Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Royalty Interview with Drake Hogestyn!
Topic Started: Aug 2 2011, 10:08 PM (4,862 Views)
Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

six
Aug 3 2011, 09:32 AM
Liz<3Days
Aug 2 2011, 10:43 PM
Although he's not focusing on Brady, he's not just going to ignore the guy. We already saw Brady all clean-cut and with a suit, meeting in his office aka The Brady Pub w/Madison.
That describes every guy on the show, both white and dark.

Fenderbabe, that's very true. I hope he's not just coming back as an appendage for Marlena either and that the show allows them to be separate character and not just johnandmarlena as one unit.
Not necessarily. It's an old "Hollywood" trick- when the guy's "bad" he lets his hair grow out more and gets the 5 o'clock shadow. Another example that they used to use on EJ was wearing all black, like in that HOT scene with Nicole on the couch during the time Victor kidnapped Steffy and EJ was in charge.

Oh, I think Brady's going cold turkey on the booze and suit/clean-shaven look is one of the first signs of it!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

:wub: :wub: :cheer:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

WELCOME BACK JOHN!!

Thanks for this interview...GREAT job guys!

Good to see the DR snagging these high profile interviews ;)

King
Member Avatar

Great interview. :)

six
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Aug 3 2011, 10:21 AM
six
Aug 3 2011, 09:32 AM
Liz<3Days
Aug 2 2011, 10:43 PM
Although he's not focusing on Brady, he's not just going to ignore the guy. We already saw Brady all clean-cut and with a suit, meeting in his office aka The Brady Pub w/Madison.
That describes every guy on the show, both white and dark.

Fenderbabe, that's very true. I hope he's not just coming back as an appendage for Marlena either and that the show allows them to be separate character and not just johnandmarlena as one unit.
Not necessarily. It's an old "Hollywood" trick- when the guy's "bad" he lets his hair grow out more and gets the 5 o'clock shadow. Another example that they used to use on EJ was wearing all black, like in that HOT scene with Nicole on the couch during the time Victor kidnapped Steffy and EJ was in charge.

Oh, I think Brady's going cold turkey on the booze and suit/clean-shaven look is one of the first signs of it!
I guess we'll have to see, but it's only been since Tomlin took over that Days seemed to think bad guys had to look unkempt.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Great interview! I'm really excited to see what will happen in the fall. September needs to come already!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Another fabulous interview! I'm so impressed that DR has hit the big time - and the results are fantastic! These interviews are much better written and far more in depth than what we often see in the soap magazines and 'professional' sites. Bravo!

I really liked his last bit about how it's often difficult to write/play the hero because a villian is more layered. Drake really is one of the few actors to have made playing a hero interesting and long lasting and rarely boring. And the past few years have proven that it's not something just anyone can do. John Black and what he brings to the show has been sorely missed.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Great interview loved it and Drake is adorable :wub:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Great interview!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

paul89

Love it too but why would they Take john to Jail :S

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply