Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interesting/spoilerish tweets, week of 7/4; Twitter/FB list in first post
Topic Started: Jul 2 2011, 08:51 PM (7,955 Views)
slightlyamused

Marlena and Sami are one in the same to me, they both suck ass!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

six
Jul 6 2011, 01:47 PM
luvdayssafe
Jul 6 2011, 01:17 PM
six
Jul 6 2011, 01:02 PM
luvdayssafe
Jul 6 2011, 11:45 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deephttps://twitter.com/heyjude14/status/88614927085998082
Next week's promo is all about EJ.

https://twitter.com/heyjude14/status/88615244250873856
Days comes back from hiatus next week and there's so much happening i including a behind the scenes shoot...more teases to come.
What I'm saying is that, absent a miracle, we're not ever going to see equal airtime for everyone. Days just doesn't have the money to give the DH's, PR, KA etc. similar episode guarantees to the ones they can give JS, AS, GG etc. Your feelings about EJ are very similar to my feelings on Rafe, but I'm not about to hold my breath and hope we see less of him, because I know GG comes cheap.
I guess I mean more so that they mix the young with the old and give ALL the storylines attention and care to make them ALL good wether ABCDetc in line. Instead of overusing some and under using others for months and leaving their stories hanging only to have them do something that we bitch about when they do reappear or because of plot have Dena rewrite what she wrote a couple episodes before leaving us going WTF. Namely for a characters motivation to do something when she does a piss poor job of showing us but tells us and expects us to by it case and point EJaylor's magic scarf insta love or Brady suddenly caring about Ari after she wasn't mentioned for months and after we already no longer care because like with most things she would drop the ball and migrear opportunities to take sls in. at a time. I find it laughable that the first time Roman was used in months was for the spoof episode and that shows me what a joke his character is thought to be and I don't even care for him. DH had her clear favs and I would like all the characters given the opportunity and their time to shine wether they lead story or not for a while and I think that was a big problem with DH she constantly had one main character or two lead story storyline after same recycled storyline :shame: I am hoping the new PTB maybe put those that lead story in supporting roles for a while which is what I think will happen with Will's story. That does not mean that the supporting players are not seen I still want them to be. But I just think that with EJOLE SAFE Quadrangle for example as it was dubbed the "A" story and the one DH put most effort in, that if you werent part of it you were ignored namely what happened to Brady when they were going with EJole again after the Viv in a coffin comic relief and that is not right IMO. Of course they have money restraints but they can diversify the cast instead of keeping them interacting with their locker room partners and no one else. I am much looking forward to Victor Sonny and JM scenes with Sami Brady and Rafe because it brings back the familial aspect and since they werent seen in three years it will be a nice and fresh change because what the other soaps do right that DAYS hasn't is utilize the young as much as the older cast and mix them together. That is what I want to see more of on DAYS. DH favouring one sl over the rest is also what created the lack of consistency which I also hope improves and Corday did say that money was no object anymore so I do think we will see improvements especially if he is willing to splurge for new sets that I am hoping we will see the characters actually working again for a nice change of pace.
Okay, I think we can all agree with most of that. The show definitely suffered from the lack of balance and from the character segregation.

I'd like to see everyone in the quad shaken up. IMO, we've seen enough of ejole and safe vs EJ for awhile. Let all those characters mix in with Jarlena/Justin & Adrienne etc.
That's all I want to see. :) :cart:

slightlyamused

Casey
Jul 6 2011, 01:49 PM
slightlyamused
Jul 6 2011, 01:46 PM
itsalovestory84
Jul 6 2011, 11:55 AM
I never liked John nor Marlena, either together or separate.
I loved John/Kristen and I hated Marlena no matter what. She was so full of her self-righteous hypocritical cheating ass!!! Oh like mother like daughter haha!
I don't even think it's fair to compare Sami to Marlena. Sami is far worse.
How is it not fair? They are both hypocrites, both cheaters, both so full of their own virtue (which is a joke btw)...I think it's pretty damn fair if you ask me.
Edited by slightlyamused, Jul 6 2011, 01:52 PM.

slightlyamused

OhMyMadeleine
Jul 6 2011, 12:50 PM
I've never understood the appeal of John and Marlena. Yeah, I understand that they're the "faces of the franchise" but I always just saw them as the gross old people who liked to make out. :shrug: They've always been so predictable and boring to me. Even watching old clips on YouTube...yeah it's better than what we have now but there are so many more interesting characters. :peek:
I <3 this post!

six
Member Avatar

OhMyMadeleine
I've never understood the appeal of John and Marlena. Yeah, I understand that they're the "faces of the franchise" but I always just saw them as the gross old people who liked to make out. :shrug: They've always been so predictable and boring to me. Even watching old clips on YouTube...yeah it's better than what we have now but there are so many more interesting characters. :peek:
On the bold, that definitely describes their last five or so years as a couple. I hope when they come back, they're planning to do something else besides have sex and slurp at each other's faces. Ugh. :unsure:

slightlyamused

oh god why must we be stuck with J-bone and Marlena-hump-me-a-lot when they could have written for Tony and Anna just as easily UGH!

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Quote:

On the bold, that definitely describes their last five or so years as a couple. I hope when they come back, they're planning to do something else besides have sex and slurp at each other's faces. Ugh. :unsure:
That's why I think it could be good for them if they had their own individual stories. Instead of focusing on them as a couple, focus on John and Marlena as individual characters. Have Marlena get back into the gist of her psychiatric work, and have John work with Bo and Hope on something. They don't need to do the constant breakup/get back together routine with the supercouples. Leave them together, but explore them as individuals.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Can we keep this about tweets and spoilers and not debates on characters and couples? Can you guys find other threads for that please!!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Casey
Jul 6 2011, 02:04 PM
Quote:

That's why I think it could be good for them if they had their own individual stories. Instead of focusing on them as a couple, focus on John and Marlena as individual characters. Have Marlena get back into the gist of her psychiatric work, and have John work with Bo and Hope on something. They don't need to do the constant breakup/get back together routine with the supercouples. Leave them together, but explore them as individuals.
I agree with this. There's also a point where TPTB have to realize that they're writing for people in the 50s/60s and not their 20s/30s. IMO, this applies to a LOT of characters/couples -- the charaters have gotten older, but their stories really haven't. Also, there's a point when certain actors have to realize that if they're going to remain viable and vital to a show, they have to learn how to spend the bulk of their time as supporting players. Their key problems are no longer steamy romance or saving the world, but supporting their children's romances and stories -- which CAN lead to lots of screen time and very good acting moments. I think I read once where Don Hastings (Bob, ATWT) was once lamenting the lack of air & story time his character was getting and talking about how much story he once had and how the same level of story is given to a bunch of new people and a producer then point-blank asked him how old he was when he was getting all the story and how old the new people were. And then he never again complained, because it made sense. (of course, I'm paraphrase the story from memory).
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

Casey
Quote:

You bring up a great point too. I would like all the characters to be written as seperate entities from their other half where they have ambitions goals and that the women do things for themselves instead of waiting to be saved by the men all the time. Its okay to have the couples work together and I want to see more of that but don't make the women all about their men or getting a man. That is a problem for Sami Hope Nicole etc under Dena's pen. I also don't think that conflict should always be from a third party ala Die Hackley style but from the couple themselves thats what made JJ so interesting in the past and having couples work through it instead of Dena's bed hopping musical chairs. New PTB if you are reading this PLEASE take note. Couples need drama but there also needs to be stability between couples. Why are Sami's pairings so divided? Because the PTB put soap characters in other parings instead of sticking to one for her and that is wrong. So when I read this or that couple needs to break up or who should so and so end up with I laugh because it is impossible for all of us to agree with I will use Sami since she is the character whose fans are most divided because they never allow her to be happy for long and thrust her in a new pairing while giving hope to the others. While no other characters fans are that divided and that is why the new PTB just need to focous on writing good stories for CHARACTERS first and couples second instead of pleasing all the fans because on any other past or present female besides Sami I can say the majority want
Jennifer with Jack
Hope with Bo
Adrienne with Justin
Steve with Kayla
Shane with Kim
Tony with Anna
John with Marlena
etc and I hope the Sami wars will stop and that they will let her be as well as the other younger characters who they thrust in relationship after relationship. JMO Good stories should come before trying to please all fans which Higley tried to do and it backfired but the good storytelling and devotion of the past couples to each other made everyone agree on who the women should be with and that can happen again with the younger set. With writers who CARE to tell good stories instead of phoning it in which IMO DH was doing.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Jul 6 2011, 02:37 PM.

six
Member Avatar

Matt
Jul 6 2011, 02:14 PM
Casey
Quote:

I agree with this. There's also a point where TPTB have to realize that they're writing for people in the 50s/60s and not their 20s/30s. IMO, this applies to a LOT of characters/couples -- the charaters have gotten older, but their stories really haven't. Also, there's a point when certain actors have to realize that if they're going to remain viable and vital to a show, they have to learn how to spend the bulk of their time as supporting players. Their key problems are no longer steamy romance or saving the world, but supporting their children's romances and stories -- which CAN lead to lots of screen time and very good acting moments. I think I read once where Don Hastings (Bob, ATWT) was once lamenting the lack of air & story time his character was getting and talking about how much story he once had and how the same level of story is given to a bunch of new people and a producer then point-blank asked him how old he was when he was getting all the story and how old the new people were. And then he never again complained, because it made sense. (of course, I'm paraphrase the story from memory).
This is really the best way to do it and for all characters, not just the older set. Soaps are about romance, but that's not all they're about and it's too bad that if you're not in a triangle, you don't have a story. They need to take a look at what Y&R is doing and bring back the business stories.

Kev, I understand your frustration, but which threads on this board ever do stay on topic? It's not like sony where we can start a thread to talk about jarlena in.

Ellie

six
Jul 6 2011, 02:21 PM
Kev, I understand your frustration, but which threads on this board ever do stay on topic? It's not like sony where we can start a thread to talk about jarlena in.
O/T is fine here as long as it's within the flow of the thread (which this is). If there are new tweets posted and this conversation completely drowns them out, or if people start posting the same things over and over, then the mods may step in. But for now, especially where this conversation started from a 'spoilerish tweet', it's totally fine.

When the thread began, we were posting each tweet in the first post so people could see what they were. Then it got to be too many tweets - but we can start doing that again for 'important' ones within the thread, if that would help.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

OhMyMadeleine
I never understood the appeal either. I just find them to be cringeworthy. There is nothing sexy about them expect they are all about slurpping each other up. Ewwwwwwww..... Its disgusting. The few times I tuned in they bored me to tears. Marlena is just so damn annoying. I hate her scantimous attitude, etc...

Drake was a lot interesting when he was Roman.

As for the promo for next week..... more EJ? WTF? Like there isn't enough of that punk ass weasel. Ugh!

Edited by Mirage75, Jul 6 2011, 03:04 PM.

Abbismom
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 6 2011, 01:01 PM
OhMyMadeleine
It's probably because you didn't see their story play out. I'm not old, I'm only 39 and I saw their story and I wasn't a Jarlena fan until the 'affair'....boy they rocked the hell out of that story.....and I think it's not the same seeing pieces of the story on youtube. It doesn't do the story justice.

Someone posted this a while ago in one of the threads here at DR and this is by far the best montage I've seen of "The Affair"....

Wow, that video gave me chills, thank you! It also reminded me of how much the Roman character has fallen...poor guy!

hops
Member Avatar

I'm fine with John and Marlena having some romance (of course they are my favs so why wouldn't I, lol), that is part of who they are and why their fans like them. For me it's not about age, love scenes are for fans. I have no interest in love scenes of other couples on the show, but I don't care if they have them. It's a soap and just because someone is over 50 doesn't mean they are no longer affectionate. I think there is room for everything, for all age groups. Great storylines, interaction between characters and romance for all. Spread the love, lol, and spread the good stories, that's all I care about.
Edited by hops, Jul 6 2011, 03:46 PM.

hops
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi

Someone posted this a while ago in one of the threads here at DR and this is by far the best montage I've seen of "The Affair"....

Love this! :)

Mayholidays

LuvingLumi
OhMyMadeleine
It's probably because you didn't see their story play out. I'm not old, I'm only 39 and I saw their story and I wasn't a Jarlena fan until the 'affair'....boy they rocked the hell out of that story.....and I think it's not the same seeing pieces of the story on youtube. It doesn't do the story justice.

You're right LL,absolutely L<3VE that montage it is soo good :wub: It actually makes me cry every time :'(

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

@Jancat20 Yes a sneak preview of what's to come in September will be produced and most likely run in August
https://twitter.com/#!/heyjude14

six
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jul 6 2011, 02:24 PM
six
Jul 6 2011, 02:21 PM
O/T is fine here as long as it's within the flow of the thread (which this is). If there are new tweets posted and this conversation completely drowns them out, or if people start posting the same things over and over, then the mods may step in. But for now, especially where this conversation started from a 'spoilerish tweet', it's totally fine.

When the thread began, we were posting each tweet in the first post so people could see what they were. Then it got to be too many tweets - but we can start doing that again for 'important' ones within the thread, if that would help.
Good to know we're in the clear. I prefer the more laidback nature over here where the conversations are able to flow naturally.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Jul 6 2011, 04:03 PM
@Jancat20 Yes a sneak preview of what's to come in September will be produced and most likely run in August
https://twitter.com/#!/heyjude14
August 1 hopefully. Okay, I know probably not, but the sooner we can have something to look forward to, the better. The show is beyond awful at the moment and is down a quarter of a million viewers from last summer!!!! They need to give people hope as soon as possible.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply