Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: SID Interview With Jessica Collins (Avery Clark); Is She Related To Matt Clark?
Topic Started: Jul 25 2011, 10:16 AM (3,493 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS' Sharon just may have a chance of staying out of jail -- in the form of her new attorney, Avery Bailey Clark, who's being played by daytime vet Jessica Collins (Dinah Lee, LOVING.) "I was always open to returning to daytime," the actress tells Soaps In Depth. "But it had to be for the right role. This one happened really quickly. Y&R called me and I read the part and I was interested in the character immediately. The timing was right. I felt this was a good fit for me."

Collins, who is on contract with the soap, had only taped about four episodes when she spoke to us, so she's still learning about Avery. We asked if she might be related to Matt Clark, the former Y&R bad boy, played by Eddie Cibrian, who raped Sharon. (Viewers were recently reminded of Matt in the July 4th Sharon-centric episode.) "That's the first I've heard of that," chuckles Collins about a Matt/Avery connection. I don't know much Eddie and I look alike but that's never stopped anything in daytime!"

Any familial dynamics Avery may -- or may not -- have will unfold over time. Meanwhile, there's a more pressing question: will Avery get Sharon's guilty verdict reversed? Collins hopes so. "These are the types of cases -- no pun intended -- that Avery lives for. She's dedicated her life to righting the wrongs of the system. She's started up an Innocence Project. She's not in it for the money. She's not a glamorous lawyer. She's a bit on the clunky side. I describe her more as a 'broad' than a lady."

Watch for Collins to make her Y&R debut on Wednesday, July 27.

http://cbs.soapsindepth.com/2011/07/meet-yrs-newest-legal-eagle.html
Quote Post Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Not in it for the money huh?
Once Victor lays a fat retainer on her and puts her up at the Club with an unlimited expense acct, she'll be in it for the money. lol
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Leisha
Member Avatar

Another new character on contract? There too many characters with stories hanging or half finished. Why do they need another lawyer, doesn't Victor have Micheal and Heather? Why not use Leslie, I wouldn't mind seeing more of her? Maybe this means they will get rid of Heather?

juddry

They have been trying to find a new lady love for Nick. He has had so so storylines for awhile. The Diane - Nick chemistry did not work. Phyllis and Nick ship has sailed. They have been on and off for almost 6 years. However it will be what MS wants- she seems to get what she wants in material and if she wants JM in her storylines that is what the writers will give us.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply