Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'All My Children', 'One Life To Live' To Return To TV?; Soaps Shopped To Cable Networks
Topic Started: Aug 3 2011, 06:26 PM (2,139 Views)
Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

'All My Children', 'One Life To Live' To Return To TV? Soaps Shopped To Cable Networks

By NELLIE ANDREEVA

EXCLUSIVE: ABC's canceled daytime dramas All My Children and One Life To Live may be returning to television. I hear that Prospect Park, the company, which licensed the soaps from ABC and plans to relaunch them online in the first quarter of 2012, is meeting with cable networks -- both big-tent, general entertainment networks and female-centered nets -- about TV sale of the two series and is getting interest. Under its agreement with ABC, Prospect Park has the right to carve out a traditional TV window, which, at least for now, is expected to come after the episodes premiere online.

Prospect Park has cable ties -- the company co-produces the hit USA Network drama Royal Pains. Repeats of All My Children and One Life To Live have been airing on cable, on Disney's SoapNet, which will be rebranded to Disney Jr. early next year, around the time the two soaps migrate to the Web and possibly another cable channel.

Prospect Park is currently talking with unions, trying to hammer out the terms of collective bargaining agreements for the cast and the crews of the two series. (Despite reports, the company does not have a deal with ABC to license the network's other daytime drama, General Hospital, if the network cancels it.) Prospect Park has said that All My Children and One Life To Live will "continue to be delivered with the same quality and in the same format and length," meaning that the company plans to deliver five broadcast-quality episodes a week each of the two soaps.

All My Children will end its run on ABC on Sept. 23, One Life to Live in January 2012.

SOURCE
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alin89
Member Avatar

is it TV or internet so confusing
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Internet with cable as a second window

Cake_LH_fan

Thank you for posting!!

KMan101
Member Avatar

Errol at SON posted a new article and in it he stated that OLTL will get THREE studios, to cut down on having to take sets up and down. So it seems clear that Prospect Park isn't hurting for money! Wow.
Edited by KMan101, Aug 5 2011, 03:15 PM.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Clus-ter-fuck!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply