Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kelli Giddish & Danny Pino Join "SVU"
Topic Started: Jun 27 2011, 06:44 PM (438 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

Posted Image

http://www.tvguide.com/News/SVU-Giddish-Pino-1034662.aspx

Kelli Giddish and Danny Pino have signed on as series regulars for the new season of Law & Order: SVU, NBC announced Monday.

Giddish (Chase) and Pino (Cold Case) will play new detectives going into Season 13, filling the void left by Chris Meloni, who abruptly left the series after contract negotiations fell through.

"I'm very pleased that we have two amazing actors joining the cast," executive producer Dick Wolf said in a statement. "I know this combination will give us the opportunity to explore the world of SVU with new eyes."

Mariska Hargitay, who played Meloni's on-screen partner, will return to the NBC series in a reduced capacity. At midseason, her character will be promoted to a supervisor's position, during which a new female detective will take her place. So far it's unclear whether Giddish will be Hargitay's replacement or if another cast member will be added at midseason. Jennifer Love Hewitt was initially being eyed as the replacement, but is no longer in contention.

Pino flew to New York last week to test opposite Hargitay. David Conrad (Ghost Whisperer), Kevin Alejandro (True Blood, Southland), Michael Raymond-James (Terriers) and Rhys Coiro (Entourage) were among the other contenders vying to fill Meloni's spot.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

It feels like Kelli G. gets a new show every fall.

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

I'm looking forward to the new SVU season. I loved Kelli on "Chase". Looking forward to seeing what her and Danny add to the show. Love Mariska and I'm glad she's back even without Christopher. And super glad JLove didn't make the cut, I'm not sure if I would have been able to stomach SVU next season with her taking on a detective role.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Quote:

It feels like Kelli G. gets a new show every fall.

Yup. She either has the best agent or the worst.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

If we have to loose Chris, I like these choices.

BC2.0
Member Avatar
Jester

Is it too soon to call Kelli a showkiller?

I like them both, so I'll at least be open to these changes.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i think kelli is a showkiller and now she will kill this show ugh

KMan101
Member Avatar

I think the show should end. SVU seems like it has the type of fans who are really attached to Meloni and Hargitay. I mean, after 12 seasons, it's going to be a huge change for fans. I just read though that despite what was reported, SVU is working around Hargitay to have her in EVERY episode. When originally, it was said she would be scaled back and probably not in every episode. Hopefully she can continue after this season, even in reduced capacity.

I think they picked interesting choices as the replacements, though. I like them both.

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

A lot of people aren't happy with having to split up Benson/Stabler because Meloni didn't sign up for a new deal. A lot of fans on their FB page are saying they're not watching without the pairing of Benson/Stabler...which is understandable but sucks for fans like me. I mean it's going to be an adjustment but I really like this show and I hope it works out with the new casting and the new detectives. I'd hate for it to go off the air, it's one of the only shows I religiously watch these days.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply