Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 7/18; Twitter/FB list in first post
Topic Started: Jul 17 2011, 10:17 AM (59,981 Views)
Ellie

tomsawyer
Jul 22 2011, 05:36 PM
AHM
Jul 22 2011, 05:24 PM
Well, Days Cafe has a lovely spoiler for September:
"Jennifer is torn between two lovers." Yay.
Don't make her suffer being torn between her great love and her Boring Replacement, Jack. Turn your back on her. Walk away.

Also, we have now heard that Jack will be appearing before September. Will it be a flashback? I really think they need to give us some flashbacks too, but I'm kind of hoping to see Jack suffering in some hole.
No, they just make up shit from the legit spoilers and rumors out there. All they know is what we know... Jack is coming back and will obviously be in Jennifer's story.
Correct, and we ask that their spoilers not be posted here. Thanks!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AHM

^Sorry. Didn't know.
Edited by AHM, Jul 22 2011, 06:00 PM.

CalAggie87

I was wonder do people post their hatred for Dan, Melanie and Dannifer so that the new HW gets a clue? Because there seems to be virtually no one who likes the pairing, and few who like Dan or his daughter. I would hope that the new writers pay attention to this and actually fix things, because if they do not then they are no better than Dena who did what she wanted and to hell with the fans.

lysie
Member Avatar

CalAggie87
Jul 22 2011, 05:59 PM
I was wonder do people post their hatred for Dan, Melanie and Dannifer so that the new HW gets a clue? Because there seems to be virtually no one who likes the pairing, and few who like Dan or his daughter. I would hope that the new writers pay attention to this and actually fix things, because if they do not then they are no better than Dena who did what she wanted and to hell with the fans.
All the time.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Matt
Jul 22 2011, 03:42 PM
This reminds me of another phenomenon that I DO NOT understand -- instant shipping. They could announce that they were bringing on popular actress Mary Sue Jenkins from "The Sun Also Sets" to be paired with EJ, but she won't appear on-air until January. If they make that announcement tomorrow, by MONDAY you'll see people with Ship banners in their sigs, full message boards set up to root for the couple, fanlistings, fanclubs, Twitter aliases, etc. FOR A COUPLE WHO HASN'T EVEN BEEN ON THE AIR. Someone explain to me how the fuck you can ship or root for a couple who, not only haven't shared a single scene together, but hasn't even started AIRING yet?! :blink: :shrug:
I'm so glad that I'm not alone in NOT understanding this behavior. I made a similar statement on another board regarding a mb established for the Sonny & Will couple, and I was told that I was being negative and intentionally harshing people's squee.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

lysie
Jul 22 2011, 06:03 PM
CalAggie87
All the time.
Seriously. I alone am responsible for 95% of this board's Daniel and Melanie hatred. I have also trashed Dannifer--to a lesser extent, but hey, I'm only one woman.

AHM

CalAggie87
Jul 22 2011, 05:36 PM
I want a little of both, scenes with Jack with Adrienne, Jennifer, his reporter stuff. I also would like to see the scene when he found out Adrienne gave birth and she named him Jackson in honor of Jack. But then scenes of Jack in some hell hole, actually that is how they can tie in the flashbacks. Maybe some flashbacks to how and why he was taken.
That would be ideal. Scenes of Jack looking disgustedly upon his gruel (though it's probably better than Jennifer's meatloaf---was it meatloaf?---anyway I remember him forcing down some awful attempt Jennifer made at cooking) and flashbacks. It would make sense for him to have flashbacks while he's suffering horribly wherever it is he's being held. (It's true, CalAggie, we do kind of like our boy to suffer sometimes---most of us are hoping for him to come back to find everyone had been having a lovely old time trashing him and then go all bitter and betrayed and disillusioned again too.)

I've thought it would be really, really nice if Jennifer/Abby could have moments of actually missing Jack with some flashbacks too. I figure they can use flashbacks with the younger Abbys before Ashley Benson.

AHM

Paxton
Jul 22 2011, 06:10 PM
lysie
CalAggie87
All the time.
Seriously. I alone am responsible for 95% of this board's Daniel and Melanie hatred. I have also trashed Dannifer--to a lesser extent, but hey, I'm only one woman.
That's true, Paxton, and I thank you for your efforts. I try to chip in some too.
Edited by AHM, Jul 22 2011, 06:20 PM.

Taelyn

slightlyamused
Jul 21 2011, 07:16 PM
Vicky4Mimi
Jul 21 2011, 07:13 PM
slightlyamused
Jul 21 2011, 07:07 PM
I for one would love to have Lucas back if for no other reason than to see his reaction to Rafe usurping his role of father to his kids.
If Lucas came back Rafe would step back and let him be in control of the kids. It was RAFE who expressed his concern over keeping Johnny from EJ when they first got custody after Sami finally shot EJ. Even after all that EJ had done, Rafe still thought they should work out something for the kids. (One of the only times I have ever disagreed with Rafe--and Sami also disagreed)
I've never seen Rafe actively establishing himself as "Step-father" I have however seen him act as father and the only father that Will and Allie have. That's just me. I don't think Rafe is as altruistic as some would like to believe. Again just me. NOT SPEAKING FOR ANYONE ELSE.
I dont understand how one acts as a "StepFather" oppossed to acting as a "Father",

I didnt know there was a guideline that step parents had to follow so that they dont cross the invisible line into actual "Parenthood".
Ofcourse every family dynamic is different, I understand.. But Im sure glad we didnt have that booklet in my home.
I treat my "step siblings" as siblings.. Love them with all my heart. My Step Mother God rest her soul was a wonderful Mom, and she loved all us kids, even the ones she didnt give birth to. And my loving her in NO WAY overshadowed the love I have for my real Mom who is my world.

Im sure there are other step parent/child dynamics that maybe are less loving the one I was blessed with.. But I think thats because There was never a jealousy problem with my parents, They had nothing to prove and were confident in there childrens love. We were not used to play head games.. Neither tried to out do the other.. They all just loved us kids. And treated eachother with respect.

Rafe is acting in a loving and caring way to Sami's kids.. Would it be better if she married some indifferent cold jerk who didnt give a damn about her kids? Would you like him more if that were the case? Is it so hard to imagine Rafe actually coming to love a sweet kid like Johnny? Or a precious angel like Sydney, and Ally?
And truly he acts more like a friend to Will.. He has never tried to be more to Will than Will has asked of him.
Im just glad that Lucas is being written as a confident father, who knows and trusts that his children love him.. Because he knows Nobody can take his place in their life, but that a childs heart is big enough to love others too.
He does not seem threatened by Rafe.. I think suggesting he should be is kinda insulting to his character.. IMHO.

I would think any woman who re-marries and brings a man into her childrens lives would want him to be there, and ready to love and protect her children.. The only person who can steal a childs love for their parent.. Is the parent themself... Kinda like what EJ did when Johnny saw his Dad for the Monster he is. And it took alot, He had already been through the fiasco with having to make secret signals with his mom just to express their love. So it didnt take much to push Johnny over the edge when he found out his Daddy was srtill hurting his Mom and Rafe.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

Paxton
lysie
CalAggie87
All the time.
I'll gladly pitch in. I despise the whole set of characters. If we are persistant, they will listen. Look at what we have been able to accomplish thus far.....Higley is gone, Tomlin is gone, Fan Favorites are back, and we are even getting new sets.

Surely taking the focus off of Melanie and Daniel should be easy compared to those accomplishments! Now shifting the focus from Sami may be a bit harder....but she may be saveable! She had history before Higley. Daniel and Melanie do not have that benefit.

daisy132

Taelyn
Jul 22 2011, 06:41 PM
slightlyamused
Jul 21 2011, 07:16 PM
Vicky4Mimi
Jul 21 2011, 07:13 PM
slightlyamused
Jul 21 2011, 07:07 PM
I for one would love to have Lucas back if for no other reason than to see his reaction to Rafe usurping his role of father to his kids.
If Lucas came back Rafe would step back and let him be in control of the kids. It was RAFE who expressed his concern over keeping Johnny from EJ when they first got custody after Sami finally shot EJ. Even after all that EJ had done, Rafe still thought they should work out something for the kids. (One of the only times I have ever disagreed with Rafe--and Sami also disagreed)
I've never seen Rafe actively establishing himself as "Step-father" I have however seen him act as father and the only father that Will and Allie have. That's just me. I don't think Rafe is as altruistic as some would like to believe. Again just me. NOT SPEAKING FOR ANYONE ELSE.
I dont understand how one acts as a "StepFather" oppossed to acting as a "Father",

I didnt know there was a guideline that step parents had to follow so that they dont cross the invisible line into actual "Parenthood".
Ofcourse every family dynamic is different, I understand.. But Im sure glad we didnt have that booklet in my home.
I treat my "step siblings" as siblings.. Love them with all my heart. My Step Mother God rest her soul was a wonderful Mom, and she loved all us kids, even the ones she didnt give birth to. And my loving her in NO WAY overshadowed the love I have for my real Mom who is my world.

Im sure there are other step parent/child dynamics that maybe are less loving the one I was blessed with.. But I think thats because There was never a jealousy problem with my parents, They had nothing to prove and were confident in there childrens love. We were not used to play head games.. Neither tried to out do the other.. They all just loved us kids. And treated eachother with respect.

Rafe is acting in a loving and caring way to Sami's kids.. Would it be better if she married some indifferent cold jerk who didnt give a damn about her kids? Would you like him more if that were the case? Is it so hard to imagine Rafe actually coming to love a sweet kid like Johnny? Or a precious angel like Sydney, and Ally?
And truly he acts more like a friend to Will.. He has never tried to be more to Will than Will has asked of him.
Im just glad that Lucas is being written as a confident father, who knows and trusts that his children love him.. Because he knows Nobody can take his place in their life, but that a childs heart is big enough to love others too.
He does not seem threatened by Rafe.. I think suggesting he should be is kinda insulting to his character.. IMHO.

I would think any woman who re-marries and brings a man into her childrens lives would want him to be there, and ready to love and protect her children.. The only person who can steal a childs love for their parent.. Is the parent themself... Kinda like what EJ did when Johnny saw his Dad for the Monster he is. And it took alot, He had already been through the fiasco with having to make secret signals with his mom just to express their love. So it didnt take much to push Johnny over the edge when he found out his Daddy was srtill hurting his Mom and Rafe.
And yet EJ still loves his dad in spite of all the damage he's caused him since he was born. Because for better or for worse, Stephano IS his father.

EJ, thank goodness is being slowly rewritten. One constant with him was that he loved his children. He was DRIVEN to exasperation by the mother of his children when she tried to give his kids to her new-found man and keep him from ever seeing them again.

When children have both parents living and loving them, step parents have their place. And it's NOT equal to the parents. The parents do the parenting, step parents keep it consistent and are there for the children as hopefuly good examples and maybe in an "uncle"/"aunt" kind of family rank.

I'm sure that your dad didn't tell you that "you'll never have to worry about your mom again" when he married your step-mom, or your step mom never attempted to get sole custody of you and then never intended for you to see your real mom again. That's what Dena's writing did with Rafe/Safe, and a LOT of the audience resents it. Rafe is not the father of any of Sami's kids and he'll never be.

As for Lucas, Sami didn't try to keep him from seeing his kids, not yet. She did try to give Will to Austin long time ago, so yeah, I think that if she tried it with Rafe, he would have a fit, come to Salem and take his daughter back with him to China.
Edited by daisy132, Jul 22 2011, 09:05 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

daisy132
Jul 22 2011, 07:00 PM
When children have both parents living and loving them, step parents have their place. And it's NOT equal to the parents. The parents do the parenting, step parents keep it consistent and are there for the children as hopefuly good examples and maybe in an "uncle"/"aunt" kind of family rank.
This is not true for all families. It's actually not true for any families I know. There's no set way to be a step parent. It's really something the parents should all work out and talk about together, but there's no right way to do it. There are plenty of wrong ways to do it, though, and EJ, Sami, Rafe, and Nicole have all done it wrong.

Jason47
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 22 2011, 02:59 PM
Supergirlx2
Jul 22 2011, 02:45 PM
KateMansi: Dear chabby... WE can't wait for you to see this episode! October 11 2011 gettin hott in here http://lockerz.com/s/122643255
http://twitter.com/#!/KateMansi/status/94493081205878785
Is this the day they boink?

They r already filming the 11th of October? That is almost 3 months out? Ate they going to take off all of December?
No, but they'll be dark a week in October and November and 2 in December.

They average taping 7 episodes a week. They taped 9/22-9/23-9/26-9/27-9/28-9/29-9/30 last week. So this week, they would have taped 10/3-10/4-10/5-10/6-10/7-10/10-10/11. Right on target with them taping 10/11 today.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

CalAggie87
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8585460&t=8546091

I see tons of hatred for Dan, Melanie and Dannifer posted and not just on this board. It's all over other soap boards as well. There are maybe a handful of Dannifer fans but it seems like they are either hardcore Jack haters, never saw Jack and Jen's love story, or think that Dr. Dude is "like oh so awesome and dreamy" and Jennifer should stick with him. You'd think with all the hatred of Mel, Dan and Dannifer being posted that the writers would get the hint. Alas, they still seem clueless at this point.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

JDeveraux_91
Jul 22 2011, 07:12 PM
CalAggie87

I see tons of hatred for Dan, Melanie and Dannifer posted and not just on this board. It's all over other soap boards as well. There are maybe a handful of Dannifer fans but it seems like they are either hardcore Jack haters, never saw Jack and Jen's love story, or think that Dr. Dude is "like oh so awesome and dreamy" and Jennifer should stick with him. You'd think with all the hatred of Mel, Dan and Dannifer being posted that the writers would get the hint. Alas, they still seem clueless at this point.
i'm not a fan of Dannifer at all, but they obviously do have some fans..One of my coworkers has watched Days for 30 years and likes them better than Jack and Jennifer..Which i thought was crazy...I guess different people have different tastes..

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Paxton
lysie
CalAggie87
All the time.
How Dare You Paxton!!!!! :lol: :cheers: :smooch: :rockon:

blueskies
Member Avatar

JDeveraux_91
Jul 22 2011, 07:12 PM
CalAggie87

I like Dannifer; and I don't hate Jack (love him in fact), I actually hated Dan right up until the truth abt Parker came out (found him to be a creeper), & although I missed Jack/Jen first time around, I saw & loved them (only Bope better) after they returned to Salem last time.

It's just for me, Dan finally has an age-appropriate relationship & i like having Jen back onscreen; plus they really do have this strange awkward chemistry thing going on. Plus of course it was obvious Dannifer was not endgame. JJ will be endgame nomatter what, that much is certain. Just an interesting diversion.

(Not to mention that this is really the only storyline of Dena's I currently like even the tiniest bit.)

KMan101
Member Avatar

I thought DAYS was going to stop taping so far in advance? October already? That's still almost 3 months!

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

https://www.facebook.com/DeidreHallFanPage

Deidre Hall posted this a minute ago on her Facebook,

This ended a long and exciting week of storyline. Finally met up with Molly Dolly and synced up our iPads to play games together. So good to be home. Had the neighbor kids over to pick tomatoes and strawberries. Just gonna hang with Smudge tonight and catch up on Without a Trace. Perfect weather for walking and relaxing with friends. D

Jarlena4Eva
Member Avatar
Jarlena-Holic

AllmyDaysatGh
Jul 22 2011, 08:25 PM
https://www.facebook.com/DeidreHallFanPage

Deidre Hall posted this a minute ago on her Facebook,

This ended a long and exciting week of storyline. Finally met up with Molly Dolly and synced up our iPads to play games together. So good to be home. Had the neighbor kids over to pick tomatoes and strawberries. Just gonna hang with Smudge tonight and catch up on Without a Trace. Perfect weather for walking and relaxing with friends. D
I love Deidre!! I'm so glad she's back! Welcome home to Salem, Dr. Marlena Evans Black, where you belong!!!

3 users reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply