Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Interview with Crystal Chappell on her exit; July 5th issue
Topic Started: Jun 23 2011, 10:12 AM (10,953 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

"I had a really fun time," says Chappell about her nearly two-year stint in Salem. "I made a lot of good friends and really enjoyed the story going out. I can't really complain."

Chappell admits she wasn't blindsided by the news of her ouster. "I felt this coming since last summer," she reveals. "I won't get into the details, but there's all this stuff brewing and I felt it. I'm surprised I made it this long, I'll be honest with you. But again, all in all, it was a really fun experience."

She does cop to being disappointed, however. "Of course," she says. "I really enjoy going into that studio every day. The crew is amazing and I've made some really cool friends, people who I'll take with me and hang out and work with again in different ways. It's disappointing that I won't see them every day, but things are very different now than they used to be and decisions have to be made and we have to do our best to keep these shows on the air."

After news of her impending exit was announced, controversy arose online between posters who pitted her against longtime Days star Kristian Alfonso. A fanbase war between supporters of the actresses ensued. Chappell was disheartened. "I have no bad feelings toward Kristian or anybody," declares Chappell. "I don't blame the fans at all for being upset. I was very upset when I saw [the fighting] too. If I'm wiling to accept moving on, the fans completely support me 100 percent. I'm happy to move on and am grateful for my experiences. These are changing times and what Days has to do, Days has to do. It's Mr. Corday's show and I respect his decision."

Chappell says she was unaware at first that the fans were even engaging each other. "My thing is this: There's a horrible assumption being made that I even knew what was being said," she explains. "I walked into a fight and I was trying to break it up and so was Molly. It wasn't about condoning anything that was being said. I spoke with Molly today and said, 'I'm so sorry that happened, and she said, 'You didn't say anything. You didn't write this. Nobody has these feelings. It came out of some other place.'"

Chappell was particularly troubled that her fans were upset. "What disturbed me was that they were getting their feelings hurt," she nods. "I love them. I'm very proud of them for being the people they are and they're very loyal and kindhearted. This is a very interesting point about social media and our responsibility in it. It's very, very easy to hide behind your computer and hit Send. I had people coming at me and coming at Molly and going after these fans and saying things that are beneath the human soul. I didn't like what I heard and I lost my cool. I don't care what people think of me, quite frankly, because I know my truth, but I really took offense to people going after innocent people. I don't condone hate; it's pointless to fight. I don't see the reason for it, especially in light of the fact that these shows are in terrible jeopardy and the more we fracture the overall fan base, the more unstable the show becomes. So it's really important that all fanbases stick together."

Regarding her Days exit story: "They've done a lovely job, they really have... The way the new writers have chosen to tie it up is really nice."

The article goes on to discuss Venice and the Grove. Crystal's "memoirs" that she's writing are also mentioned. Here is a summary of that part: She explains that the book will focus on "me in the business and how I've conducted myself"... "There are some fascinating stories. People wouldn't believe all of it. My interest isn't in making it a trashy book. I want to keep it classy and filled with integrity, but I want to keep it honest."

As for whether she is retiring from acting: "If something amazing came along, I'd be open to it." She continues that she doesn't mind spending her time behind the camera and spending time with her children. "I've had children for 11 years. I've really not spent a lot of time at home with them and that's really important to me. At the same time, if somebody called me with this fantastic role, I would find a way to make it work. I'm not saying I'm done."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

That was a better interview with her. I'm glad the new writers have written her exit and not Higley. Carly would probably die of an overdose or be carted away never to be heard from. Or one day seen snorting a pill and then disappears with a brief mention a few weeks later that she's gone.

Dolly

Crystal will be missed.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

ITA that this was better. I'm not going to touch on the fanbase thing because really, it is what it is. I'm glad she's not completely writing off returning to being in front of the camera but it has to be fab. She's got Venice and now The Grove going on and she's seems to want to focus most of her work on that but never wants to completely close the door on good opportunities. I wish her the best.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Why am i not surprised that she's mentioned to once again make this all about how the fans were attacking her fans & that she tried to stop it. and what does this have to do with her leaving? i swear more of the interview is spent talking about the Nelson twitter stuff (that she still can't get the story straight about) than actually talking about her exit. She really needs to stop talking about the whole Nelson thing, cause the more talks & keeps bringing it up, and the more she keeps making it seem like something completely different than what it was, the more it makes it look like she's trying to paint all the other fans as the devil while her fans are so perfect they could do nothing wrong. The most annoying part of this interview to me was that she said that she didn't know the fans were engaging each other & that she & Molly stepped in to stop things - 1. the fans were engaging Nelson, not Bope fans vs Carbo fans & 2. she made things worse only after tweeting Nelson and being tweeted asking if she knew what he had been saying about Kristian. I could go on about other stuff that annoys me pertaining to this 70% of the article, but i'm gonna focus on the part where she's leaving, cause i don't think anyone really wants to go one more round of "Crystal stop lying & stop talking about this while trying to make yourself look better, cause it's not working with the GA that know exactly what went down that night"!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I lost a lot of respect for CC when that twitter crap with Nelson happened. Unfortunately nothing she's said since has made me think differently and that is a shame. She is a very good actress, but I think she goofed when she stood up for Nelson when she didn't have to.

jam6242
Member Avatar

At this point, I'll be thrilled when she's gone. And I liked Carly 1.0.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Despite the controversy with the Tweets, she still managed to do a decent interview.

itsalovestory84

Can you summarize the Venice/The Grove tidbits please?

Overall, good article and I will surely miss seeing Carly on my screen. :(

Kriss4

It's interesting.

Crystal's watchword in her tweets always seems to be "onward" but SHE'S the one who starts up the conversation again. She wants us all to see it a certain way. HER fans got their feelings hurt? It was about a "fanbase war?"

It was about inappropriate comments Nelson Branco made that she seemed to support. It was about fans disagreeing with her handling of the situation and saying so.

lysie
Member Avatar

I hate that she gets to give her perspective about what happened in a magazine interview and the other side doesn't get to give a rebuttal (Aka the truth).

lilkatie24

She didn't bring up the twitter mess, she was asked in an interview about it what can she say "no comment" come on she has to say something.

as for her defending her fans, of course she's going to do that, there her bread and butter any actor would do the same you care about your fans first other fans later.
Edited by lilkatie24, Jun 23 2011, 10:50 AM.

Ellie

itsalovestory84
Jun 23 2011, 10:29 AM
Can you summarize the Venice/The Grove tidbits please?
- Venice starts season 3 production in October.

- She talks about the Grove, she's writing it with Michael, she describes it a bit - it's about family and class struggles, it takes place in a small town. She's talking to Zimmer and Laura Wright "but nothing's confirmed yet".

Kriss4

lilkatie24
Jun 23 2011, 10:49 AM
She didn't bring up the twitter mess, she was asked in an interview about it what can she say "no comment" come on she has to say something.
She says quite a lot, and never really talks about the comments SHE made that kept things going, even now.

HER responses were what made the situation go on longer than it ever needed to that night. She tries to make it about a fanbase war and while I'm sure there were comments on BOTH sides that probably weren't cool, NELSON'S comments and HER response to them is what created the problem.

I'm sorry, but her defense of his right to freedom of speech while he was calling Kristian an anorexic bitch and an anorexic hair model...her "I know shit you guys don't know"...."Wait to read the book" stuff...Was that gonna help?

She never mentions any of THAT stuff in subsequent interviews. Makes it seem like she didn't have anything to do with anything and her fans were victims of a "vile" fanbase.

HER comments escalated the whole situation created by Nelson.

Ellie

Kriss4
Jun 23 2011, 10:56 AM
lilkatie24
Jun 23 2011, 10:49 AM
She says quite a lot, and never really talks about the comments SHE made that kept things going, even now.

HER responses were what made the situation go on longer than it ever needed to that night. She tries to make it about a fanbase war and while I'm sure there were comments on BOTH sides that probably weren't cool, NELSON'S comments and HER response to them is what created the problem.

I'm sorry, but her defense of his right to freedom of speech while he was calling Kristian an anorexic bitch and an anorexic hair model...her "I know shit you guys don't know"...."Wait to read the book" stuff...Was that gonna help?

She never mentions any of THAT stuff in subsequent interviews. Makes it seem like she didn't have anything to do with anything and her fans were victims of a "vile" fanbase.

HER comments escalated the whole situation created by Nelson.
LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE

Seriously!! How can she not even mention what she tweeted that night?! It's crazy! She is largely responsible for all of this, and for her to sit back and blame it on everyone else just shows what issues she must have.

lilkatie24

But what your upset most about is that she spoke about it again right? She was asked in an interview, she gave her comment. I'm sorry if you don't like what she says but well you may have to get over it, I don't see KA giving any sort of interview.

Ellie

lilkatie24
Jun 23 2011, 10:58 AM
I don't see KA giving any sort of interview.
Exactly. She's a professional.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

OMG. Crystal, :shutup: !

I don't know if I've ever seen an actor dig themselves in this way.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

She is such a fucking liar!

I cannot stand this bitch...get the FUCK off my show your hypocritical bitch!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

She continues to tell people to "move on" and then she flaps her fucking gums about it to any magazine that will listen.

She is a lying bitch and everyone knows it...I mean there is PROOF of her involvement and what she has said and she can continue to deny this all she wants, but we all know SHE knows what she did.

OMG I just CANNOT stand this bitch!

She is a HUGE hypocrite!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jun 23 2011, 11:04 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply