Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion 6/20-6/24; Whether 'live post' or DVR - post any and all thoughts and questions about the show!
Topic Started: Jun 17 2011, 09:55 PM (11,436 Views)
Abbismom
Member Avatar

Best part about today? Obviously Brady's attire, the Victor-Nicole banter, and Nicole's one-liners throughout her arrest. I'm looking forward to seeing her put Taylor in her place while they both await Bo's laying down of the law :P
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jun 24 2011, 12:38 PM
Taylor.

And he had a fling with Kate. And Arianna seemed to have more than a passing interest in him but it never went anywhere.
lol, only reason that Arianna/EJ didn't happen was b/c before Ari could give EJ the proof that would have (perhaps) solidified their relationship as something more than friendship, she was pancaked.

That's what gets me. Unlike Taylor who really doesn't know who EJ is, Arianna accepted him for who and what he was. There could have been something good there. I'm convinced that's why Higley squashed it. "Can't have a good storyline, no-sir-ee."

Abbismom
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jun 24 2011, 05:42 PM
SocRMum1
Jun 24 2011, 12:38 PM
Taylor.

And he had a fling with Kate. And Arianna seemed to have more than a passing interest in him but it never went anywhere.
lol, only reason that Arianna/EJ didn't happen was b/c before Ari could give EJ the proof that would have (perhaps) solidified their relationship as something more than friendship, she was pancaked.

That's what gets me. Unlike Taylor who really doesn't know who EJ is, Arianna accepted him for who and what he was. There could have been something good there. I'm convinced that's why Higley squashed it. "Can't have a good storyline, no-sir-ee."
I really liked the chemistry that was growing between Arianna and EJ. It could have developed, not only a very cool couple, but also a lot of animosity in the Dimera-Kiriakis feud with Brady's growing jealousy. But, the powers-that-be decided to kill her off instead...bummer. :shame:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Yes Taylor. Your mother's death is just some horrible twist of fate with no reason behind it. Like every other story penned by Dena Higley. God Taylor is so pathetic. Nicole says the DiMeras are bad. Sami says horrible secrets go on in that house. Why is it your fault EJ? What is going on EJ? EJ? EJ? EJ? Whine whine whine. It's too bad Fafe didn't push your bony butt down the stairs instead of Moms.

How does the show even have a towel so big that covers that much of Eric Martsolf's torso? Did he get some pec tattoos that the show's trying to hide without makeup or something? It's not just that I'm annoyed that Brady chest hotness is being covered up. I am genuinely baffled at how much of his sturdy, broad, glistening, lucious, mantorso can be hidden by one teal piece of fabric.

And Jesus. For what a big, dangerous secret that Brady beat up EJ is supposed to be... It sure is like a fucking game of telephone at this point. Why don't Melanie and Jennifer just fly a banner over Salem that says that Brady beat up EJ and save everyone the trouble?

DIAF Detective McCarthy. I hope Dena's daughter isn't walking away from this show with an undeserved SAG card out of her reign of terror.

Fuck you, Bo, being such a douche to Nicole just so you can plot how to cover for Brady's violent ass.

james0479
Member Avatar

Ugh....knowing "detective" McCarthy is on today's show makes me want to vomit. I'll need to get high as hell and drink two pints of vodka to remotely enjoy that bullshit. I hope she got the same pink slip Dena did. Yesterdays show was good, IMO.....so, of course we get bullshit today. I'll fast forward it later. :)

lysie
Member Avatar

snowball
Jun 24 2011, 01:09 PM
Keith
Jun 24 2011, 01:05 PM
Bo (on what he's charging Nicole with): Oh, I'm sure you've done something, and I've got 72 hours to figure it out.

Grrrr....that just bugs me. And he's supposed to be the good guy? Yeah, right.
I didn't see how it played out, but isn't that fairly typical? It's certainly not new for Days. The last time Stefano was arrested, that's why he got out. They didn't have hard evidence, but they had enough to hold him for 72 hours. When the 72 hours were up, he was going to be released which is why Marlena put him in the coma. The Salem PD's part in that didn't seem dirty at all. They just looked dumb for not having the obvious evidence.

SaveDaysNow

james0479
Jun 24 2011, 06:46 PM
Ugh....knowing "detective" McCarthy is on today's show makes me want to vomit. I'll need to get high as hell and drink two pints of vodka to remotely enjoy that bullshit. I hope she got the same pink slip Dena did. Yesterdays show was good, IMO.....so, of course we get bullshit today. I'll fast forward it later. :)
Dena's daughter "Detective McCarthy" has the same acting ability as her mother's writing ability ---NONE.
She was god awful today. Worst excuse for nepotism on any show EVER. Horribile "actress" who makes Tori Spelling (the original beneficiary of familial casting) look like Meryl Streep.

slightlyamused

*Feebly steps forward*
I'm prepared for the tomatoes to be thrown at me:

BRING ON BRELANIE!!! The two characters deserve each other!!!
*puts on armor*
:P

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

SaveDaysNow
Jun 25 2011, 12:09 AM
Horribile "actress" who makes Tori Spelling (the original beneficiary of familial casting) look like Meryl Streep.
And on a related note, the current "Days" makes Tori's epic Lifetime masterpiece, "Co-Ed Call Girl," seem plausible, well-plotted, well-cast and beautifully produced.

Alin89
Member Avatar

like freddie smith. liked the nicole and maggie scenes
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

With the positive reviews for Sonny, I decided to check out his scenes, and I agree, I think he's a good addition. The actor is appealing and already seems to have nice friendly chem with KM and family chem with Wally and Judi.

I was surprised that the pub nonsense with Gabby and Will played out better than I expected. It'll be interesting (well, sort of) to see if Will keeps coming up with plausible ("not in front of people") excuses for being physical with her. I really hope they take this slow. I'm already in the camp that thinks Will was never established as being definitely heterosexual so him discovering an interest in another young man seems totally believable to me; I just don't want them to skip the angsty beats.

I tried to watch Wednesday's show but only ended up watching Nicole and EJ's scenes, since the rest of the show went like this: "Melanie . . . FF . . . Taylor . . . FF . . . Rafe or Fafe, don't care . . . FF . . . Daniel . . . FF."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply