Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Men of a Certain Age Canceled; to make room for "Dallas" reboot
Topic Started: Jul 15 2011, 04:20 PM (335 Views)
King
Member Avatar

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/15/men-of-a-certain-age-cancelled/

Men of a Certain Age isnít getting any older.

After returning to low ratings, TNT has declined to pick up a third season of the acclaimed series about a trio of middle-aged men. The news comes a day after co-star Andre Braugher scored a second Emmy nomination for the show and helps make room for the networkís new drama, a reboot of 1980s hit Dallas. Hereís a statement from the network:

ďTNT has been proud to be a part of Men of a Certain Age for two seasons. While the show has featured great storytelling and impeccable performances, the audience simply hasnít built to the point where we can continue the series. This was an extremely difficult decision for us. We wish Ray Romano, Mike Royce and the terrific cast and crew of Men of a Certain Age the very best and look forward to exploring new programming possibilities in the future.Ē
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

I'm surprised they say it was cancelled because of the new Dallas. However, TNT does have several middle of the pack performers. Men of a Certain Age would of been better on AMC or a network along those lines. I've heard it was a well written show, but have never watched it. Didn't TNT air it at 10? That seems late for the audience it would probably cater to.

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Meow This!

One of the best written dramas, I'm beyond bitter that it was cancelled....I hope Dallas flops!

KMan101
Member Avatar

I'm all for the Dallas revival, but even I don't know that I see it doing extremely well. But maybe because it's a primetime soap and it's only going to have shorter seasons, it might surprise us.

Mason
Member Avatar

Well, it's on cable, so it really doesn't have to perform that well, LoL.

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Meow This!

(Pouts)

Mason
Member Avatar

*offers SBG a plate of chicken wings as consolation*

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Meow This!

(Tearfully takes plate of wings, thanks Masonkins)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply