Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DALLAS picked up by TNT!; 10 episodes to air summer 2012
Topic Started: Jul 8 2011, 11:41 AM (3,945 Views)
Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Mason
Apr 25 2012, 04:47 PM
I agree with him that John Ross should have been good and Christopher bad. The way they're doing it is expected, and it would have been created more interesting dynamics the other way. Anyway, I'm not surprised he's being shut out. Some of the things I've learned about the new series have me less excited for it than I was earlier on.
What types of things have made you less excited? So far, I have seen a couple of plot points that I'm not particularly fond of...

Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

I've stayed mostly spoiler-free, so there are probably many things I don't even know about, but I don't like that
Spoiler: click to toggle

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Mason
Apr 25 2012, 04:47 PM
I agree with him that John Ross should have been good and Christopher bad. The way they're doing it is expected, and it would have been created more interesting dynamics the other way. Anyway, I'm not surprised he's being shut out. Some of the things I've learned about the new series have me less excited for it than I was earlier on.
Someone brought up the idea that this could still possibly happen. We could gradually see John Ross swaying away from his father's bad habits that bring him nothing but pain (and seeing where J.R. is now...it's not that likely he'll still be looking up to him), while Christopher picks them up in order to achieve more as the show progresses. That could provide some good character development. Either way, I still think that Jacobs should be used in at least a small capacity for the show...just having him there for input would be good.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

http://tntnewsroom.com/dallas-tnt-releases-new-promo/

TNT released a new promo with a mixture of old and new clips. I never realized this before but Josh Henderson has both a green and blue eye due to heterochromia.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Casey
Apr 25 2012, 01:29 PM
EXCLUSIVE: David Jacobs, creator of “Dallas” and “ Knots Landing,” tells me he’s been excluded entirely from the coming reboot of the famous series on TNT. He will get to keep his “created by” credit, but nothing else, no money, and no participation. “I’ll get the $714 Writers Guild fee for a sequel,” Jacobs says. J
Quote:

When he inquired about it, he says he told everyone — including new head writer Cynthia Cidre–that he was essentially retired and didn’t want to write the show. “I didn’t want any authority,”

But now he spit messy words yeah,why David Jacobs couldn't hush the hell up until the premiere was shown, I can't stand when original creatives do this after the fact if he didn't want anything to do with the re-boot then why drop the verbal turds he done here?: :eyeroll: Tell ya why! It's All about that ALMIGHTY $dollar the new powers didn't serve'em the way he wanted so now him bitch.... #FucOuttaHere

Mason
Member Avatar

He should have been able to give input, though. God knows he has more insight into these characters than Cidre (in whom I have increasingly less faith) probably does.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

I still going watch it and give it a chance.

Edge1978
Member Avatar

I really want to watch this, I really really do. My partner is a HUGE Dallas fan, and for years he has been saying he wasn't sure they wouldn't do a new Dallas with the next generation, and viola here you have it. BUT I can't get past Jesse Metcalfe and his awful acting. :(

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I am excited for it,I have a friend who is Dallas obsessed and will not stop talking about it,even having a Dallas Party the night it premieres.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Dallas is a very well known TV brand. Id be shocked to see it do terrible. Cable has far lower rating standards.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply