Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Interview with Crystal Chappell on her exit; July 5th issue
Topic Started: Jun 23 2011, 10:12 AM (10,807 Views)
Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

VBLovesBope
Jun 24 2011, 07:23 AM
iwuvcchappell
Jun 24 2011, 02:22 AM
Ellie
Jun 23 2011, 05:38 PM
ugetwhatuget
Jun 23 2011, 05:37 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Yes.
AHHHHHH SWEEEEEEEEET! Then its open season on KA. Hell Yeah!
Yeah, onward, right? Fight the hate?

:blah: :blah: :blah:

This proves there is always TWO sides of the story.
you mean open season on an actress isn't kindhearted? but Crystal said her fans are "loyal and kindhearted". ;)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VBLovesBope

Supergirlx2
Jun 24 2011, 09:17 AM
VBLovesBope
iwuvcchappell
Ellie

you mean open season on an actress isn't kindhearted? but Crystal said her fans are "loyal and kindhearted". ;)
Yeah, loyal and kindhearted to her. Anyone else is fair game. See how onward and fight the hate works?

But see, if we react to ANY of this, we are the vile fanbase. Whatever happened to fairness.
Edited by VBLovesBope, Jun 24 2011, 09:46 AM.

hailey

This is my last post on this. You are right, both sides were posting nasty, mean things about CC and KA in the begining. I had to quit reading some of the boards out there because of the hate. Its almost like some KA fans were scared CC would take away her screen time. It was also as if some CC fans were thinking Carbo would be a super couple. It was set up this way by TPTB. There was a place on Days for both to shine the writers messed that up. We now have a few more months of Carly. I hope we will stand behind the new writers and support the Carly story line, not the actoress if you don't want.Its not about CC anymore not to me anyway. Its about keeping Days on the air. On a lighter note they say men love women fighting over them, PR gets fan bases.Lol :P

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Did anyone win yet?

sandyeggo1

VBLovesBope
iwuvcchappell
Ellie
ugetwhatuget

Yes.

Yep. Just goes to prove that it's true, if you give them enough rope... All we need to do is sit back and watch them all swing. :popcorn:

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

ladyofthelake
Jun 24 2011, 10:44 AM
Did anyone win yet?
since Crystal's leaving, i'd say she & the Bo & Carly fans lost. I don't think that you can say that the Bo & Hope fans won because of that, but it sure makes our lives easier, and i don't think any of us will lose any sleep over Crystal & her fans leaving.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

iwuvcchappell
Ellie
ugetwhatuget
Ellie
Jun 23 2011, 05:15 PM
Welcome to the new members. Please review our Rules, found at the top of the board. You are allowed to bash actors here but not other posters. If this makes you uncomfortable, perhaps lurking is better. Otherwise, we welcome your joining in the discussion if the rules are followed. Thanks!
So by bashing actors do mean by calling them anorexic, bitch or whatever I may want to call them.
Yes.
Yeah, on this site, you can actor/actress bash all you want, but not poster bash. However, given how classy and professional KA acted during this whole ordeal where she was not only slammed by Nelson Branco, but by some of the Carbo/CC fans included, who I saw first hand spread a rumor prior to NB tantrum that she was the reason CC was fired. It was not me of course because I happened to like both KA and CC. So, I am a fan of both still. However, I must say that I lost a lot of respect for CC during this whole ordeal and was quite disappointed by her action or lack of action towards this fiascal. I was around when this occur and I don't like the spin that I see CC is putting out to any of the news outlets or medias. I wish it ended with CC last interview, but she keeps on putting it out there. Lastly, it would be in very poor taste if you ask me if someone were to suddenly slam KA during this recent event, when KA has been nothing, but classy and professional has done nothing to deseve such a treatment, but I know that some CC/Carbo fans can't stand her for whatever reasons. So if they go at it, oh well, such is life, nobody will always like you and sometimes you will be hated. However, I am not going to do so with KA and will only speak of my lost of respect to a certain degree and my disappointment with the way CC handled this twittergate mess and how she is still acting as though it was a fanbase war when it wasn't. It all started with the nasty rumor prior to NB tantrum.

P.S.: Perhaps CC still consider NB a friend since he is practically the only media outlet that is advocate for her websoaps and uses every opportuntiy to talk about it. However, given the kind of person NB is as a human being, I would not care if I lost favor with that nasty piece of pile of garbage. I know some CC/Carbo fans still like him, but I never care shit for him. He had his A$$ too far up CC A$$ and is such a coward and can't take the heat when he is called out on it. Hence, he no longer has a twittter account, and any hate he got was well deserve.

Anyway, I am done with this subject, I wish it would stop, I hope CC doesn't do another interview about this because it hasn't done her any favors.
Edited by Dakota, Jun 24 2011, 11:20 AM.

Dakota
Member Avatar

hailey
Jun 24 2011, 10:39 AM
This is my last post on this. You are right, both sides were posting nasty, mean things about CC and KA in the begining. I had to quit reading some of the boards out there because of the hate. Its almost like some KA fans were scared CC would take away her screen time. It was also as if some CC fans were thinking Carbo would be a super couple. It was set up this way by TPTB. There was a place on Days for both to shine the writers messed that up. We now have a few more months of Carly. I hope we will stand behind the new writers and support the Carly story line, not the actoress if you don't want.Its not about CC anymore not to me anyway. Its about keeping Days on the air. On a lighter note they say men love women fighting over them, PR gets fan bases.Lol :P
I said I was done on this subject, and obviously I am not, oh well. Both side said their shit about both actresses and there were even fanbase bashing. I used to twitter, so I saw a lot of it, but I am twitter free, and I love it. :D I don't think KA fans were scared that CC would take away her screen time. As a KA fan, this is how I saw it, I think KA fans were upset with the OOC writing of Hope and Bo. Two individual characters that were love as individuals and as a couple for more than 25 years. Then prior to CC return, it was like who is Hope and Bo, suddenly they were written not true to who there characters were, just so DH can pimp the triangle with Carly/Bo/Hope. Then during the triangle, Hope/Bo/Carly were all written OOC. It did nothing for either fanbase regardless of who you supported. CC fans can proclaim that Carbo were a supercouple, and I heard reference to the fact that they were in the 90s, but it does not make it true. Even now after the recent events, the negative comments in regards to KA hasn't stop. I think with some it has turn into a competition, if you happen to like CC, you can't like KA or vice versa. I saw a similar stuff when I was a GL watcher, you couldn't be an Olivia fan if you happen to like Reva who was her rival, and yet I happen to like both CC/Olivia, and KZ/Reva. A lot of this had to with the RN/Josh. Fans of Olivia wanted her with Josh and fans of Reva wanted her back with Josh. They were hugely popular they are a supercouple. About the PR fanbase, I have to wonder if those saying that they truly supported PR, are truly a fan of his because some of the fans were saying they want him to get a front and center storyilne. Now that he is getting a storyline where we get to see him a lot in the last few days, some fans are saying they are not watching and that after CC leaves, they will not support him on Days, but will support him on other projects. Support of a actor/character should not be based on who he is paired with. The fact that PR/Bo is back with KA/Hope, must be a turn off to some, and here I thought they were fans of PR/Bo, I guess not. I will allow others to draw their own conclusion, on who they are a true fan of. In a time where we have two more soaps cancelledl, it shouldn't be so much about which couple are together, but then it is because I have been hearing on how this show should get cancelled since an actress was let go. It just shows that some are not fan of the show at all, if they wish that.
Edited by Dakota, Jun 24 2011, 11:18 AM.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Did anyone win yet?
Only Michael Fairman's website stats, I'm thinking.

Quote:

...KA acted during this whole ordeal where she was not only slammed by Nelson Branco, but by some of the Carbo/CC fans included, who I saw first hand spread a rumor prior to NB tantrum that she was the reason CC was fired.

This is the reason that Kelly Moneymaker made her "peacemaker" tweet before NB even started HateFest '11, right?

Dakota
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Jun 24 2011, 11:24 AM
ladyofthelake
Did anyone win yet?
Only Michael Fairman's website stats, I'm thinking.

Quote:

...KA acted during this whole ordeal where she was not only slammed by Nelson Branco, but by some of the Carbo/CC fans included, who I saw first hand spread a rumor prior to NB tantrum that she was the reason CC was fired.

This is the reason that Kelly Moneymaker made her "peacemaker" tweet before NB even started HateFest '11, right?
The same site that got 20,000 hit, gotta love the spamming. :lol:

VBLovesBope

Dakota
Jun 24 2011, 11:12 AM
hailey
Jun 24 2011, 10:39 AM
I said I was done on this subject, and obviously I am not, oh well. Both side said their shit about both actresses and there were even fanbase bashing. I used to twitter, so I saw a lot of it, but I am twitter free, and I love it. :D I don't think KA fans were scared that CC would take away her screen time. As a KA fan, this is how I saw it, I think KA fans were upset with the OOC writing of Hope and Bo. Two individual characters that were love as individuals and as a couple for more than 25 years. Then prior to CC return, it was like who is Hope and Bo, suddenly they were written not true to who there characters were, just so DH can pimp the triangle with Carly/Bo/Hope. Then during the triangle, Hope/Bo/Carly were all written OOC. It did nothing for either fanbase regardless of who you supported. CC fans can proclaim that Carbo were a supercouple, and I heard reference to the fact that they were in the 90s, but it does not make it true. Even now after the recent events, the negative comments in regards to KA hasn't stop. I think with some it has turn into a competition, if you happen to like CC, you can't like KA or vice versa. I saw a similar stuff when I was a GL watcher, you couldn't be an Olivia fan if you happen to like Reva who was her rival, and yet I happen to like both CC/Olivia, and KZ/Reva. A lot of this had to with the RN/Josh. Fans of Olivia wanted her with Josh and fans of Reva wanted her back with Josh. They were hugely popular they are a supercouple. About the PR fanbase, I have to wonder if those saying that they truly supported PR, are truly a fan of his because some of the fans were saying they want him to get a front and center storyilne. Now that he is getting a storyline where we get to see him a lot in the last few days, some fans are saying they are not watching and that after CC leaves, they will not support him on Days, but will support him on other projects. Support of a actor/character should not be based on who he is paired with. The fact that PR/Bo is back with KA/Hope, must be a turn off to some, and here I thought they were fans of PR/Bo, I guess not. I will allow others to draw their own conclusion, on who they are a true fan of. In a time where we have two more soaps cancelledl, it shouldn't be so much about which couple are together, but then it is because I have been hearing on how this show should get cancelled since an actress was let go. It just shows that some are not fan of the show at all, if they wish that.
I totally agree with your assessment of how this was perceived. I will speak for me, but what got me as a long time Days and Bo and Hope fan is the nerve and disrespect of some to tell our fan base we should just give it up and let carbo happen. And this was also coming from people who had not even watched the show since cc's last stint 20 yrs ago. As I mentioned before, we were also taunted with comments that KA's contract would not be renewed because there was no more story for Hope now that carly was in the picture. Not to mention the mocking and refusal to even spell out Hope's name or the treatment of KA as a non entity or how PR would be doomed to the backburn as long as he was paired with KA/Hope. Sorry, but that is going to get a reaction no matter who you are. Especially if you are a fan. Like you, I hated the OOC writing just to make this story happen, and hated how bad the characters I have known and loved for years were being destroyed. To the point, I had to stop watching for a while because I couldn't even stand the storyline and the characters themselves.

Violet
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jun 24 2011, 09:17 AM
VBLovesBope
iwuvcchappell
Ellie

And how she likes to say to "spread the love" :blah:

Dakota
Member Avatar

hailey
Jun 23 2011, 03:06 PM
Maybe CC isn't a victim, but if you didn't see the tweeting that night and you read her time line it looks like she is being picked on. When people who don't know all nelson said see CC's retweets of people confronting her it looks like she is being attacked. I'm not taking sides. No one should have to put up with what was said about KA. But you should know anytime you tweet CC, it may be retweeted, and then it may come off as hostile. As for CC keeping this on going its publicity.
Me again, I guess I can't help myself. One of her coworkers was attacked, irrespective of what she may think of her, why would she want this kind of pubilcity, and continued. As a CC fan, I have to go seriously, is this the kind of publicity that she wants, is she that desperate for attention that she feels the need to continue talking about this twittergate mess that involved one of her using his media oultet to say mean and hateful things to an actress because he could not handled that his favorite was not resigned. Maybe, someone should give an FYI to Nelson and CC that it happens all the time on soaps. One of my favorites BD was let go and his contract was not renewed, but you don't see him getting upset or burserk or have some media oulet go on a tantrum about him being let go from Days. I was upset that he was pushed out, but I didn't go bat crazy and blame EJ for that. I blame GT where I think it started, he didn't want BD/Lucas anymore and wanted him gone. It was obvious to anyone.
Edited by Dakota, Jun 24 2011, 06:34 PM.

Dakota
Member Avatar

ugetwhatuget
Jun 23 2011, 04:58 PM
I'd like to know why some of you seem to think that CC does'nt get hate tweets. Is it because you choose not to believe it? I believe it, because some people are rude and obnoxious when they see their favorite couple broken up. They blame the actors for something that they have no control over. Now with twitter anybody can follow whom ever you want, whether you're a fan or not. Which brings me to my next point, why would any grown assed adult follow someone on twitter if you're not a fan. That to me is sad and pathetic.
I don't get it is sad and pathetic for someone to follow someone on twitter whether they are fan or not, but it is not sad or pathetic for someone or groups of people to make false accusation or rumors with no proof that CC contract not being re-sign is a result of KA machination when there has been nothing to showcase that at all, except for some fans spreading that kind of nasty rumors or fale accusation about it just to malign an actress, who has done nothing, but showcase through this twiitergate mess that she is classy and professional by choosing to say just a few words, and not using this to draw any attention on her at all, but to say kind things about CC and say that basically any kind of bullying is wrong. Then you have NB tantrum on twitter, which was just nasty, rude, and insulting coming from a person in the media. Both actresses had their fair share of hate and now CC is getting the brunt of it after the whole twittergate mess, I understand where some is coming from, but still I don't get the hate for KA after this mess. :shrug: Some people choosing to spread more hate about KA and even her character or over a couple that they lost out too. Then saying oh how they feel sorry for PR, why feel sorry for a guy who getting a chance to act and is getting screen time, obviously he has no problem with working with KA and has worked with her for years. If you seen their interviews and how they interact with each other, obviously they are good friends. Any issues that they had in the past when they were young is completely over, but I am sure it doesn't stop some people to bring up this shit again. PR and KA are both professioinal and classy, PR likes working with both women, sad he had to put that out there because of some people lies about it.
Edited by Dakota, Jun 24 2011, 06:59 PM.

ugetwhatuget

VBLovesBope
iwuvcchappell
Ellie
ugetwhatuget

Yes.

It's clear by some of the responses no one really understood why I asked that question. I would never call anyone a vile name and that includes any actors I don't like. I wasn't surprised by the answer , because I've lurked for a while. Clearly no one cares if you call an actor a name or same mean things about them, as long as you don't do it to each other. But as soon as Nelson (whom I've barely heard of ) calls KA an anorexic whatever , I don't even really know, you all go ballistic. Furthermore when CC says freedom of the press all hell breaks loose. My point it that your ok doing that on this site and no one bothers defending the actors getting called names. Apparently some one on their own personal twitter is held at different standard. If you're allowed to say whatever you want, why can't they. That sounds like hypocrisy to me.

Kriss4

Dakota
Jun 24 2011, 06:34 PM
hailey
Jun 23 2011, 03:06 PM
Maybe CC isn't a victim, but if you didn't see the tweeting that night and you read her time line it looks like she is being picked on. When people who don't know all nelson said see CC's retweets of people confronting her it looks like she is being attacked. I'm not taking sides. No one should have to put up with what was said about KA. But you should know anytime you tweet CC, it may be retweeted, and then it may come off as hostile. As for CC keeping this on going its publicity.
Me again, I guess I can't help myself. One of her coworkers was attacked, irrespective of what she may think of her, why would she want this kind of pubilcity, and continued. As a CC fan, I have to go seriously, is this the kind of publicity that she wants, is she that desperate for attention that she feels the need to continue talking about this twittergate mess that involved one of her using his media oultet to say mean and hateful things to an actress because he could not handled that his favorite was not resigned. Maybe, someone should give an FYI to Nelson and CC that it happens all the time on soaps. One of my favorites BD was let go and his contract was not renewed, but you don't see him getting upset or burserk or have some media oulet go on a tantrum about him being let go from Days. I was upset that he was pushed out, but I didn't go bat crazy and blame EJ for that. I blame GT where I think it started, he didn't want BD/Lucas anymore and wanted him gone. It was obvious to anyone.
A lot of us have lost favorites over the past few years, and while we fans weren't happy about it and we did complain, nothing like THIS ever happened.

Our actors/actresses moved on, most with a lot of class and grace. We didn't blame others when they left, except maybe for Ken, who's never safe, LOL! But even there, most of us knew there would be a reason, whether we agreed with it or not. Some writers didn't know what to write after a certain point, or money was tight, maybe both factors came into play.

Blame of another actor, though? Whispers meant to damage reputations, and without proof?

No way. None of that. That's not classy or cool in any way, shape, or form.

robolynn

There is a difference - when I say something on Twitter, I am not a public figure and I am entitled to my opinion. If they had a Twitter account under another name and not their public name they can say whatever they want. The problem comes in when Nelson uses his Twitter account under his name with his column's name on it. When he does this, I believe that he is representing the company he works for and it reflects on the paper. Crystal taking up for him against her costar is fine, but again she is a public figure, not a private individual. If she wanted to avoid problems, I think she should have just stayed out of the whole thing. That's my opinion and the last I will ever say about the matter.

Ladymackilious

I honestly feel like nothing she would have said in this interview would have changed certain ppl's minds about her. They would have still found something that they didn't like. So she didn't say nothing to Nelson when he tweeted that mess about KA....AND? Last time I checked her kids names were Dylan and Jake. She said she didn't see what he tweeted anyway but it didn't matter cuz ppl started bombarding her with hateful comments just because she happened to tweet "show Nelson some love" a liitle while after he tweeted & then quickly deleted his comment about KA that she DID NOT see. Look ppl I got about 180 followers on Twitter and even I have a hard time keeping up with the tweets that go by and seeing that she has about 27K, I can believe her when she says she didn't see it. Now on to the fanbases.....yes they can get crazy. You got crazy Bopers & CarBo fan that can be disrespectful to each other & the actresses and that is uncalled for. I am a CarBo fan but I got nothing but love for KA but in CC's defense some of them crazy Bopers(and I'm not talking to u sane ones) were sending her lots of hateful comments to her & to her fans so I can understand her coming to their defense. She's just cool like that. And like someone else said on here they asked her about the Twitter incident in this interview so she talked about it. And she says ONWARD a lot to get ppl to stop fighting...even to her fans when they tweet her about what someone said that was hateful to her or KA. That's her way of trying to keep the peace. I was there doing that Nelson thing. I took the time to read a lot of what was coming at her after the Nelson incident and in IMO the blame should be all on him....not her. And the sad thing is it's not gonna stop...WHY? because ppl get obsessed with their favorites & they get crazy.Some crazy Bopers were tweeting her hateful comments way before this incident cuz Bo was with Carly so they would send her hateful comments. Some crazy Jessica Leccia fans were sending her hateful tweets becuz they felt she wasn't shown enough on the BTS of Venice...so it's really just about crazy fans in the end who needs to remember that it's just a show. Don't get so caught up that you can't distinguish the characters from the actors and quit blaming ppl for what others did or say cuz again....What Nelson did was wrong but HE SAID THAT...she didn't and I'd see if she said I so agree with what you said about KA. *sigh* Ok that's my two cents for the day. I love Crystal and I wish her all the best. I will continue to support her in all her future endeavors....ONWARD!
Edited by Ladymackilious, Jun 28 2011, 02:23 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Sweet God in heaven, will this never end? The debate had finally ended and this thread had not been posted in for 4 days and now it's been bumped. Why?

SLW117

I'm sure everything is okay between CC and KA. CC had HER PEOPLE CALL after all. Such class. I just wish her off my screen.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply