Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Royalty Interview with Drake Hogestyn!
Topic Started: Aug 2 2011, 10:08 PM (4,894 Views)
bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

Thanks for another great interview. And welcome back Mr John Black. With each passing interview I get more excited for the story they're going to be telling :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 2 2011, 10:08 PM
Greg Meng has introduced me to someone at Days of Our Lives that is a social media expert.
LOL! I hope he doesn't mean Sweeney!

This is an excellent interview and finally a few little tidbits about what is going on. It all sounds good. I can't wait to see if all this hype is as good as they want it to be!

Thanks for the interview, Lysie!

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Look at you, Daytime Royalty! Moving on up! Great interview.

Quote:

The show has been on the air for 45 years because you have a core audience thats really emotionally attached to the show and to certain characters. When you turn that TV set on, another things happens. Other people walk through the room, and they say, Hey, Grandma. Hey, Mom. What are you watching? And as long as that set is on, thats how you get the younger demographics. I think weve been neglecting the core audience for a long period of time. Its time to bring them home. Bring them back into the fold.

This is so true. I'm the 4th generation in my family stuck on this show. It started with my great-grandma, then my grandma, then my mom, and now me. It's a vicious cycle.
Edited by Spencer Hastings, Aug 2 2011, 11:18 PM.

Ellie

Quote:

it was like whoa! Things started coming back to him. Im the old John and again, and oh Marlena, my God, its you. Quick marry me before I die. Brady, my son. Oh my god. Okay, John, shut up. Ive got to get you to Lugano.
LOL I'm reading it again and noticed this. What an accurate summary. Love it.

andromeda

Loving these interviews and what the actors have to say about John and Marlena. I am looking forward to it and just so ready for it to be 26 September already!

Thank you for the interview!!

Taelyn

Thank you Thank you.. Wonderful Interview.
Im so in Love with Drake/aka John Black
I love EVERYTHING he said, loved the way he breaks it down and lets us in, And I am excited he will be jining Twitter and Facbook YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY..
Also I thought it spot on how he said.. Its easier to write for the Villian.. For the Hero you have to dig deep and find and playout the Layers.. THATS why John Black is the Ultimate hero... They wrote him with Layers, and He knew how to express them wonderfully.

Im So Excited !!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Wow! Good job Lysie and DR. What a fab interview. Loved the outside forces which I'm assuming are Stefano, who has been waiting for John. Loved the 4 couples umbrella thing although I hate to think of Safe as the fourth couple, something about them not belonging with the likes of Jarlena, Caustin, J&J, something tells me they will be the fourth.

Kyrai

Wonderful! I'm so glad he's back, and I LOVE that there will be an umbrella story. I hope it's like 1986 when all the stories were so interesting and merged together and I could barely wait for the next day to find out what would happen next. Thanks!

CynthiaHaskins1

Hi!,I have to say that the couples that are going up against stefano are going to be john and marlena and austin and carrie and jack and jennifer and bo and hope has the fourth couple.and i hope rafe and sami have there own storyline.i am so glad that drake is back on days of our lives
Edited by CynthiaHaskins1, Aug 3 2011, 07:32 AM.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks Lysie. You did a great job. Your interview is full of good bits and not all fluff.

I love John Black. Drake has always been so loyal to DOOL. Glad he's coming back and I can celebrate the show having a real hero again.

Now if I can just wait til the crap stories are over to get to the good stuff.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Another great interview! I loved what he said about chemistry, and about umbrella stories. I LOVE umbrella stories!

robolynn

Agreeing with the other posts is saying what a great interview and I'm counting the days until John is back! Can't wait. Thanks, Lysie and DR!

PatNS
Member Avatar

Thank you for the great interview. I am really looking forward to the end of September. I always enjoy reading anything Drake has to say and this was a real treat!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ginger
Member Avatar

Great interview! :applause:

Sounds promising!

Now to see...

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Yay! I'm glad he's happy with the material so far. I'm crossing my fingers that his return is really his return and somewhat separate from Marlena. I realize they're married, but his character took such a beating in the past... it's be nice to see Drake in scenes with more than just a handful of people. I miss when this show felt like a town and not just a room.

six
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Aug 2 2011, 10:43 PM
Although he's not focusing on Brady, he's not just going to ignore the guy. We already saw Brady all clean-cut and with a suit, meeting in his office aka The Brady Pub w/Madison.
That describes every guy on the show, both white and dark.

Fenderbabe, that's very true. I hope he's not just coming back as an appendage for Marlena either and that the show allows them to be separate character and not just johnandmarlena as one unit.
Edited by six, Aug 3 2011, 09:32 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

i'm only sad he's only had 1 scene so far with Brady :( I was really hoping they'd get some good scenes together from the start.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Congrats Lysie on the excellent interview.

At least Drake is saying (mostly) the right things...

Marlene

Brava! Outstanding. I can't wait for September.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Wonderful interview. Thanks
Quote:

It was only supposed to go from February sweeps to May sweeps. It was going to be a very short run, but a powerful run.

I didn't know this, glad they realized the potential and made it something more.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply