Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Real World/Road Rules: The Challenge; MTV Reality Show
Topic Started: Aug 3 2011, 10:52 AM (5,336 Views)
Manny
Member Avatar

Okay, I decided to open a new thread for this show, instead of discussing it in the Random Thread.

So, I just finished Battle of Sexes 1...

It was my least favorite season so far. I would have like it more probably if I knew everyone when it started, but since I never saw ANY Real World or Road Rules; I didn't know almost anyone. So first few episodes were really confusing, there were 36 contestants...

Another thing I didn't like was the scoring system. Same people dominated the entire season and same people were always in the Inner circle, which made all guy evictions predictable. Girl evictions were better, but still not to exciting. Many times people would volunteer to leave, which was also annoying.

Now, once I got to know most of them, I enjoyed the season a bit more. My favorite was Shane, whom I knew from watching some previous Challenges. And after watching this one, I love him even more! He is such a great person and a great competitor. He's my favorite guy by far now.

Puck was just nasty. He is good for TV, I guess, but I could never hang out with a person like Puck. Ew!

Ruthie, while amazing at challenges, was really easily manipulated and influenced (along with Ellen). I can't believe them two so easily accepted to evict their strong members like Rachel or Veronica... just because Emily told them that everyone wants those girls out (which was not true). Girls can't blame anyone but themselves for losing the challenge.

I like Lori. She was not featured a lot, but she seemed nice. Tanya is like a different person here. She was not whorish or anything. She was a really sweet girl. I can see what you've been talking about, Amello.

I like Eric Nies!

I can't believe Colin made it to the end, while spending the entire season on crutches! How did that guy manage to do all the tasks?!

I have to watch more of the Challenges to form an opinion on Veronica. On this one, she seemed okay, not really bitchy.. But I was pissed when she got voted off. I hate Emily. It was so pathetic when Emily decided to quit after guys voted of her boyfriend James. How sad and lame.

Oh, I liked Genesis! She was Shane's best friend here and she seems really sweet.

What else? Oh, I didn't like Johnny Mosley as the host. Not at all. He was so stiff.

Well, I'm moving on to Inferno 1 next! :D
Edited by Manny, Aug 3 2011, 10:53 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

First, BOTSexes 1 was awesome, you should be ashamed. But I guess you are just use to the OTT craziness.

I can't believe you didn't mention ANTOINE! So fucking hilarious. It's too bad he never did more challenges. My favourites on this season were Blair, Ellen, Veronica, Shane, Emily and Lori and MELISSA. How did she not register for you? COME ON NOW!

Also, though Julie was eliminated first, she's another Challenge LEGEND! Coral vs. Julie gets pretty epic.

Also, some background information ... IRL, Emily was extremely jealous of Veronica and insecure because James and Veronica had previously hooked up as when they were friends he helped her move into her new apartment before he got with Emily.

Oh, and if you thought Ayanna was a little out there, you NEED to watch BOTSexes 2 if you can/haven't already.

Here's a clip from RR: Semester at Sea where the amazing Veronica was being such a bitch towards Ayanna.

Edited by Bright Eyes, Aug 3 2011, 12:17 PM.

Manny
Member Avatar

Oh, I LOOOVE Antoine! He was really great! I loved when he was coming onto a girl judge during the snorkeling challenge.. :lol:

Melissa was hilarious! I laughed so much when she would do something.. When they were climbing the ladder and she started yelling that the wind will blow her away... :lol: Or when she was getting ready to go down that rope in the final challenge (before the finale)... she was funny! I didn't like her yelling at Julie in the first episode, since I liked Julie (from what I have seen in other challenges). I don't know why Melissa hates Julie...

Look, I think they main reason why this season didn't go so well for me, because it took me soooo much time to just remember everyone's names! You gotta know, that I don't know their backgrounds, I don't know NOTHING about 90% of them! So it was really confusing at the beginning and it took a lot of time for me to get to know them and start enjoying it.

Oh and I loooved Blair! I was so rooting for him to stay! He was always in the bottom, but somehow managed to stay. Too bad that ended and he was voted off.

It's a fun clip! Lol Ayanna was PISSED! haha And Veronica managed to stay so cool and calm. What was that about though? Did Veronica really copy her paper? lol

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Yes, Veronica did. That whole season is on YouTube. :)

Melissa said the reason on the show. Both girls were friends because they're both from RW: New Orleans (one of the best seasons ever). IRL, Julie called universities to say that she, not Melissa, should be getting hired instead. All these people make good money going to schools and talking about their experiences, et cetera. It's hilarious too because in one the challenges where it's Good vs. Bad guys, she's on the good guys team even though she's such a twat. LoL. Julie and her mother also screwed over Coral in real life, but I forget what exactly happened at the moment.

Manny
Member Avatar

I started watching Inferno 1... and I LOVE IT!

This season had the best intro show! They've explained everything in it. Who is with who, who likes/hates each other, who dated, who broke up... everything! Which is of great help to those who don't know the history between players! Plus, I know a lot of people on this season.

I love the concept as well. Each group nominates two people and the opposite group then chooses one of the two to fight in the Inferno! Great! So much fun!

Now onto the people..

Shane is here! Yay! :D And so is Coral! She's so amazing and I've only seen 4 episodes!

Now Katie... I have finally gotten to know her better. Wow... she's just a useless bitch! LOL She sucks at competitions! But I was happy she at least tried to climb that wall after initially saying she won't even try. She failed, but at least she tried.

Then we have Mike and Trishelle... OMG! She is just SO NASTY! I hate her! She cheated on Mike, left him, then when he hooks up with someone, she makes a scene, threatens to beat people up and after that, when she's nominated, she gets all pissy, blaming Coral for her situation?? Fuck you, nasty ho! I liked Julie up until now. Julie is siding with this nasty bitch, against Coral! Ew! I'm glad Trishelle is gone though.

I do like Mike so far. He's better off without that whore.

I was sad to see Ace go first. I liked him. And omg, CT is so different here, then what I remember him to be in the Duel (which actually happened after Inferno, so CT really changed to worse...)

I like Holly so far. She seems like a fierce competitor and a good leader.

I'll continue watching tomorrow. But so far, this season is great!

Manny
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Aug 3 2011, 03:27 PM

Melissa said the reason on the show. Both girls were friends because they're both from RW: New Orleans (one of the best seasons ever). IRL, Julie called universities to say that she, not Melissa, should be getting hired instead. All these people make good money going to schools and talking about their experiences, et cetera. It's hilarious too because in one the challenges where it's Good vs. Bad guys, she's on the good guys team even though she's such a twat. LoL. Julie and her mother also screwed over Coral in real life, but I forget what exactly happened at the moment.
Oh yeah! I forgot that it was explained on the show. It all happened so fast in that first episode, I was so confused LOL

Give me a link for the YouTube episodes.. Are there just RR episodes on YouTube? Are there any RW seasons? Or RW/RR?

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

I love Trishelle and her trashy ways. I wish they'd let her back for another challenge. And Katie does suck at competitions, but she's so hilariously crazy you'll grow to love her. One of the classic moments in history is with Trishelle in The Gauntlet, have you seen that one yet?

Oh and in this season one of the DUMBEST, yet hilarious, eliminations rounds happens later in the season. We will laugh about it later. LoL

Also, this season there are EPIC fights between Coral / Julie and Katie / Veronica. This is one of the best seasons ever, easy.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Manny
Aug 3 2011, 03:30 PM
Bright Eyes
Aug 3 2011, 03:27 PM

Oh yeah! I forgot that it was explained on the show. It all happened so fast in that first episode, I was so confused LOL

Give me a link for the YouTube episodes.. Are there just RR episodes on YouTube? Are there any RW seasons? Or RW/RR?
Road Rules is very rare, I find. I haven't seen much of it except the last season, and clips of others. Here's episode 1, part 1. I'm sure you know how to find the rest. :) Road Rules is probably easier to find because it's more known, but I'm really more about the challenges then the RW/RR series'.

Edited by Bright Eyes, Aug 3 2011, 03:41 PM.

Manny
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Aug 3 2011, 03:38 PM
I love Trishelle and her trashy ways. I wish they'd let her back for another challenge. And Katie does suck at competitions, but she's so hilariously crazy you'll grow to love her. One of the classic moments in history is with Trishelle in The Gauntlet, have you seen that one yet?

Oh and in this season one of the DUMBEST, yet hilarious, eliminations rounds happens later in the season. We will laugh about it later. LoL

Also, this season there are EPIC fights between Coral / Julie and Katie / Veronica. This is one of the best seasons ever, easy.
Ew, I knew you would like Trishelle. We agreed on so many players that I just knew we'd disagree on Trishelle. lol

I have not seen the Gauntlet yet, but it's downloading as we speak! :)

Can't wait to see the dumbest elimination yet + all the fights between the girls! :D I will keep you posted! :D

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Manny
Aug 3 2011, 03:43 PM
Bright Eyes
Aug 3 2011, 03:38 PM

Ew, I knew you would like Trishelle. We agreed on so many players that I just knew we'd disagree on Trishelle. lol

I have not seen the Gauntlet yet, but it's downloading as we speak! :)

Can't wait to see the dumbest elimination yet + all the fights between the girls! :D I will keep you posted! :D
Trishelle later appeared on The Surreal Life, FYI! And, come on, she's harmless and makes for good TV. Nothing to hate. :) It's always good to see Coral have another enemy to slap down with her big mouth.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Aug 3 2011, 03:48 PM.

Manny
Member Avatar

Oh she's definitely good for tv.. but as a person.. no, no... lol

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Aw, old school challenge!

Check iOffer.com for old Road Rules stuff.

Gauntlet I- awesome. I just rewatched it and it's pretty flippin' amazing.

BoTSexes I- was also pretty good. It was fascinating to watch the girls disintegrate the way that they did. That's the one where Rachel screams that the game is ugly, the inner circle is ugly...everyone is ugly, right?

You should check out Battle of the Seasons, from around 2001/2...ish. It has Sean/Elka from Boston, Steven/Lindsay from Seattle...one team from each season of RR and RW. It's the best challenge, imho, because the contestants found a way to undermine the entire concept. I think it's the first appearance of Coral and Mike, too, who were on like 107 of these things.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

px, Rachel took that quote from Veronica who said it two challenges previous, thanks to Emily, once again, being the mastermind at her being eliminated.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Thank you- I remember that now.

Veronica and Rachel...they were classics. Don't make 'em like that anymore.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

px780
Aug 3 2011, 08:53 PM
Thank you- I remember that now.

Veronica and Rachel...they were classics. Don't make 'em like that anymore.
They were also girlfriends, who had a bad break up and didn't talk to each other for awhile. They've since made up.

Alin89
Member Avatar

is anyone watch this season's challange called Rivals

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

I'm watching Rivals this season. I don't remember hating this many of the challengers before. The only one I can tolerate is CT because he is a nut case and it makes me laugh.

Manny
Member Avatar

px780
Aug 3 2011, 05:14 PM
Aw, old school challenge!

Check iOffer.com for old Road Rules stuff.

Gauntlet I- awesome. I just rewatched it and it's pretty flippin' amazing.

BoTSexes I- was also pretty good. It was fascinating to watch the girls disintegrate the way that they did. That's the one where Rachel screams that the game is ugly, the inner circle is ugly...everyone is ugly, right?

You should check out Battle of the Seasons, from around 2001/2...ish. It has Sean/Elka from Boston, Steven/Lindsay from Seattle...one team from each season of RR and RW. It's the best challenge, imho, because the contestants found a way to undermine the entire concept. I think it's the first appearance of Coral and Mike, too, who were on like 107 of these things.
I am trying to see all the seasons, but some are no where to be found... Battle of the Seasons is one of them.. But if I find it, I will watch it :)

And I must avoid reading your stuff about the current season! lol

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Manny
Aug 4 2011, 02:26 AM
And I must avoid reading your stuff about the current season! lol
I tried not to mention anything too big!

Rachel/Veronica- they made up? That's good to hear, for some reason. They had a T-shirt company or something together too, right? There was one challenge where a bunch of them kept showing up with homemade T's....I think it was BoTsexes II.

The new challenge- I tried to watch, but I don't know who any of those people are. Or most of them, anyway. I also have a bias against people who are Challenge-only. You should come from RR or RW. Who cares if RR doesn't exist anymore. Being Challenge-only...kinda lame, like you aren't good enough for a real show.

Manny
Member Avatar

I am loving Inferno.. I am getting close to the end..

But Julie vs Coral fight just happened.. so good! I am LOVING Coral.. she's such a fun bitchy! But I still love her. And Julie is a cool girl too.

OMG, Leah having her anxiety attack was scary. Her hands being all stiff was really weird.

Road Rules team just lost on purpose so Veronica could get a lifesaver and put Katie into the Inferno. Katie just realized they are throwing the mission and she's crying. I feel so sad for her. I mean, yeah, she sucks.. but they really made a fool of her.

I was so sad when Shane left so early. Because of fuckin milk! I hate milk too. I wouldn't even be able to do one glass.

Julie vs Katie is about to begin..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply