Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OZ
Topic Started: Jul 7 2011, 10:16 AM (1,909 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

So I started the series OZ...started at Season 2..episode 4... why because of Chris Meloni..Duh :wub: ;) OMG..this show is so awesome! HBO GO has posted the entire series.. Yay!!!

Chris Meloni in the freakin Nude!!!! Yeah.. in the nude!!!!!!!!! :sheep:

BTW.. I freakin love HBO..they are saving me tons of money.. :D Now I want have to buy the DVDs..

Why can't Showtime do this.. :(
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

I watched that show YEARS ago. I have mixed reactions. While I think the storylines were pretty good and realistic, it sort of gave me the creeps. My favorite character was Ryan O'Reily for some reason.
Edited by LPS, Jul 7 2011, 11:44 AM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

LPS
Jul 7 2011, 11:41 AM
I watched that show YEARS ago. I have mixed reactions. While I think the storylines were pretty good and realistic, it sort of gave me the creeps. My favorite character was Ryan O'Reily for some reason.
Alvarez was my favourite, because he was the most complex character, but Ryan was a close second for me.

Mason

Keller was mine....and not just because of delicious Meloni's nudity (though it didn't hurt, LoL)!

I also loved Rita Moreno and Lauren Velez, the latter being quite an underrated actress.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Keller is my favorite... I like how complex he is.. There's a love story brewing between Keller and Beecher..

I am watching Season 2 Episode 7 where all the prisoners gave the old guy the money for his grandson.. I love they show this sentiment amongst all the chaos...

Another thought, I wonder why they have they guy with dreads narrating..its strange but it works.. :)

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

I watched the show from the beginning until the end I still watch the reruns from time to time.

six
Member Avatar

I liked Ryan and Adebisi the most and the priest, whose name I don't recall.

Daytime
Member Avatar

The priest was name Father Ray.. I had no idea that so many Law and Order alums was on this show. I remember the dude that played Orielly was in season 1 of SVU.

I'm on season 3.. Adebesi is scary especially when he went crazy. Him getting revenge on Nappa by sticking him with and infected needle was all kinds of whacked.

Beecher sharpening his fingernails and killing that prison gaurd left me speechless! I was like who thinks of something like that. :D

I am liking Orielly..he's quick tempered but under the circumstances I understand why he was so upset.

I'm enjoying the series so far..I hope it continues to
get better. :D
Edited by Daytime, Jul 8 2011, 12:05 AM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

You should watch from season 1.

Daytime
Member Avatar

I was just about to say that.. I need understand why some of things are happening..I was fresh out of high school when this show started and never gave a thought, but its wonderful.. I think the writing is pretty awesome!

I'm finish with season 2 and 3 but before I go any further, I am going to go back to season 1.

six
Member Avatar

Daytime
Jul 7 2011, 11:58 PM
The priest was name Father Ray.. I had no idea that so many Law and Order alums was on this show. I remember the dude that played Orielly was in season 1 of SVU.

Thanks. As for L&O, yea you're going to see that a lot. There's a bunch of crossover actors between Oz, L&O and Homicide Life on the Street.

Mason

Oz and Homicide: Life on the Street were created by the same guy (Tom Fontana), so I'm sure that's why a lot of actors appeared on both. I've never been sure about the Oz/L&O: SVU connection, though.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Here's a list of all Law and Order actors and actresses that appeared in Oz...

* Christopher Meloni played Chris Keller on "OZ" and Elliot Stabler on "Law & Order: SVU".
* Lauren Velez played Dr. Gloria Nathan on "OZ" and Stephanie Jameau on "Law & Order: SVU".
* David Zayas played Enrique Morales on "OZ" and John Mireles on "Law & Order."
* Dean Winters played Ryan O'Reilly on "OZ" and Detective Brian Cassidy on "Law & Order: SVU".
* Lee Tergesen played Tobias Beecher on "OZ" and Keith Ramsey on "Law & Order."
* B.D. Wong played Father Ray Mukada on "OZ" and Dr. George Huang on "Law & Order: SVU".
* J.K. Simmons played Vern Schillinger on "OZ" and Dr. Emil Skoda on "Law & Order" and "Law & Order SVU".
* Edie Falco played Diane Whittlesey on "OZ" and Sally Bell on "Law & Order."
* R.E. Rodgers played James Robson on "OZ" and Darryl Kern on "Law & Order: SVU".
* Anthony Chisholm played Burr Redding on "OZ" and Leroy Russell on "Law & Order: SVU".
* Kathryn Ebre played Shirley Bellinger on "OZ" and Detective Alexandra Eames on "Law & Order: Criminal Intent".
* Luis Guzmán played Raoul 'El Cid' Hernandez on "OZ" and Cesar Pescador on "Law & Order".
* Robert Clohessy played Officer Sean Murphy on "OZ" and Kenny Peluso, Robert Telford and "Painter" on "Law & Order", Lt. Roger Lemoyne and Phil LeGrand on "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" and Joel Parven and Vinnie on "Law & Order: SVU".
* Rita Moreno played Sister Peter Marie Reimondo on "OZ" and Mildred Quintana on the special two-hour crossover episode of "Law & Order: SVU" and "Law & Order: Trial By Jury".

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_actors_have_appeared_in_both_the_HBO_series_Oz_and_any_of_the_Law_and_Order_series#ixzz1RfEx0jQ9

Daytime
Member Avatar

I am finish with season 1, I finally understand the hatred between Beecher and Schillenger. I can't believe what he put Beecher through. I was glad when Beecher finally got his revenge by taking a dump on Schillenger's face... that was freakin epic!!! lol

six
Member Avatar

Mason
Jul 9 2011, 02:18 PM
Oz and Homicide: Life on the Street were created by the same guy (Tom Fontana), so I'm sure that's why a lot of actors appeared on both. I've never been sure about the Oz/L&O: SVU connection, though.
Dick Wolf (L&O) producer and Tom Fontana are best friends. That's why there were a few Homicide/SVU crossovers and why there was a Detective Fontana on L&O.

Daytime
Member Avatar

So I finally finished Oz.....

The prisoners that had my sympathies throughout was Beecher, Alverez, Omar White, and Cyril. I felt they really tried the hardest to change but circumstances kept drawing them into crap.. :(

Prisoners that sometimes had my sympathies were Ryan O'reily and Chris Keller...They were completely sh*tty toward others but Ryan's love for his brother and Keller's love for Beecher made them more sympathetic..

Beecher and Keller was one of the most complicated relationships ever! ..The love was there but they kept hurting each other.. :shame: I was so mad at Keller for messing with Beecher's parole.. shame on him!!!! Then when Beecher wouldn't forgive him he through himself over the railings...who does something like that!!!

Another friendship that drew me in was between Said and Beecher..While all the racial tensions escalated they still remained friends. My highlight was watching Said transform from arrogance to more understanding. I also liked they showed him falling from time to time, it made him more human.

Another aspect that stuck out at me about this series, is the fact they showed how prison life spills over the outside world..so many deaths happened to love ones because of prison shenanigans.. Hank having Beecher's kid killed totally broke my heart..watching those scenes where Beecher is in his cell crying brought tears to my eyes...I cried like a baby... :(

The prisoners I hated the most and stood up and clapped when they were killed off was, Timmy Kirk, Adebesi, and Schillenger. :cheer: :applause:

Howell and Querns, were the most hated staff...Howell was totally gross... :x I think she slept with almost every inmate and Querns was just dirty... I knew Howell would end up pregnant.. lol

Things that disappointed me was them executing Cyril, also Alverez and Beecher not getting paroled.. :(

Things I was happy with at the end was Keller's little gift to the Aryans in the mail room...lol :lol:
Edited by Daytime, Jul 25 2011, 09:49 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply