each other. Just say what you have to say, but be willing to listen to somebody. Have a dialog. That is what I wanted to have, a dialog.

In a perfect world, how would you have preferred people to let you know their feelings about you in this scenario?
CRYSTAL: In a perfect world, tell me you are pissed off about what Nelson said. Tell me you are pissed off at me, because I defended him. Let me have an opportunity – and as I said- I don’t condone hatred. But nobody said, “Crystal, do you agree that Nelson said that Kristian got you fired?” And I would have said, “No, I don’t agree with that.” There was no dialog. There was lot of name-calling 101, and nothing I haven’t heard before. I am a little disappointed in that. If you are going to call me names, come up with something more interesting or new. Give me something to entertain me! (Laughs) It was schoolyard bullying and antics. Just tell me what you want me to hear, because I am receptive. But I have to be honest, and I have to own this. By the end of the night, I had the attitude of “screw this”. I did. I am not going to lie. I apologize for that. But at the end of the night that is where my head was at. But I want to start over. I believe that love is louder and that is where we are moving. There is the impersonality of social media, and that is why I wanted to speak to you about this, and again I think this is important. And I am not judging anybody. I am just saying that we all, including me, really need to be careful. Let’s just have a good time, which is the point of it.

What do you think, in the bigger picture, this all really says about social networking and communication in 2012?
CRYSTAL: I will tell you a story. Last year, I had friend who was having a tough time communicating with her co-workers, as she mainly communicated with them through email. She is a wonderful, funny, smart and kind person, and none of that translated. So what ended up on the other end was a lot of bad feelings. And it made me stop and think that this is such an impersonal way to communicate with people. I do think that Twitter is a little bit better, but if you miss an LOL or “wink”, you’re screwed. (Laughs) I am conscious of that, but I have certainly sent out tweets, where people go, “Oh, my God. She does not like me.” And you can’t read a tone in a tweet, and it made me think it’s so important to pick up the phone and have that one-on-one time and to take the time to cultivate relationships. People feel too comfortable behind the wheel, or in this case, behind the keyboard. It is so easy just to hit “send” or to send something out, because you don’t have to be held accountable. I also think there is no way to fully communicate what is going on via Twitter. It really comes down to how you treat people. And at the end of the day, whether you are standing in front of people or on Twitter, it’s about how you treat people, and unfortunately that is so out of hand.

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/exclusive-crystal-chappell-speaks-out-on-twitter-controversy/2011/06/17/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic