Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Interview with Crystal Chappell on her exit; July 5th issue
Topic Started: Jun 23 2011, 10:12 AM (10,905 Views)
Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

LuvingLumi
Jun 23 2011, 11:28 AM
Supergirlx2
Jun 23 2011, 11:26 AM
Ellie
Jun 23 2011, 10:59 AM
lilkatie24
Jun 23 2011, 10:58 AM
I don't see KA giving any sort of interview.
Exactly. She's a professional.
also, it doesn't seem as though Kristian has been asked to do an interview on the issue. PLUS, Kristian wasn't around on twitter then, and all she knows is what she has been told. It's not so much Kristian that is the other side of the story, but rather all of us that were around and saw exactly what went down.
Actually Michael Fairman did do an interview with both about this....so she has said what she needed to say, but she doesn't keep on saying it at every opportunity. To be fair, KA isn't leaving and she isn't getting exit interviews...so maybe that is it too.
no. Michael Fairman did an exclusive with Crystal. There was a short online blurb on the SoapDigest website that was 80% Crystal & 20% Kristian with Kristian's part being nothing more than one quote. That's all Kristian has ever said about any of this - that one or two sentences.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Supergirlx2
Jun 23 2011, 11:30 AM
lilkatie24
Jun 23 2011, 11:12 AM
OMG ya'll seriously get over it KA hasn't been asked her opinion CC has wth do you want her to do?
Crystal could've made a short comment on the issue, but she chose to talk about it for quite a chunk of the article.
True but the reporter asking the questions probably directed it that way. They are trying to sell magazines and controversy and hot button issues like this one sell magazines so I'm not surprised SOD keeps wanting this issue to be a focus.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Since Crystal has brought this subject up again, I saw these tweets a few days ago from Days45online. The person being tweeted was the one who alerted Days45online about what had happened when Days45online had rt'd one of CC's tweets from that infamous night. Wonder what brought this about?

Days45online days of our lives
Hey @Champalover , u around?
21 Jun

@
@ChampaLover hi :) can you re-send that link to everything that was happening with sudsreport via twitter, pls?
21 Jun
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cscarly

sick how bo choose hope over someone there for him
woman accuse him of basically kidnapping his child when
she believed kidnapper over bo then we spose believe carly
the villian because bo family loves hope more they care
how hope treats bo .

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jun 23 2011, 11:37 AM
Supergirlx2
Jun 23 2011, 11:30 AM
lilkatie24
OMG ya'll seriously get over it KA hasn't been asked her opinion CC has wth do you want her to do?
Crystal could've made a short comment on the issue, but she chose to talk about it for quite a chunk of the article.
True but the reporter asking the questions probably directed it that way. They are trying to sell magazines and controversy and hot button issues like this one sell magazines so I'm not surprised SOD keeps wanting this issue to be a focus.
again, Crystal could've given a short statement and declined to answer any further questions on the subject. The reporter would have to respect her wishes & move on to a different line of questioning.

OliveAnn

jam6242
Jun 23 2011, 11:39 AM
Since Crystal has brought this subject up again, I saw these tweets a few days ago from Days45online. The person being tweeted was the one who alerted Days45online about what had happened when Days45online had rt'd one of CC's tweets from that infamous night. Wonder what brought this about?

21 Jun

@
@ChampaLover hi :) can you re-send that link to everything that was happening with sudsreport via twitter, pls?
21 Jun
Someone here should send them Kenny's screenshot, the part with KA's name included.

Kriss4

PhoenixRising05
Jun 23 2011, 11:27 AM
I hate to get involved in this because I've been trying to stay out of it and pretty much most Days discussions now but just food for thought...

Even if CC did what KA may have done which is decide not to speak about the matter anymore, people would still be jumping on her. She's now very much in the "damned if she doe, damned if she doesn't" category.

I tend to think she had too much to drink and really didn't see the whole picture of what was going on. Does that excuse the whole thing? No. She could've handled this better. She could've easily said she wasn't in the best state of mind, she missed a few things initially, and made an error in judgement as a result. Instead, she's choosing to ignore some pieces of all this but she's probably at the point where she realizes the damage is done and people are going to look at her negatively regardless so why bother?

The reason it also keeps being brought up also is because she's been fired and this whole Twitter thing ties into that so, of course, it's not just going to go away. This was her first magazine interview since the firing (the one last week was just a quick attempt by the actresses and show to diffuse the fanbase situation) so why wouldn't it come up since it's such a big story?

Do I like the way she handled this? Absolutely not. I give her credit for not shying away from the issue like I've seen others do in the past for internet controversies. It hasn't soured me on her that much. People are human. They aren't robots. Shit happens and sometimes you have no idea how to get yourself out of it. I'm not one to judge.

Her responses that night only make sense if she DID see exactly what Nelson was saying. She had to have seen. Her defense of Nelson's right to freedom of speech, her responses TO him and others, her bitter, "I know shit you all don't know" and her reference to writing a book point to it. She also ANSWERED some tweets that referred to the situation.

Her denials of knowledge and her insistence on painting her fanbase as innocent victims of "vile" fanbase don't sit well with me.

Am I hard on her? Maybe. I can't say I'm not frustrated with her comments because none of them....not ONE...ever really acknowledge what she SAID that night and she doesn't accept any real responsibility for anything.

Edited by Kriss4, Jun 23 2011, 11:54 AM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

You know, to me, this really has nothing to do with the fanbases and everything to do with getting caught with your pants down (so to speak).

What happened at DOD really doesn't play into this if you ask me. That wasn't a big deal, she was just goofing off and it really was about the fanbases.

What happened on twitter the other night was personal. Nelson was berating a co-worker of CC and she basically gave him carte blanche to do it.

My problem with CC had nothing to do with the fanbases. I didn't see what was being said, and I'm sure the ugliness was on both sides.

My problem lies with CC standing on the sidelines while someone else bullied her coworker and not only let it happened but encouraged others to "send him love". If she didn't know what he was saying, she shouldn't have stepped into the frey.

I lost alot of respect for CC because of all this. I still say she is a good actress, it's her as a person that I have issue with.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Jun 23 2011, 11:48 AM
jam6242
Jun 23 2011, 11:39 AM

21 Jun

@
21 Jun
Someone here should send them Kenny's screenshot, the part with KA's name included.
or just send them the link to page 45, i believe of the thread where everything that went down that day & the next is documented, & that includes Kenny's screencap! :)

Sariah
Member Avatar

lilkatie24
Telling the truth would be a nice start.

I'd like for her to own up to her own bitchassness that night. For defending someone who absolutely should NOT have been defended (Nelson). I'd like for her to call out Nelson on his comments, and say that he was wrong, say that he was propagating hate instead of defending his right to free speech.

I would like for CC to own up to making a mistake. I'd like for her to admit to what a hypocrite she was that night, and continues to be.

I want her to stop trying to spin this story as a fanbase war that went out of control. This had absolutely nothing to do with fanbases, and everything to do with her inappropriate actions and comments when her friend (a fellow professional in the field) crossed over the line.

I would have liked it if she'd stayed out of the mess entirely, as others somehow managed to do, but since that horse has already left the barn, at this point I'd like her to stop lying about it and stop trying to spin it.

sandyeggo1

Ellie
Jun 23 2011, 10:58 AM
Kriss4
Jun 23 2011, 10:56 AM
lilkatie24
Jun 23 2011, 10:49 AM
She didn't bring up the twitter mess, she was asked in an interview about it what can she say "no comment" come on she has to say something.
She says quite a lot, and never really talks about the comments SHE made that kept things going, even now.

HER responses were what made the situation go on longer than it ever needed to that night. She tries to make it about a fanbase war and while I'm sure there were comments on BOTH sides that probably weren't cool, NELSON'S comments and HER response to them is what created the problem.

I'm sorry, but her defense of his right to freedom of speech while he was calling Kristian an anorexic bitch and an anorexic hair model...her "I know shit you guys don't know"...."Wait to read the book" stuff...Was that gonna help?

She never mentions any of THAT stuff in subsequent interviews. Makes it seem like she didn't have anything to do with anything and her fans were victims of a "vile" fanbase.

HER comments escalated the whole situation created by Nelson.
LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE

Seriously!! How can she not even mention what she tweeted that night?! It's crazy! She is largely responsible for all of this, and for her to sit back and blame it on everyone else just shows what issues she must have.
Maybe she thinks because she deleted a lot of her more inflammatory posts and keeps spinning her version in these interviews that ppl will start to believe that what really happened didn't happen.

And who died and made Molly Burnette the judge of what's right and wrong? Molly's spin is just as bad as Crystals. She shouldn't have jumped in and gotten involved either with her fake "preach love" cover for what Crystal and Nelson did.

Can't wait until Crystal is finally gone. Then maybe we can stop reading about her trying to use the Bope fanbase as her scapegoat for her own bad choices.

Onward -- until the next time Crystal decides to take another public slam at the bope fanbase.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

While I enjoyed Carly more than I ever thought I would when she returned two years ago, I'm not sad to see her go. I am glad the new writers are handling her exit though, rather than Higley.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Can't believe it but Crystal managed to piss me off AGAIN with this shit. This article bugs me even more than the other ones because in this one Nelson doesn't take any heat whatsoever for all the shit he caused and Crystal once again blames the fans of the show rather than pointing the finger at the true culprit of all the fighting and the most hateful one of all --- her BFF asskisser extraordinaire, Nelson Branco.

But I guess us little fans are less useful to her than a soap columnist who can pimp every project of hers two or three times a week.

Oh and this part of the article...

Quote:

Chappell admits she wasn't blindsided by the news of her ouster. "I felt this coming since last summer," she reveals. "I won't get into the details, but there's all this stuff brewing and I felt it. I'm surprised I made it this long, I'll be honest with you.

MORE SHITSTIRRING! That's the only way to explain this comment.

She "won't get into the details" because she's full of shit, but she has to keep that victimhood thing going somehow because it's good for Venice sales and her fans eat that shit up. Using Nelson to blame Kristian for her ouster totally backfired but that's not going to stop her from pretending like some sinister forces at DAYS were lined up against her.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kriss4
Jun 23 2011, 11:50 AM
PhoenixRising05
I hate to get involved in this because I've been trying to stay out of it and pretty much most Days discussions now but just food for thought...

Even if CC did what KA may have done which is decide not to speak about the matter anymore, people would still be jumping on her. She's now very much in the "damned if she doe, damned if she doesn't" category.

I tend to think she had too much to drink and really didn't see the whole picture of what was going on. Does that excuse the whole thing? No. She could've handled this better. She could've easily said she wasn't in the best state of mind, she missed a few things initially, and made an error in judgement as a result. Instead, she's choosing to ignore some pieces of all this but she's probably at the point where she realizes the damage is done and people are going to look at her negatively regardless so why bother?

The reason it also keeps being brought up also is because she's been fired and this whole Twitter thing ties into that so, of course, it's not just going to go away. This was her first magazine interview since the firing (the one last week was just a quick attempt by the actresses and show to diffuse the fanbase situation) so why wouldn't it come up since it's such a big story?

Do I like the way she handled this? Absolutely not. I give her credit for not shying away from the issue like I've seen others do in the past for internet controversies. It hasn't soured me on her that much. People are human. They aren't robots. Shit happens and sometimes you have no idea how to get yourself out of it. I'm not one to judge.

Her responses that night only make sense if she DID see exactly what Nelson was saying. She had to have seen. Her defense of Nelson's right to freedom of speech, her responses TO him and others, her bitter, "I know shit you all don't know" and her reference to writing a book point to it. She also ANSWERED some tweets that referred to the situation.

Her denials of knowledge and her insistence on painting her fanbase as innocent victims of "vile" fanbase don't sit well with me.

Am I hard on her? Maybe. I can't say I'm not frustrated with her comments because none of them....not ONE...ever really acknowledge what she SAID that night and she doesn't accept any real responsibility for anything.

Not necessarily. I mean, what part of it did she begin to come into it that night? It's hard to know given it's Twitter. It's not necessarily when she sent the tweets as much as it's when she actually looked at her blackberry or whatever and started reading through the tweets she had. What tweets did she read first? There is alot of questions and it's easy to make mistakes and jump into the fray too early or without being knowledgeable enough about the situation. I wasn't here for all the drama but I think she could've easily had too much to drink and then saw all the tweets from her fans and responded based on what the fans were saying rather than examining the whole situation first. Early on, she was so focused on freedom of speech and spewing hate it makes me think she just thought fans were attacking each other and Nelson was unfairly being attacked and I don't think she realized the true situation until later on. She's far more focused on protecting her fans and Molly more than herself (which I appreciate) and that tells me that she either was not in the right state of mind (a little drunk) or just didn't take the time to look at all the tweets and see what the original stirring point of all the drama was (Nelson and his rantings). And now you also have her alluding to the early tweets where she came off like she was condoning what Nelson was doing. I mean, people sometimes jump the gun and I think she definitely did here. She's a bit too savvy to have something like this happen. She's an EP of a show (I know it's a web soap but she's really trying to lead that movement and a PR nightmare like this doesn't help) so I think she would not want this kind of press. I don't doubt she likes stirring the pot and getting attention as many are like that but this is not the kind of thing you set out to do purposely. It's way too much of a firestorm.

Even if she wasn't a little drunk (and I suspect she was), I think it's easy for her to have jumped the gun and reacted before making herself aware of the whole situation. Not saying that is what happened but it's just my suspicion. I could be wrong. I'm not excusing it but I'm not going to judge someone when mistakes like that can easily happen and it's easy to always take the negative side in situations like this. I guess I'm just open to both sides of the issue.

MarvinPepper
Member Avatar

Best part of this article are the words: "Exit story".

I have lost any shred of respect that I ever had for this actress. Keep talking Crystal, you make Kristian Alfonso look better and better with every ludicrous word you speak. Her inability to let this go he and her continued need to blame another fanbase and paint herself as an innocent victim, really highlights the obvious guilt that she feels about her own actions that night. No amount of spin now will change her behavior that night and what actually happened. And her not-so-subtle "I know something that you don't know" about some BTS drama that started last summer, reeks of unprofessionalism. I find her use of the words "honesty" and "integrity" completely laughable.

Seriously am not sorry to see her leave Days. Interesting how her exit this time around, pretty much mirrors her one in 1993. Lots of bitterness and sour tastes.
Goodbye!!

fancyface78
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jun 23 2011, 12:52 PM
Kriss4
Jun 23 2011, 11:50 AM
PhoenixRising05

Not necessarily. I mean, what part of it did she begin to come into it that night? It's hard to know given it's Twitter. It's not necessarily when she sent the tweets as much as it's when she actually looked at her blackberry or whatever and started reading through the tweets she had. What tweets did she read first? There is alot of questions and it's easy to make mistakes and jump into the fray too early or without being knowledgeable enough about the situation. I wasn't here for all the drama but I think she could've easily had too much to drink and then saw all the tweets from her fans and responded based on what the fans were saying rather than examining the whole situation first. Early on, she was so focused on freedom of speech and spewing hate it makes me think she just thought fans were attacking each other and Nelson was unfairly being attacked and I don't think she realized the true situation until later on. She's far more focused on protecting her fans and Molly more than herself (which I appreciate) and that tells me that she either was not in the right state of mind (a little drunk) or just didn't take the time to look at all the tweets and see what the original stirring point of all the drama was (Nelson and his rantings). And now you also have her alluding to the early tweets where she came off like she was condoning what Nelson was doing. I mean, people sometimes jump the gun and I think she definitely did here. She's a bit too savvy to have something like this happen. She's an EP of a show (I know it's a web soap but she's really trying to lead that movement and a PR nightmare like this doesn't help) so I think she would not want this kind of press. I don't doubt she likes stirring the pot and getting attention as many are like that but this is not the kind of thing you set out to do purposely. It's way too much of a firestorm.

Even if she wasn't a little drunk (and I suspect she was), I think it's easy for her to have jumped the gun and reacted before making herself aware of the whole situation. Not saying that is what happened but it's just my suspicion. I could be wrong. I'm not excusing it but I'm not going to judge someone when mistakes like that can easily happen and it's easy to always take the negative side in situations like this. I guess I'm just open to both sides of the issue.
She knew Nelson was bashing Kristian because she was told in a tweet she responded to. After that, she told her fans to send Nelson love - which they DID. If you read the tweets to @sudsreport on that night, MANY CC fans were telling him he was right about what he was saying about Kristian. So why exactly is she upset for her fans? They were having a fabulous night trashing Kristian right along with Nelson.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
I wasn't here for all the drama but I think she could've easily had too much to drink and then saw all the tweets from her fans and responded based on what the fans were saying rather than examining the whole situation first. Early on, she was so focused on freedom of speech and spewing hate it makes me think she just thought fans were attacking each other and Nelson was unfairly being attacked and I don't think she realized the true situation until later on.
That night, a fan tweeted to her, "I'm not sure what Bope fans hating on you has to do with @SudsReport attacking Kristian," and she replied, "not sure what that has to do with me." The same person tweeted to her, "Bet you weren't expecting @SudsReport to keep running his mouth spewing all this Kristian hate, huh? So very sad," to which she replied, "unfortunately I've been hated on by Bope fans...hate begets hate?" Setting aside the other implications of that, she acknowledged what was going on several times before she said to "Send Nelson love!"

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I read the tweets. Granted, I wasn't around that night to follow it all play by play like so many were but I still think it could've easily been her jumping the gun and reacting without knowing the full situation.

It's over and done with. She's going to be gone anyway. I wish her all the best. I'm not surprised she had a feeling since last summer since that is when the show started writing Bo and Hope coming back together. She probably saw the writing on the wall and rightfully so.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

granolagirl
Jun 23 2011, 01:17 PM
PhoenixRising05
I wasn't here for all the drama but I think she could've easily had too much to drink and then saw all the tweets from her fans and responded based on what the fans were saying rather than examining the whole situation first. Early on, she was so focused on freedom of speech and spewing hate it makes me think she just thought fans were attacking each other and Nelson was unfairly being attacked and I don't think she realized the true situation until later on.
That night, a fan tweeted to her, "I'm not sure what Bope fans hating on you has to do with @SudsReport attacking Kristian," and she replied, "not sure what that has to do with me." The same person tweeted to her, "Bet you weren't expecting @SudsReport to keep running his mouth spewing all this Kristian hate, huh? So very sad," to which she replied, "unfortunately I've been hated on by Bope fans...hate begets hate?" Setting aside the other implications of that, she acknowledged what was going on several times before she said to "Send Nelson love!"
See, it's responses like that which make me think she was drunk because there is no way given what she's trying to do that she would say shit like that. She doesn't need that kind of negative PR for all the stuff she's involved in. Yes, she likes to stir things up but this is different. There is no way I see her intentionally doing this, especially from a business or image standpoint. No way.

fancyface78
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jun 23 2011, 01:21 PM
granolagirl
Jun 23 2011, 01:17 PM
PhoenixRising05
See, it's responses like that which make me think she was drunk because there is no way given what she's trying to do that she would say shit like that. She doesn't need that kind of negative PR for all the stuff she's involved in. Yes, she likes to stir things up but this is different. There is no way I see her intentionally doing this, especially from a business or image standpoint. No way.
Even if she was drunk, it doesn't excuse her turning this around and blaming it on the fans and playing the victim. Kristian was the one who was attacked that night and the fans has every right to defend her.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply