Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Alan Ball says: "True Blood Renewed!"; Alan Ball to leave down the line?
Topic Started: Aug 1 2011, 09:30 PM (191 Views)
Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Though not yet confirmed by HBO, the showrunner has stated that the popular fantasy drama has been renewed for a fifth season and he is also set to return.

Sookie journeys away from Bon Temps; Eric and Bill try to win back the human public; Jason learns that no good deed goes unpunished; Tara finds refuge in close quarters; Sam bonds with his own; Hoyt and Jessica debate the dinner menu; Jesus urges Lafayette to join a coven; Terry tries to alleviate Arlene's fears about the baby.

During the HBO presentation at the Television Critics’ Association tour, True Blood​ showrunner Alan Ball told press that he has finalized a deal to bring the vampire drama back for a fifth season.

Back in June Ball had mentioned to THR that he was in negotiations with the network to renew the series but it was unclear what his role with the series would be and rumors circulated of his exit. Ball addressed the topic on Thursday saying, “There will be an end for me at some point but I just closed a deal to do another season. I don’t have any desire to leave because I’m having more fun than I ever had in my life.”

True Blood is currently airing its fourth season and actor Denis O'Hare has recently said in an interview that there are plans for him to return as Russell Edgington in the fifth season. Ball also confirmed on Thursday that the crew are currently creating new characters for the next season

True Blood stars Anna Paquin, Stephen Moyer, Alexander Skarsgard​, Ryan Kwanten​, Sam Trammell, Rutina Wesley​, Deborah Ann Woll​, Joe Manganiello​, and Nelsan Ellis​. Based on the book series by Charlaine Harris​; the series is developed and executive produced by Alan Ball.

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2011/07/29/alan-ball-says-true-blood-renewed-for-season-five-0
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply