Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Royalty Interview with Deidre Hall!
Topic Started: Aug 2 2011, 09:00 PM (14,389 Views)
px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

BalscoFan5
Aug 3 2011, 11:06 AM
I have never wanted summer to be over so quickly.
It's twisted, isn't it?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

I don't think Dee was literally calling Molly the star of the show, just that she has star quality and great energy.

King
Member Avatar

Fantastic interview!

She's so right about Christie. I am so excited for CC to be back.

AFaithL

Deidre is a fantastic spokesman for this show. Her enthusiasm is infectious! Can't wait to see Marlena back on my screen. I'm very interested in seeing her interact with her children: Brady, Sami, and Carrie. Also, of course, her continued romance with John. They are my favorite couple! And finally, Marlena is fantastic when dealing with her enemies. Can't wait to see her go head-to-head with Stefano!

To add on: Deidre said something about Marlena has been in contact with Will and that it will turn "into another fabulous story". My guess is that Marlena will help Will come to terms with his sexuality, and then the two of them will break the news to Sami and then Lucas. Should be some fantastic acting by Deidre, Chandler Massey, and Allison and Bryan.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Quote:

To add on: Deidre said something about Marlena has been in contact with Will and that it will turn "into another fabulous story". My guess is that Marlena will help Will come to terms with his sexuality, and then the two of them will break the news to Sami and then Lucas. Should be some fantastic acting by Deidre, Chandler Massey, and Allison and Bryan.
I agree. Having Marlena involved in Will's storyline will help add to the power of it.

AFaithL

Casey
Aug 6 2011, 09:58 PM
Quote:

I agree. Having Marlena involved in Will's storyline will help add to the power of it.
Yep. With people finally starting to go to work again, whether in business (Madison, Brady, Kate, Victor, Sami) or politics (EJ, Abe), I pray to God that Marlena starts her practice back up. Not only do I want her to help Will, but I'd love to see marriage counseling with EJ/Nicole, and scenes with Jennifer dealing with the Daniel/Jack scenerio.

Marlena used to have a thriving practice and could really help people with their problems. More of these type stories, please, and less of the brain chip ones.

Tammy
Member Avatar

That was, well... DELICIOUS! :P

Great interview lysie ;)

AFaithL

Also, I love both Sarah Brown and Christie Clark. Can't wait to see them both back!

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Thank you truly enjoyed reading Dee's insights and joy about her return :D
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 2 2011, 10:09 PM
Thanks everyone!

I didn't put this in the text, because it's hard to put silence and confusion into words. But..I asked her about the "the Kunitz twins who play Johnny" and she had no clue what I was talking about.
Really? I'm surprised they didn't do a scene where she met all of Sami's younger kids (I know she saw them as toddlers and off screen as kids).

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Aug 7 2011, 10:58 AM
lysie
Aug 2 2011, 10:09 PM
Thanks everyone!

I didn't put this in the text, because it's hard to put silence and confusion into words. But..I asked her about the "the Kunitz twins who play Johnny" and she had no clue what I was talking about.
Really? I'm surprised they didn't do a scene where she met all of Sami's younger kids (I know she saw them as toddlers and off screen as kids).
Based on her response, I don't think she even remembered who Johnny is.

drtimcurry
Member Avatar

IS Molly Burnett some kind of hypnotist? she convinces the writers, producers, and her coworkers that she is great?

Jarlena4Eva
Member Avatar
Drake's Back!!

drtimcurry
Aug 7 2011, 12:19 PM
IS Molly Burnett some kind of hypnotist? she convinces the writers, producers, and her coworkers that she is great?
I don't think she's that bad. She actually seems like she's a pretty cool person. It seems that people may be confusing her character for her and that seems a tad bit unfair. I have actually grown to like her character over the past 3 years. JMO though.

lysie
Member Avatar

Jarlena4Eva
Aug 7 2011, 12:49 PM
drtimcurry
I don't think she's that bad. She actually seems like she's a pretty cool person. It seems that people may be confusing her character for her and that seems a tad bit unfair. I have actually grown to like her character over the past 3 years. JMO though.
I can tell them part, but I'm still not head over heels for either the actress or the character. I find Molly's twitter personality incredibly annoying. She may be fine in real life, but her tweets are grating. I've always gone back and forth with Melanie. Right now, she doesn't bother me, but that's relatively recent. I couldn't stand to see her face all of 2010. The character was awful. She seems pretty popular with the cast, and I don't find that too surprising. She seems bubbly and happy, and she doesn't seem particularly fake. When her character isn't acting like a five year old onscreen, she's tolerable. On twitter when she's not constantly tweeting MOOOOOOMMMMMMMYYYYY and other weirdness like that, she's tolerable.

AFaithL

Jarlena4Eva
Aug 7 2011, 12:49 PM
drtimcurry
For the most part, I like Molly/Melanie, too. I think it's cool that she is so well-liked by the cast and that she and Deidre have formed this friendship. I wouldn't mind seeing Marlena and Melanie have some sort of work-related storyline at the hospital, since they are both medical professionals (doctor, nurse). I think it would be a good idea for Melanie to have a female mentor at the hospital to look up to, and Marlena would be a logical choice. However, I don't want to see 5 guys chasing Melanie around like we had in 2009/2010. I actually wish they weren't getting rid of Dario, because he is actually a decent fit for Melanie. I like her better with him than I did with Nathan, Brady, Philip, ect.
Edited by AFaithL, Aug 7 2011, 03:24 PM.

nadiagunness
Member Avatar

Can't wait, they're all so excited! Deidre Hall will always be the rep for Days because she has the biggest fan base and well she is a legend!!!!!!!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I have absolutely no idea how I missed this until now. Holy crap! Where the hell have I been? :blink:

What a fabulous interview! Not just what DH had to say - but I love the overall vibe and the great job Lysie did putting it together. I don't know how anyone could read this and not be excited about the upcoming changes. :)

Love hearing that she's so happy to be working with CC and PM and they'll be an integral part of the story. Just a few short weeks ago I was concerned they were part of the guest stars and wouldn't be around much or for long.

Fantastic job, LIE SEE! :hail:

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Aug 9 2011, 05:49 PM
I have absolutely no idea how I missed this until now. Holy crap! Where the hell have I been? :blink:

What a fabulous interview! Not just what DH had to say - but I love the overall vibe and the great job Lysie did putting it together. I don't know how anyone could read this and not be excited about the upcoming changes. :)

Love hearing that she's so happy to be working with CC and PM and they'll be an integral part of the story. Just a few short weeks ago I was concerned they were part of the guest stars and wouldn't be around much or for long.

Did you seriously not know that this happened?

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 9 2011, 06:19 PM
SocRMum1
Aug 9 2011, 05:49 PM

Did you seriously not know that this happened?
I seriously think she has been in DiDungeon hanging with Rolf.

Just as Mer & I suspected.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

C'mon now...do you seriously think if I'd been hanging out in DiDungeon with Rolf you wouldn't have seen the EJ doppleganger running around by now? Trust me...there'd be plenty of him to go around. ;)

In truth...apparently...I live in a bubble and while I knew that Lysie had interviewed the DHs I just didn't realize she was so quick smart with getting them posted. Seriously...that had to be record time. I should have taken in to consideration the apparent adrenalin rush she'd be coming down from. :lol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply