Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OLTL: Was Trevor St. John Fired or Did He Quit?; Daytime Confidential
Topic Started: Jun 29 2011, 03:38 PM (922 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2011/06/29/was-trevor-st-john-fired-from-one-life-to-live-or-did-he-quit
Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I still call bullshit. There's no way with a cancellation that things aren't up in the air enough to be able to allow him to stay till the end had he wanted to. By definition, a cancellation means EVERYTHING shifts.

They still let Dorian, Kelly, and Joey go - none of these were planned months and months ahead.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

Whatever the circumstances surrounding his departure, I will miss him. I'd rather see him stay around than all these random LOSER newbies, most of whom have left so little of an impression on me that I can't even remember their names! OLTL needs to get their shit together and start getting back to what's REALLY important. CLEAN HOUSE and refocus on the core families!!

We all THINK that 7 months is a long time to tie up loose ends, but it really isn't!!!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

This all seems very CYA on OLTL's part to me.

Given all the other early departures, I think ABC FV and RC probably had big plans for the Two Todds story to close out the show and then ABC refused to pony up the cash to reup TSJ's contract so they had to rewrite things. It would also explain why Llanview is losing so many vets and getting repopulated with cheap newbies for the final months.

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

Depending on how they've got this Two Todd storyline written and how far they film in advance the actual story on TSJ departure can go either way. Depending on when he decided to extend and what they've already scripted/filmed I can see there being a problem. But like the author said, there are usually 3 sides to every story and I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in btw what TSJ says and what the show does. He's a great actor and I wish him luck on his future endeavors, whatever they end up being.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

I still call bullshit too. I have no doubt that TSJ was going to leave the show but I'm sure that was before it was canceled. Once they canceled it he probably figured he would stay to the end and give Todd a proper send off but OLTL figures why bother since they finally got RH back they can still have Todd and save the money it would have cost to keep TSJ on the show. You will never convince me that they couldn't rewrite the storyline in time for Trevor to stay, shows do it all the time. Todd Manning has been one of the most popular and entertaining characters on OLTL for a really long time and I simply don't buy that they wouldn't try and do everything they could to keep him to the end including rewriting some stuff. They just figured why bother when they have Roger there. Bottom line, no Roger and they would have done anything to keep Trevor with Roger he's expendable. That sucks IMO. He gave this show 8 years and it just seems like they threw him away. I wish Trevor nothing but the best in whatever he does next, I have no doubt we'll see him in something soon.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

It's not that big of a deal to me. I think he would have been out whether the show was going off the air or not.

LOL he has been given frontburner stories for the past 8 years, and you guys think he is being thrown out like trash. We don't know the circumstances of this exit. I am personally glad the last 3 or 4 months will be TSJ-free.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Drew
Jun 29 2011, 04:11 PM
They still let Dorian, Kelly, and Joey go - none of these were planned months and months ahead.
I am pretty sure Strasser and Tognoni chose to leave and Tuc doesn't count. Joey was just a casualty of GT deciding to leave.

Alin89
Member Avatar

it still sucks i love TSJ

txsexygirl213
Member Avatar

Well this just f**king sucks !! I would rather look at Trevor than Roger excuse me he is much better lookin than the latter !! imo !! Well the damn show is going off anyway and it seems like everyone is leaving anyway so what the hell ??? I am gonna miss you Trevor you were a hell of a Todd and a good one at that !!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply