Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion 6/20-6/24; Whether 'live post' or DVR - post any and all thoughts and questions about the show!
Topic Started: Jun 17 2011, 09:55 PM (11,440 Views)
Abbismom
Member Avatar

I'm really liking the conversation between Nicole and Maggie. Although Nicole's character pisses me off royally at times, Arianne is a very good actress and, when playing off another good actress like Suzanne Rogers, even a mellow scene like the one they're having now can be pretty powerful, in my opinion.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I believe I heard like 15 minutes of the dialogue,that`s how bad this show has become.

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

I liked the Maggie and Nicole scenes today it was nice to see two characters that have never really have a sit down together just talk about their problems. I hope that we get to see more like that with other unlikely characters sharing scenes together.

I am so sick of looking at that dumb look on Robo Rafe's face all of the time. The Vivian and Quinn scenes today to me were very deliciously evil. It would be interesting to see before they leave the show what these two can cook up together. I hope they use Vivian more before she leaves and maybe have her and her son reek some havoc in Salem. Who knew that Viv would meet her match and it turns out to be son. I am really looking forward to seeing Kate's reaction to the connection between Vivian and Quinn if they decide to go that route.

Did Rafe really think that flirting with Kate was really going to work I mean come on he worked for FBI and that is all he could come up with?

I am really wondering if Quinn is really starting to like Chloe he is always defending her. Like what he said to Kate today about hookers raising kids a clear shot at Mrs. Dimera.

It was really good to see some vintage Bo and Hope working together as a team today over all I give the show a B+
Edited by Virgo Twins, Jun 20 2011, 02:00 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Virgo Twins
Jun 20 2011, 01:58 PM
I liked the Maggie and Nicole scenes today it was nice to see two characters that have never really have a sit down together just talk about their problems. I hope that we get to see more like that with other unlikely characters sharing scenes together.
One of the few good things Higley does for this show is bringing characters you never really see interacting together.

Keith
Member Avatar

Maggie and Nicole were great today. Never would have thought these two would ever have a common bond.

jam6242
Member Avatar

I enjoyed the Maggie/Nicole scenes too. I just wish Maggie would have told Nicole about the time she tried to run away with Janice Barnes (the first girl she & Mickey tried to adopt) when Janice's mother came back to Salem to reclaim her. The thought of losing Janice was the main reason Maggie started drinking. Maggie could have shown Nicole some real empathy & maybe given her encouragement that she could move on with her life without Sydney. But I suppose there aren't many of us around to remember that time, so it's never mentioned.

ges
Member Avatar

Maggie is a peacemaker and she tries to see the good in everybody because she is always mindful of all the shit that they have been through. Even though she can be a busybody. Adrienne, it seems to me is being groomed to be another busybody, but without skills. I don't know why I can't stand her. Probably because I hated her guts when they cast her as Mimi's mother, stealer of husbands, dressed like a cowgirl and advising her daughter to have an abortion for no damn reason. asshole.

Keith
Member Avatar

jam6242
Jun 20 2011, 07:05 PM
I enjoyed the Maggie/Nicole scenes too. I just wish Maggie would have told Nicole about the time she tried to run away with Janice Barnes (the first girl she & Mickey tried to adopt) when Janice's mother came back to Salem to reclaim her. The thought of losing Janice was the main reason Maggie started drinking. Maggie could have shown Nicole some real empathy & maybe given her encouragement that she could move on with her life without Sydney. But I suppose there aren't many of us around to remember that time, so it's never mentioned.
I was itching for a Janice mention. It would have been perfect. Nicole was drinking, mentioned adoption (indicating Melissa for Maggie, Sydney for herself), and Maggie could have admitted to having been in a similar position to Nicole. Imagine her reaction :lol:

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

I am twin to the Virgo Twin who left the comments earlier, good comments might I add. I am kind of late to the party I am just getting off work.

But I found the closeness between Vivian/Gus a bit disturbing for a minute there I swear I thought they were going to kiss.

How dumb is Rafe he should have known that flirting with Kate shit was going to arise some suspicion from her if she tells Stefano, which she probably will he is going to know just what in the HELL he was doing creeping outside his mansion in the middle of the night. STUPID!!!!!!!
Edited by Virgo Twins, Jun 20 2011, 07:43 PM.

ges
Member Avatar

omg, I could not take my eyes off of Vivian's ears. They are so ginormous that you could easily fit a box of animal crackers in each one. Why would you wear your hair so short if you had ears like that? Christ on a crutch.

I am forced to admit, after all these years that AZ is a great actress. What ever they give her, and it has been shitty writing thus far, she makes it work. I can't believe I am now a fan.

That is the second time Sammi has worn that sweater. I covet it. Everybody is looking good as far as wardrobe and makeup except Taylor. Her outfit only emphasizes her sunken frame, Melanie should tackle her and do an emergency gastrostomy.

I can't look at Vivian anymore without envisioning matchbox trucks in her ears. When she dies they are going to need a separate coffin for her ears. :sheep:

Alligato
Member Avatar

jam6242
Oh, I would have loved this...way before my time, but it would have been an awesome history mention and a nod to the vet viewers, and a perfect blend of character interaction.

Once again I realize that AZ is the reason I still watch this show. Nicole/Maggie was just awesome. I love the way AZ makes me feel for Nicole!

And as much as I loved Bope getting involved, I am tired of this stupid ass Rafe/Fafe crap that they are doing. Truth serum, pushing Sami down the stairs, Taylor's big hypocritical mouth, etc. It's gotten really dumb. I don't get what they are doing...trying to get him to confess? Didn't he already do that? Nevermind.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

So good to see Justin back on-screen. Need more of him. I get feeling the poor guy is about to get sucked in this chloe mess more than he already is. I can already see the disaster in the making. But hoping once his son comes to town most of his time will be with him.

The Nicole/Maggie scenes were very good.

The rest of the show was so stupid. The Rafe/rafe2 is such shit. What a hot and pathetic mess. Glad my favorite is not in that nightmare.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I can't wait to see Kate find out Quinn is Vivian's son.

Marlene

Virgo Twins
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8562895&t=8531665

I am so sick of looking at that dumb look on Robo Rafe's face all of the time. The Vivian and Quinn scenes today to me were very deliciously evil. It would be interesting to see before they leave the show what these two can cook up together. I hope they use Vivian more before she leaves and maybe have her and her son reek some havoc in Salem. Who knew that Viv would meet her match and it turns out to be son. I am really looking forward to seeing Kate's reaction to the connection between Vivian and Quinn if they decide to go that route.

Did Rafe really think that flirting with Kate was really going to work I mean come on he worked for FBI and that is all he could come up with?

I am really wondering if Quinn is really starting to like Chloe he is always defending her. Like what he said to Kate today about hookers raising kids a clear shot at Mrs. Dimera.

It was really good to see some vintage Bo and Hope working together as a team today over all I give the show a B+

Regarding the bolded area. If Rafe is supposed to be pretending to be Rafe2, then trying to flirt with Kate was totally in character, FBI background or not.

Beth
Member Avatar

Chloe/Justin/Quin/Vivian/Kate is turning out to be a pretty good story. I'll be interested in how they wrap it all up before 4 of these folks are gone.

Sami/Rafe/Rafe2/Bo/Hope is boring. I can't stand Taylor and she was on my screen most of the show yelling at someone. Someone should have pushed her down the stairs.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Vivian/Quinn has potential...but it just doesn't play with with history properly.

LS and BF do have some chemistry

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jun 21 2011, 12:03 PM
Vivian/Quinn has potential...but it just doesn't play with with history properly.

LS and BF do have some chemistry
And it could if they would just take the time to make it make sense. But no, they just throw in a scene where she mentions she has a son, he's jealous of her motherly instincts towards Lawrence and Nicholas and then it's onto the next phase. How old is Quinn supposed to be? Is he older than Nicholas? Older than Lawrence? It makes no sense! And when did Vivian spend all of this time in Australia?

Keith
Member Avatar

When Vivian first appeared in '92 it was mentioned that she had had many illicit affairs with many wealthy men in Europe, so the possibility of her having a son is there. I do think its weird that he seems younger than Lawrence, though. And the only way it would make sense is if the daddy disappeared and shut her out of his life (and his son's) and that made her become drawn to Lawrence/Nicholas when she lost him.

Aya
Member Avatar

Now that Gabi is out of the hospital EJ can finally get some proper care :D
preferably not from Taniel and Melanie :hmmph:

Edit: whoa... Lexi is an ex-cop?
Edited by Aya, Jun 21 2011, 12:43 PM.

Abbismom
Member Avatar

Alligato
Jun 20 2011, 09:21 PM
jam6242
Oh, I would have loved this...way before my time, but it would have been an awesome history mention and a nod to the vet viewers, and a perfect blend of character interaction.

Once again I realize that AZ is the reason I still watch this show. Nicole/Maggie was just awesome. I love the way AZ makes me feel for Nicole!

And as much as I loved Bope getting involved, I am tired of this stupid ass Rafe/Fafe crap that they are doing. Truth serum, pushing Sami down the stairs, Taylor's big hypocritical mouth, etc. It's gotten really dumb. I don't get what they are doing...trying to get him to confess? Didn't he already do that? Nevermind.
I am more impressed with AZ's portrayal of Nicole every day. She really brought a lot of emotion and hurt to the dialogue between her and Taylor talking about Fafe killing their mom. I agree that she makes me feel sorry for a character that I really couldn't stand at one time, and she's brought a lot of depth to Nicole. Let's just hope she doesn't do anything with that pillow!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply