Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Jennifer Learns the Whole Truth about Carly!; July 5th Issue
Topic Started: Jun 24 2011, 12:01 PM (3,604 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Jennifer Learns the Whole Truth about Carly!

Jennifer gets proof that Carly is on drugs -- and then discovered that her BFF is in love with Daniel!

The week begins with Jennifer having reservations about breaking into Carly's room to gather evidence that she's using stolen drugs from the hospital. "It's something that Jennifer doesn't want to believe," sighs Melissa Reeves. "She's hoping there's a different explanation for Carly's behavior."

Jennifer does an about-face, however, when she gets valuable information from Abigail, who lets it slip that Carly filled a prescription using the name Katerina Von Leuschner. Jennifer instantly knows Katerina is Carly's real name. Abigail confides that Carly claimed she was ill and made her promise to keep it a secret.

"Jennifer realizes that Carly is in serious trouble and needs help," explains Melissa Reeves. "So she breaks into Carly's room and finds a bag with a powdery substance in it." Jennifer takes a sample of residue and returns to the hospital.

"Jennifer wants to have the residue analyzed to confirm that it's the same medication that is missing from the hospital," says Reeves.

On the ride back to the hospital, Jennifer tries to make sense of Carly's turmoil. "Jennifer doesn't understand why Carly would turn to drugs," says Reeves. "It's not the Carly she recognizes."

At the hospital, Jennifer stumbles upon Carly, who is staring at an unaware Daniel with a look of love in her eyes. "Jennifer cares deeply about Carly and she doesn't want to see her pain," says Reeves.

Will Jennifer intervene on Carly's behalf?

Please link to Daytime Royalty.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

Come on back, Jack!! :cheer:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Quote:

At the hospital, Jennifer stumbles upon Carly, who is staring at an unaware Daniel with a look of love in her eyes. "Jennifer cares deeply about Carly and she doesn't want to see her pain," says Reeves.

Here's hoping CC is able to pull this 'look of love' off better than the EJayor scarf sniffing crap played out. It sounds every bit as lame.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Is it time for rehab yet?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

**YAWN**

King
Member Avatar

OMG. This shit is SO fucking bad. LOL.

Thanks for the article!!

granolagirl
Member Avatar

They should film Melissa Reeves having a twitter-vention with CC and air that instead.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

don't worry Jen Carly might be using and stealing drugs, but your stealing personal property and breaking and entering... so I say your probally even.

Helpless Romantic

Dorothy595
Jun 24 2011, 12:11 PM
Come on back, Jack!! :cheer:
You can say that again! :wub: I really wish I cared about Jen's story but nope.

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

Finally, an incentive to watch Days again!

That's exactly what I'll be saying once something decent shows up in the spoilers.

Violet
Member Avatar

How much longer do we have to put up with Carly dragging Jennifer's character down with her? This storyline is so dull. And don't get me started on Jennifer/Daniel (the most awkward, forced couple I have seen... Is Jack back yet?)

AHM

Oh, this is pathetic. They are using Carly ridiculously in the futile attempt to make Jennifer/Daniel interesting. I'll echo some earlier sentiments---how long do we have to wait for Jack? Forget Daniel/Jennifer. It's bland, and they've already used up whatever tiny amount of unresolved sexual tension there was between Daniel and Jennifer. Let's see the real couple play things out now----Jack and Jennifer already!

lumifan4life85
Member Avatar

*Eyeroll* I hate that they've ruined Jennifer for this storyline. Honestly, where is Missy Reeve's backbone? She should not be letting them pair her character with Daniel after what that sleezebag did to Lucas.

CalAggie87

As a Jack fan I just do not want J/J to get back together too quickly. And I especially do not want Jack trying to win her back -- because I do believe Jack is innocent. Jennifer has to realize she has betrayed Jack in the worst possible way, not believing him, and jumping into bed with the creep Dan. J/J will have to organically fall back together or not at all. Maybe time for TPTB to test Jack with other characters first. Jack was ruined when Langan and Reilly -- due to their irrational biases. I want Jack hurt, bitter and angry, and as a result he can go back to being a little duplicitous. Not so much a villain -- as post Here We Go Again -- but not perfect. And he definitely needs to go back reporting. Though I do not want Jack trying to win her back, I want snarky Jack back and making snide comments about Doc Tan, and how Doc Bonas has chased his female patients even a couple 1/2 his age. And someone has to point out to Jennifer that Jack, on various occasions saved her life, risking his; unlike Dan who is a friggin' doctor, and that his little operation involved on personal danger to himself.

And definitely Jack needs to bring up her betraying her brother for this creep. Maybe Lucas returns too and he and Jack and team up together to get dirt on the creep. My fanwank has it that this is a chronic problem for Dan. He has done this at various hospitals and was nearly busted, but godfather Vic stepped in and paid people off and got him a job at another hospital, but this occurred repeatedly. He finally brought him to University Hospital for Bo, and he is doing it again. Jack outs this and Dan loses his license and leaves town, or Vic gets him a job in Africa.
Edited by CalAggie87, Jun 26 2011, 10:40 PM.

nanasmiles

Since when do actors get to dictate what their characters will and will not do?!? If that were the case, we wouldn't have had to watch the last few years of CRAP!!!!!

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

nanasmiles
Jun 26 2011, 10:38 PM
Since when do actors get to dictate what their characters will and will not do?!? If that were the case, we wouldn't have had to watch the last few years of CRAP!!!!!
Alison Sweeney does. She has meetings to "discuss" her character.

LilMikeyK

I am so glad CC is leaving the show!

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Casey
Jun 26 2011, 10:40 PM
nanasmiles
Yeah, but I think anyone else would be Hapka'd!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AHM

CalAggie87
Jun 26 2011, 10:37 PM
As a Jack fan I just do not want J/J to get back together too quickly. And I especially do not want Jack trying to win her back -- because I do believe Jack is innocent. Jennifer has to realize she has betrayed Jack in the worst possible way, not believing him, and jumping into bed with the creep Dan. J/J will have to organically fall back together or not at all. Maybe time for TPTB to test Jack with other characters first. Jack was ruined when Langan and Reilly -- due to their irrational biases. I want Jack hurt, bitter and angry, and as a result he can go back to being a little duplicitous. Not so much a villain -- as post Here We Go Again -- but not perfect. And he definitely needs to go back reporting. Though I do not want Jack trying to win her back, I want snarky Jack back and making snide comments about Doc Tan, and how Doc Bonas has chased his female patients even a couple 1/2 his age. And someone has to point out to Jennifer that Jack, on various occasions saved her life, risking his; unlike Dan who is a friggin' doctor, and that his little operation involved on personal danger to himself.

And definitely Jack needs to bring up her betraying her brother for this creep. Maybe Lucas returns too and he and Jack and team up together to get dirt on the creep. My fanwank has it that this is a chronic problem for Dan. He has done this at various hospitals and was nearly busted, but godfather Vic stepped in and paid people off and got him a job at another hospital, but this occurred repeatedly. He finally brought him to University Hospital for Bo, and he is doing it again. Jack outs this and Dan loses his license and leaves town, or Vic gets him a job in Africa.
In the end, I'll always want Jack and Jennifer together, but yeah, it should be a long, angsty, soapy road. I also do not want Jack begging Jennifer to take him back this time around. I want Jack to feel betrayed, I want him to put those walls back up. I'd like to see Jack get angry again, for heaven's sake. Did he get angry with Jennifer once from 2001-2006? Yeah, I want the snark and the wit. Not the buffoonishness. I really want Jack to thank Dr. Dan for going for the wife and not the the daughter. That would be so Jack. Let Jennifer be the one to have to win Jack back this time. Maybe they decide to split but of course are always running into each other and we get all that lovely tension. I'd also like Jack involved with other characters, obviously Adrienne, but he's got plenty of history with Bo, Hope, Victor, Kate etc. Could be good, but I'm afraid they'll just do a stupid Jennifer torn between Jack and Daniel thing, which would be lame. Seriously, anyone who's seen Jack and Jennifer's story (even a non Jack fan) has got to know how much deeper Jennifer's love for Jack is. I don't actually buy that she loves Daniel at all. I think it's all about her trying to bury her feelings for Jack, prove she's desirable . . .
Edited by AHM, Jun 27 2011, 02:56 AM.

AHM

OhMyMadeleine
Jun 27 2011, 12:16 AM
Casey
Jun 26 2011, 10:40 PM
nanasmiles
Yeah, but I think anyone else would be Hapka'd!
Though I'm glad Nathan is gone, I do wish the actors had some input. I'm hoping with all of this regime changing, that will be something that is allowed. I understand that Matthew Ashford had been used to having some input with regard to his character until Langan and Reilly came along in 93 or so and fired him for having opinions on what his character would and would not do (not gospel truth but my impression). I think if the show is bringing back vets whose histories are long and with which the new writers might be unfamiliar, it would behoove them to get some advice from the actors who are familiar with their characters' personalities and histories.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply