Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'True Blood' actors among possible replacement for SVU's Meloni
Topic Started: Jun 21 2011, 04:24 AM (408 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

It's the final four -- "Law & Order" edition.

"Law & Order: SVU" fans were shocked when it was announced Chris Meloni, who plays the fan favorite Detective Elliot Stabler -- would be exiting the show after 12 seasons. TVLine is reporting that Dick Wolf and NBC have narrowed their search for a replacement down to four actors. The common factor? They're all younger than Meloni.

The contenders are "Cold Case's" Danny Pino, "True Blood" and "Southland's" Kevin Alejandro, "True Blood" and "Terriers"' Michael Raymond-James amd "Ghost Whisperer's" David Conrad

The four actors are reportedly flying to New Yotk tomorrow where they will test opposite Mariska Hargitay.

Who we're betting on? The extremely talented and underrated Michael Raymond-James. What about you, Zappers? Who do you think should replace Meloni?

Zap2It
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

I don't mind the first 2 and last one.. 3rd one meh.

I had a crush on Kevin when he was on Ugly Betty.

Thanks Ricky!

Alin89
Member Avatar

i wouldnt mind kevin

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

David Conrad would be a good fit.

I wonder how the search for Mariska's "semi-replacement" is going....

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Dusty
Jun 22 2011, 01:50 AM

I thougt it was confirmed that she and NBC came to a deal and whe would appear in all 22 episodes?

six
Member Avatar

I think it's time to cancel the show. The stories have become convoluted and nonsensical just for the sake of throwing in a twist.

Since that won't happen though, Danny Pino would be a nice addition.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

Rick
Jun 22 2011, 03:21 AM
Dusty

I thougt it was confirmed that she and NBC came to a deal and whe would appear in all 22 episodes?
It did...Mariska will be in all 22 next season, from what I heard.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i seriouslly wish that chris could have came for a final season.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

I will never understand why NBC keeps shows on the air until the last possible season. They did it with the original Law & Order. They did it with E.R. And now, they're doing with SVU.

I think Meloni had enough sense to know the show had run its course. I won't be surprised if this is the final season.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/law-order-svu-kelli-giddish-205919

Pino, who starred in "Cold Case," will essentially replace Christopher Meloni.

Danny Pino and Kelli Giddish will join Law & Order: Special Victims Unit next season, NBC announced Monday. Both will play detectives.
our editor recommends
Mariska Hargitay on Christopher Meloni Exit: 'I Will Miss Him Terribly'
Chris Meloni Exiting 'Law & Order: Special Victims Unit'

Pino, who starred in CBS' Cold Case, will essentially replace Christopher Meloni, who turned down an $8 million annual payday to stay with the show, say sources. Giddish recently starred in NBC’s Jerry Bruckheimer drama Chase, which was not picked up for a second season.

STORY: Chris Meloni Exiting 'Law & Order: Special Victims Unit'

"Kelli and Danny are two great actors who will join a proven cast headed by Mariska Hargitay as this exceptional series heads into a very promising 13th season," NBC Entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt said in a statement.

With Law & Order: Los Angeles getting the axe, SVU will be the sole Law & Order franchise on NBC next season.

“I’m very pleased that we have two amazing actors joining the cast," added executive producer/creator Dick Wolf. "I know this combination will give us the opportunity to explore the world of SVU with new eyes.”

With Hargitay requesting that her workload be scaled back next season, producers had been casting about for a replacement and were in discussions with several actresses -- including Jennifer Love Hewitt. SVU will also get a new showrunner with Warren Leight (Lights Out, In Treatment) replacing longtime executive producer Neal Baer, who left the show for an overall deal at CBS.

Earlier this year, Hargitay and her husband Peter Hermann adopted a baby girl.

For his part, Meloni is in final negotiations for a part in Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i wish kevin would have won the role oh well danny is hot too

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

Rick
Jun 22 2011, 03:21 AM
Dusty

I really don't think that happened. All the news releases I read, before the Pino/Giddish announcement said they were still looking for an actress to take the reins from Marishka once her character Olivia was promoted, and essentially (sort of)- phased out.

And now, with the announcement of Giddish's casting, all the news releases are saying that she will eventually take over for Marishka.

I'm sure MH will still be an integral part of the cast this season, but I think they're still going ahead with plans to NOT include her in all episodes. And I'm sure MH will probably announce her departure from the show before, or shortly after, this season is done airing.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply