Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Chad chooses Stefano!; Aug 2nd Issue
Topic Started: Jul 22 2011, 08:51 AM (2,674 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

DA Woods tries to make amends with Chad, but he asserts that Stefano is the only man who has been a real father to him. 

Chad's week begins on a bright note -- he and Abigail have their first official, normal date.  They go to the movies and see a romantic comedy.  When they return, Abigail thanks Chad for his thoughtfulness and confesses that she prefers action movies.  Without thinking, Abigail blurts that she loves how considerate Chad is.  "Abigail cares so deeply for Chad," acknowledges Kate Mansi.  "I think that at a really early stage in their relationship, they were thrown into the pitfalls of 'Is this going to work?  Are you in or out?' There is no middle ground for them.  It's the whole reason why they wanted to have a normal first date.  So Abigail sort of flippantly says, 'Yeah, that's one of the things I love about you.' But of course, the deeper meaning here is that Abigail really is falling in love with Chad."

Later, Chad is surprised to receive and apology from DA Woods for the way he treated his "son."  "It's not somehting Chad expected," explains Casey Jon Deidrick.  "It's the first time he's ever apologized to Chad." DA Woods adds that he wants to reconcile with Chad would welcome the chance to be a father to him again.  "It's hard for Chad to accept because this is a guy who was very abusive to him when he was growing up," Deidrick notes.  Chad rejects DA Woods's  offer and informs him that he considers Stefano his father.  "In the short time that Chad's known Stefano, he's been more of a father to him than DA Woods ever was," Deidrick points out.

"Abigail witnesses some of it," says Mansi.  "She's never met DA Woods before, so seeing the interaction between him and Chad is interesting to her.  Abigail knows that he's been hurt by DA Woods.  She feels protective."

Angered by Chad's rejection, DA Woods storms out.  Meanwhile, Abigail reaches out and comforts Chad.  Is Abigail concerned that Chad is feeling closer to Stefano?  "Stefano has done terrible things to Abigail's family," Mansi asserts, "but at the same time, she wants Chad to be happy. The family scars run deep for Chad.  She wants what is best for him."

Scan from: FL

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Zzzz. I wish I cared more about them :( I like both actors and characters, actually. They're just poorly written. Thanks, Higley. Glad you're gone! Maybe the new writers can flesh them out more.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

You know, the Chad and Abby thing has potential, but I could care less about Chad....

KMan101
Member Avatar

Yeah. I actually like Chad when he's given something meaty, and I like the actor, but Chad spent all of 2010 almost invisible, even when we found out he was a DiMera. Such a waste.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Not interested. The DiMeras are boring the crap out of me. So tired of their constant drama. It's boring.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

And I choose not to watch....

Both these actors blend together (and not in a good way)...they're just dull. I miss the first Abby.

six
Member Avatar

I wish I liked Chabby since they're the only people receiving an actual character driven story.

NyCsBaDdEsT
Member Avatar
Sami who?

I actually like Chad and Abby together. I wish I was more interested in their storyline though, because as of now, it's been boring me to tears.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I am loving this story, I love Chad and Abby: love the Dimera blood :rockon:

I am in the minority again? I guess I should be use to it.
Edited by JamesScott_19, Jul 22 2011, 09:36 AM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

When did CD start going by Casey Jon Diedrick? Chubby is pretty whatever. They are definitely better than Wabi but that's not saying much.

Abbismom
Member Avatar

Hmmm, there may be potential here to get Chad and Abby's s/l going, because right now they are pretty boring together. I have really grown to like Chad though...very hot, good actor, so more screen time is okay by me!

james0479
Member Avatar

I'm going to step out on the minority limb here and say: I kinda dig Chad and Abby! I was not a fan of having Chad become a Dimera....it seemed ridiculous, contrived and tired. However, since becoming Chad Dimera, CJD has improved tremendously. Thankfully, he stopped doing that weird OTT eye thing he used to do. But, he's improved as an actor and that's always cool to see. I'm enjoying NuAbby and I think she will get even better in time. The writing needs work and we all know that problem is being repaired. I'm liking the relationship and look forward to see it with the new writers material.

Ginger
Member Avatar

Hey, I like them too!

I think they're better than the typical teen couple. Both actors are holding their own and are likable. The only thing I would fault is that Abby is a bit too directive about what Chad should / should not do. It's too early in the relationship for that kind of thing, and actually sends signals of "Run, Dude, now while you can still get out" but I fault the writers and not the actors for that.

AHM

Chad and Abby aren't doing much for me now, but I think there's some potential. I can't wait to see Abby and Jack in a scene together. I hope I start to find her character more interesting once Jack comes into her story. I wonder what he'll think of Chad. As I recall, the only DiMera that really gave Jack trouble was Tony/Andre, and he's not around. Well, I guess Stefano brainwashed and used Jack's brother for years, which has always struck me as odd since Lawrence was behind Steve's "death" . . . if they play the "DiMeras have been holding Jack prisoner" card, that will create some drama for Chad and Abby, but I know some people are sick of the DiMeras being behind everything.
Edited by AHM, Jul 22 2011, 12:00 PM.

james0479
Member Avatar

IF the Dimeras are behind Jack's disappearance that would obviously be a killer story for Chad and Abby. Talk about some conflict. Geez! Lol. It seems like the most interesting way to go. But who knows. This IS Days Of Our Lives after all. But that sure beats this "walkabout" nonsense. Thank God Dena is gone. That just simply can't be said enough!

AHM

^Yeah, the DiMeras being behind everything is sort of tired maybe (though I don't really mind, as that's kinda their thing), and I think it would be very good for the Chad/Abby story.

james0479
Member Avatar

I'll be glad when the inevitable ax falls on Gabi so we can call Abigail Abby again. Nothing against Gabi per se, but she's rather dull. At least, Abigail has some spunk. I can't blame the actress who plays Gabi....she's not bad at all. The writing is just not there for her. Maybe the gay story will spice her up a bit

AHM

^Gabi has never really gotten anything interesting to do. I imagine they're keeping her around for some Will angst, but I don't think she'll be missed if they cut her. Though maybe she'll really wow us in the Will story, though I doubt it. And, yeah, I kinda liked Jack being the only one who really called Abby "Abigail".

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

lysie
Jul 22 2011, 08:51 AM
DA Woods tries to make amends with Chad, but he asserts that Stefano is the only man who has been a real father to him. 

Chad's week begins on a bright note -- he and Abigail have their first official, normal date.  They go to the movies and see a romantic comedy.  When they return, Abigail thanks Chad for his thoughtfulness and confesses that she prefers action movies.  Without thinking, Abigail blurts that she loves how considerate Chad is.  "Abigail cares so deeply for Chad," acknowledges Kate Mansi.  "I think that at a really early stage in their relationship, they were thrown into the pitfalls of 'Is this going to work?  Are you in or out?' There is no middle ground for them.  It's the whole reason why they wanted to have a normal first date.  So Abigail sort of flippantly says, 'Yeah, that's one of the things I love about you.' But of course, the deeper meaning here is that Abigail really is falling in love with Chad."

Later, Chad is surprised to receive and apology from DA Woods for the way he treated his "son."  "It's not somehting Chad expected," explains Casey Jon Deidrick.  "It's the first time he's ever apologized to Chad." DA Woods adds that he wants to reconcile with Chad would welcome the chance to be a father to him again.  "It's hard for Chad to accept because this is a guy who was very abusive to him when he was growing up," Deidrick notes.  Chad rejects DA Woods's  offer and informs him that he considers Stefano his father.  "In the short time that Chad's known Stefano, he's been more of a father to him than DA Woods ever was," Deidrick points out.

"Abigail witnesses some of it," says Mansi.  "She's never met DA Woods before, so seeing the interaction between him and Chad is interesting to her.  Abigail knows that he's been hurt by DA Woods.  She feels protective."

Angered by Chad's rejection, DA Woods storms out.  Meanwhile, Abigail reaches out and comforts Chad.  Is Abigail concerned that Chad is feeling closer to Stefano?  "Stefano has done terrible things to Abigail's family," Mansi asserts, "but at the same time, she wants Chad to be happy. The family scars run deep for Chad.  She wants what is best for him."

Scan from: FL

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

So intriguing! :sarcasm:

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

james0479
Jul 22 2011, 12:24 PM
I'll be glad when the inevitable ax falls on Gabi so we can call Abigail Abby again. Nothing against Gabi per se, but she's rather dull. At least, Abigail has some spunk. I can't blame the actress who plays Gabi....she's not bad at all. The writing is just not there for her. Maybe the gay story will spice her up a bit
AGREED! Yet one MORE reason to get rid of Gabi/Camila Banus!

I am so tired of ABIGAIL...fuck her name is Abby...only Jack called her Abigail, it made it special...Dena & Co fucking ruined that too! So glad that bitch is gone!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply