Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion 7/4-7/8; Whether "live post" or DVR - post any and all thoughts and questions about the show!
Topic Started: Jul 1 2011, 09:47 PM (19,273 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Days of Our Lives
Weekly Discussion

July 4-8

Posted Image

Discuss!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I hope that clip shows Nicole choking Sami to death! Ah, were it real instead of Nicole's dream!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Jul 1 2011, 09:49 PM
I hope that clip shows Nicole choking Sami to death! Ah, were it real instead of Nicole's dream!
I'm not sure what it shows. I only made it about a quarter of the way through it. I made sure it included more than two characters and posted it, lol. I HATED this.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 1 2011, 09:51 PM
Liz<3Days
I'm not sure what it shows. I only made it about a quarter of the way through it. I made sure it included more than two characters and posted it, lol. I HATED this.
I like it but I had to mute Sami and her ridiculous voice! Nicole did hearing people everywhere a service when she choked that bitch!

Plus JKJ and JS looked soooo yummy! :wub:

lysie
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Jul 1 2011, 09:53 PM
lysie
Jul 1 2011, 09:51 PM
Liz<3Days
I like it but I had to mute Sami and her ridiculous voice! Nicole did hearing people everywhere a service when she choked that bitch!

Plus JKJ and JS looked soooo yummy! :wub:
I could still punch Alison Sweeney in the face for that awful voice. Her normal voice is bad enough.

In the minute and a half I managed to watch of this, I noticed that the camera work, lighting, and overall mood is WAY more soap-like than anything I've seen on Days since then. Stupid Tomlin.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

I thought everyone looked great and the show did a good job with the production values but I hated it too! I just found out I HAVE to go to a cookout on the 4th! So I'll have to read Lysie's "post lake" account of "Salem: At the movies!"!

lysie
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Jul 1 2011, 10:01 PM
I thought everyone looked great and the show did a good job with the production values but I hated it too! I just found out I HAVE to go to a cookout on the 4th! So I'll have to read Lysie's "post lake" account of "Salem: At the movies!"!
It'll be late anyway unless someone puts it on youtube this weekend. I broke the TV...

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I watched the Hippie and usually I dont mind him, but he sang way too loud and interrupted the dialog in key points.

Did they save JT's airtime for this ONE episode? Roman was EVERYWHERE...The King's Speech was funny because out of everyone, Roman is teaching EJ how to be "American?"

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 1 2011, 09:47 PM
Flawless. Perfection. Beautiful. What could have been.

Sariah
Member Avatar

OhMyMadeleine
Jul 2 2011, 03:28 AM
lysie
Jul 1 2011, 09:47 PM
Flawless. Perfection. Beautiful. What could have been.
Totally agree. And I loved the film noir, and would have love it even more had she ended up with Philip at the end of it instead of Lucas. So I just watch the Phloe moments from it and so enjoy them. (And the yummy EJ and Philip at the bar moments!)

If anyone would like to see a Phloe film noir montage:

Edited to add: It has other Phloe stuff in it too - but most of it is from the film noir.
Edited by Sariah, Jul 2 2011, 03:31 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Sariah
Jul 2 2011, 03:29 PM

Edited to add: It has other Phloe stuff in it too - but most of it is from the film noir.
Lovely! I would still like to know who was behind quashing Phloe in favor of Chloe and Lucas/Philip and Stephanie, and what their reasoning was. In theory I didn't mind the idea of Philip and Stephanie, though I didn't think Shelley and Jay had much chemistry, but the story was so poorly written to start and then of course, Melanie came along to cast her enchanting pre-adolescent spell on Philip and Dr. Bonas unveiled his magical penis to Chloe and the rest was disgusting history.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jul 2 2011, 03:48 PM
Sariah

Lovely! I would still like to know who was behind quashing Phloe in favor of Chloe and Lucas/Philip and Stephanie, and what their reasoning was. In theory I didn't mind the idea of Philip and Stephanie, though I didn't think Shelley and Jay had much chemistry, but the story was so poorly written to start and then of course, Melanie came along to cast her enchanting pre-adolescent spell on Philip and Dr. Bonas unveiled his magical penis to Chloe and the rest was disgusting history.
Based on the BTS stuff happening at the time, this is my guess:

Ed Scott pimped Morgan and wanted her as the star of the show, so he put her with Philip. It's pretty obvious it wasn't Dena's desire, because she never had them have sex, and Philip never said he loved Morgan. That left Chloe flapping in the breeze, so rather than fire her they put her with Lucas.

Scott and Kristen Renton get fired the same day (which again leads me to believe that Phorgan was his baby). Morgan leaves with Philip telling her he still loves Chloe. Presumably a Lucas/Chloe/Philip triangle should have started.

It was time for Jay to renegotiate his contract. It apparently wasn't going well (the time he cleared out his dressing room and left the set) and rather than put him back with Chloe, they stuck him with Stephanie and Melanie. I'm guessing that it would be easier to write Philip out if he wasn't in a relationship with Chloe, as Phloe were/are a popular pairing. Tomlin had recognized the Phloe chemistry - there was an article in SOD about his reaction to them saying "third time's the charm."

They finally came to terms with Jay, and one of the hallmarks of the previous reigns was the constant stopping/starting/dropping of stories. I think Tomlin wanted to stay the course. So he didn't put Philip back with Chloe and jump story again because he wanted to see stories through. So Chloe was put into a triangle with Daniel and Lucas and Philip with Stephanie and Melanie. I didn't think Philip and Stephanie had chemistry either, but from a story angle it should have made sense with Steve and Kayla versus Victor. But that never happened.

Then they were bringing CC and LS back to the show. Instead of just relying on their history together, I think Dena got the great idea of making Melanie Carly's daughter and with Philip effectively being the closest thing Vivian had to a son (until we got Quinn, anyway), it would cause a higher level of tension and drama to the Carly/Vivian dynamic (which also didn't happen).

I also think someone at Days (Dena? a Sony exec? Tomlin? Corday?) is totally obsessed with Melanie, and they want her as the star of the show. So of course Philip would never be allowed to leave the Total Awesomeness that is Melanie.

The rest I just chalk up to extremely bad writing. Once Philip was free of Morgan, he should have been in the triangle with Lucas and Chloe (the emotion and drama would have been high). Philip never would have given Melanie a second glance. And during the ONS story, Phloe should have been falling in love again. They just started barely doing that when Jay gave his notice (and Philip was still constantly begging Melanie to reconsider).

The only good thing Dena did out of that mess was having Phloe share a child.

But for as long as Days is on the air, I'll always hold out hope that they'll let Phloe fall in love again. :)

Paxton
Member Avatar

Sariah, you know you and I are firmly in agreement on the Ed Scott/Kristen Renton thing. It's just always been less clear to me why they didn't scrap Lucas/Chloe or at least, as you suggest, do a triangle with Philip. I still wouldn't have liked it but it would've been better than what we got. I mean, I still remember feeling like I was waking up out of a bad dream when Morgan had her final scene and Philip was admitting he loved Chloe and then . . . nothing. For months. And then when Philip and Chloe do finally get together again, it's strictly for the plot point of creating a baby and giving Dr. Hypocrite and his daughter Sanctimony a reason to smugly dump Chloe and Philip, respectively. Unfortunately I can't blame Jay for having had E-N-O-U-G-H of Philip panting after a child and not wanting to risk staying and being trapped in that particular nightmare for who knows how much longer.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Sariah
Jul 2 2011, 04:22 PM
Paxton
Jul 2 2011, 03:48 PM
Sariah

Based on the BTS stuff happening at the time, this is my guess:

Ed Scott pimped Morgan and wanted her as the star of the show, so he put her with Philip. It's pretty obvious it wasn't Dena's desire, because she never had them have sex, and Philip never said he loved Morgan. That left Chloe flapping in the breeze, so rather than fire her they put her with Lucas.

Scott and Kristen Renton get fired the same day (which again leads me to believe that Phorgan was his baby). Morgan leaves with Philip telling her he still loves Chloe. Presumably a Lucas/Chloe/Philip triangle should have started.

It was time for Jay to renegotiate his contract. It apparently wasn't going well (the time he cleared out his dressing room and left the set) and rather than put him back with Chloe, they stuck him with Stephanie and Melanie. I'm guessing that it would be easier to write Philip out if he wasn't in a relationship with Chloe, as Phloe were/are a popular pairing. Tomlin had recognized the Phloe chemistry - there was an article in SOD about his reaction to them saying "third time's the charm."

They finally came to terms with Jay, and one of the hallmarks of the previous reigns was the constant stopping/starting/dropping of stories. I think Tomlin wanted to stay the course. So he didn't put Philip back with Chloe and jump story again because he wanted to see stories through. So Chloe was put into a triangle with Daniel and Lucas and Philip with Stephanie and Melanie. I didn't think Philip and Stephanie had chemistry either, but from a story angle it should have made sense with Steve and Kayla versus Victor. But that never happened.

Then they were bringing CC and LS back to the show. Instead of just relying on their history together, I think Dena got the great idea of making Melanie Carly's daughter and with Philip effectively being the closest thing Vivian had to a son (until we got Quinn, anyway), it would cause a higher level of tension and drama to the Carly/Vivian dynamic (which also didn't happen).

I also think someone at Days (Dena? a Sony exec? Tomlin? Corday?) is totally obsessed with Melanie, and they want her as the star of the show. So of course Philip would never be allowed to leave the Total Awesomeness that is Melanie.

The rest I just chalk up to extremely bad writing. Once Philip was free of Morgan, he should have been in the triangle with Lucas and Chloe (the emotion and drama would have been high). Philip never would have given Melanie a second glance. And during the ONS story, Phloe should have been falling in love again. They just started barely doing that when Jay gave his notice (and Philip was still constantly begging Melanie to reconsider).

The only good thing Dena did out of that mess was having Phloe share a child.

But for as long as Days is on the air, I'll always hold out hope that they'll let Phloe fall in love again. :)

I do not think so
it should been brady

phloe problem chloe chose brady over
people had problem shiping phloe was willing to ship them only if they will see chloe chosing philp over brady

the point for lucas and chloe being togther was too keep away

chloe from phillp and later from brady
and lucas from sami
in order to sell new pairing for philp with melanie or stepanie

and sami with rafe or keep with ej

and later to give daniel story which was around oct start have scences with chloe
Edited by Partnersincrime, Jul 2 2011, 04:38 PM.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jul 2 2011, 04:34 PM
Sariah, you know you and I are firmly in agreement on the Ed Scott/Kristen Renton thing. It's just always been less clear to me why they didn't scrap Lucas/Chloe or at least, as you suggest, do a triangle with Philip. I still wouldn't have liked it but it would've been better than what we got. I mean, I still remember feeling like I was waking up out of a bad dream when Morgan had her final scene and Philip was admitting he loved Chloe and then . . . nothing. For months. And then when Philip and Chloe do finally get together again, it's strictly for the plot point of creating a baby and giving Dr. Hypocrite and his daughter Sanctimony a reason to smugly dump Chloe and Philip, respectively. Unfortunately I can't blame Jay for having had E-N-O-U-G-H of Philip panting after a child and not wanting to risk staying and being trapped in that particular nightmare for who knows how much longer.
^^Yep, I can't blame him either. Nadia did an interview not to long ago talking about the time period and saying she basically didn't know what was going on - that while Phorgan were together she played it like she was still in love with Philip and thought they'd reunite Phloe. She said that once Philip said that he loved Chloe, she thought they would be getting back together. And then...they didn't speak again for over a year. Nadia thought it was weird too.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Sariah
Jul 2 2011, 04:39 PM
Paxton
Jul 2 2011, 04:34 PM
^^Yep, I can't blame him either. Nadia did an interview not to long ago talking about the time period and saying she basically didn't know what was going on - that while Phorgan were together she played it like she was still in love with Philip and thought they'd reunite Phloe. She said that once Philip said that he loved Chloe, she thought they would be getting back together. And then...they didn't speak again for over a year. Nadia thought it was weird too.
even bryan thought the phloe getting back togther

and he and nadia did not see stroy for chloe and lucas

Paxton
Member Avatar

Kyle Lowder's Brady made me want to projectile vomit and was one of the reasons I no longer bothered to tune into Days even on holidays until I started watching again in 2005, basically right around the time he left. However, because I really like EM's Brady, I think a revisit of Brady/Chloe/Philip could have been interesting, if the writers had bothered to really delve into what happened with Brady and Chloe's marriage, a subject they've shown no interest in at all. I haven't seen any romantic chemistry between EM and Nadia, but they haven't had any material that would create any spark so that could be why. I doubt I would ever think they have explosive chemistry but I could certainly see them pulling off a story involving lingering attraction and regrets over the failure of a marriage they once thought was a fairy tale. I still like Philip and Chloe much better as an endgame result, but at least with EM I would have found Broe 2.0 watchable instead of laughable as I thought Broe 1.0 was.

slightlyamused

Paxton
Jul 2 2011, 04:57 PM
Kyle Lowder's Brady made me want to projectile vomit and was one of the reasons I no longer bothered to tune into Days even on holidays until I started watching again in 2005, basically right around the time he left. However, because I really like EM's Brady, I think a revisit of Brady/Chloe/Philip could have been interesting, if the writers had bothered to really delve into what happened with Brady and Chloe's marriage, a subject they've shown no interest in at all. I haven't seen any romantic chemistry between EM and Nadia, but they haven't had any material that would create any spark so that could be why. I doubt I would ever think they have explosive chemistry but I could certainly see them pulling off a story involving lingering attraction and regrets over the failure of a marriage they once thought was a fairy tale. I still like Philip and Chloe much better as an endgame result, but at least with EM I would have found Broe 2.0 watchable instead of laughable as I thought Broe 1.0 was.
You don't want Bricole?

Paxton
Member Avatar

slightlyamused
Jul 2 2011, 05:00 PM
You don't want Bricole?
Right now I don't want any couple in particular. I don't know what the new writers are going to do and how they're going to fix/change the partially-to-utterly-ruined characters that are still left onscreen. I also don't know who's returning and how that will impact who's on canvas. I like Brady and Nicole individually but a lot of damage has been done to their relationship--and that's not even counting Brady's new and unexplained infatuation with Typhoid Melanie. I want the characters fixed first before I can worry about couples.

lysie
Member Avatar

I really thought Monday's episode would be on youtube by now.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply