Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide: Sydney Penny, Cody Longo join for Carly rehab story
Topic Started: Jun 23 2011, 09:12 AM (4,592 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Sydney-Penny-Days-Lives-1034503.aspx

The doctor is in! Daytime fan fave Sydney Penny so triumphant as the tragic heroine Julia Santos on All My Children is joining NBC's Days of Our Lives for a seven-episode stint. A network rep tells TV Guide Magazine that Penny will play Dr. Norman at the rehab center treating drug addict Carly Manning (Crystal Chappell).

And there's more cool casting news here. Carly's son, Nicholas Alamain, will return to the show as part of Carly's rehab story and this time the role will be played by former Make It or Break It heartthrob Cody Longo. After mother and son are reunited and Carly seems to be on the mend, look for Chappell who has been fired along with several other Days stars to be ushered off the series.

Penny, who will start airing on Days August 30, was Emmy-nominated for her roles on AMC and Santa Barbara and also had suds runs on The Bold and the Beautiful, Sunset Beach and Beverly Hills, 90210. The actress is still fondly remembered by romance nuts as the young Meggie in the classic ABC mini-series The Thorn Birds.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

btw, I guess this explains the mysterious "Cody" in the tweet, who we thought was a dog/baby, :lol:

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Sounds good to me!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

NICE! I'm sooooo happy they are including Nicholas. It sucks they never brought him back until now :(

And what a hot little actor they got! I was JUST posting how bummed I was about not including Nicholas. I'm glad Carly is exiting mending fences with her son and going to rehab.

And I'm glad he seems to be near the age he should be. I loved Victor Webster, but SERIOUSLY? lol
Edited by KMan101, Jun 23 2011, 09:15 AM.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

These sound pretty interesting, finally something to look forward to.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

KMan101
Jun 23 2011, 09:14 AM
NICE! I'm sooooo happy they are including Nicholas. It sucks they never brought him back until now :(

And what a hot little actor they got! I was JUST posting how bummed I was about not including Nicholas. I'm glad Carly is exiting mending fences with her son and going to rehab.

And I'm glad he seems to be near the age he should be. I loved Victor Webster, but SERIOUSLY? lol
Yes, I'm happy she seems to be getting a happy ending. It's just too bad that couldn't have included Daniel and Melanie. ;)
Edited by Bright Eyes, Jun 23 2011, 09:16 AM.

Mason

Bright Eyes
Jun 23 2011, 09:16 AM
Yes, I'm happy she seems to be getting a happy ending. It's just too bad that couldn't have included Daniel and Melanie. ;)
By definition, an ending with Daniel and Melanie couldn't have been a happy one -- at least not for her.
Edited by Mason, Jun 23 2011, 09:19 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Well okay....can September get here already...I would have loved Nicholas back a few months ago, not now....move along....

jam6242
Member Avatar

More filler and new faces I don't care about. Also, Kate's affair with Nicholas now seems icky with this baby-faced actor playing him. He looks younger than Melanie. I can't wait for September!
Edited by jam6242, Jun 23 2011, 09:24 AM.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

At least Carly should get a good ending. I was really hoping this was going to be about the vets though, lol.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

This sounds great. I am sure Higley isn't writing this so I am excited.

Vicky4Mimi

OHH so this is the new female character I heard was coming on board! I googled her, she's pretty and from Nashville--they should keep her around! They might need another doctor in town!

lysie
Member Avatar

Casey
Jun 23 2011, 09:25 AM
At least Carly should get a good ending. I was really hoping this was going to be about the vets though, lol.
I have a feeling we're not going to hear anything about them until after the next dark week. They'll probably stat filming returns after that.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

lysie
Jun 23 2011, 09:33 AM
Casey
I have a feeling we're not going to hear anything about them until after the next dark week. They'll probably stat filming returns after that.
are they dark for one or two weeks?

Jarlena4Eva
Member Avatar
Drake's Back!!

Vicky4Mimi
Jun 23 2011, 09:27 AM
OHH so this is the new female character I heard was coming on board! I googled her, she's pretty and from Nashville--they should keep her around! They might need another doctor in town!
We've got a doctor coming back...just not that kind. lol ;)

itsalovestory84

Thank God! I was worried about my Carly. Sounds like some good, meaty material for Crystal to play. :)

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

KMan101
Jun 23 2011, 09:14 AM

Hell, he's actually too young, although even in the Erik von Detten years, it was hard to buy Carly as a mother of a son that old.

six
Member Avatar

Thanks. I'm glad she seems to be getting a semi happy ending.

The new Nicholas looks a tad too young, but since it's a short role, I won't complain.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 23 2011, 09:33 AM
Casey
We sure they're not already? Matt Ashford, for instance, claimed was that he was going to start filming near the end of May and if Drake and Deidre are around for the summer... if they started filming in a week or two, they would be too late for summer - although Louise Sorel could've just been talking about their filming time period, not their airing.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

So it looks like Carly will get a pretty decent exit out of Salem.That's great. I was fearing the worst for a minute.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply