Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Marg Helgenberger Leaving 'CSI'
Topic Started: Aug 4 2011, 09:11 AM (512 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Marg Helgenberger Leaving 'CSI' in January
9:02 AM 8/4/2011 by Lesley Goldberg

Marg Helgenberger’s Catherine Willows is following in Laurence Fishburne’s footsteps and signing off CSI.

After more than 250 episodes of the series, original cast member Helgenberger opted to return for Season 11 only after executive producer Carol Mendelsohn approached her last season and asked her to remain on so the writers could properly script her exit.

“The combination of that info and me having a hard time letting go of this show and this group of people, I said, ‘Yeah, I'm not done playing this character; I’m not done letting go of this group of people,” the actress told The Hollywood Reporter at TCA Wednesday.

“Marg will be around through January, so Episode 12,” Mendelsohn said. “People come and go and come back, so hopefully when we say goodbye, that won’t be the last time we see her.”

Ted Danson's character, CSI supervisor DB Russell (who replaced Fishburne), will affect Willows' role within the team.

"Ted’s character is pretty endearing and he has a way of looking at a crime scene that’s a fresh perspective and it gets under everybody’s skin – in a good way,” she says, noting that the crew took some “liberties” with the way the crime last season was solved. Willows, ultimately, is a team player and may directly be impacted in the fallout.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

RonanLives
Member Avatar

Rick
Aug 4 2011, 09:11 AM
Marg Helgenberger Leaving 'CSI' in January
9:02 AM 8/4/2011 by Lesley Goldberg

Marg Helgenberger’s Catherine Willows is following in Laurence Fishburne’s footsteps and signing off CSI.

After more than 250 episodes of the series, original cast member Helgenberger opted to return for Season 11 only after executive producer Carol Mendelsohn approached her last season and asked her to remain on so the writers could properly script her exit.

“The combination of that info and me having a hard time letting go of this show and this group of people, I said, ‘Yeah, I'm not done playing this character; I’m not done letting go of this group of people,” the actress told The Hollywood Reporter at TCA Wednesday.

“Marg will be around through January, so Episode 12,” Mendelsohn said. “People come and go and come back, so hopefully when we say goodbye, that won’t be the last time we see her.”

Ted Danson's character, CSI supervisor DB Russell (who replaced Fishburne), will affect Willows' role within the team.

"Ted’s character is pretty endearing and he has a way of looking at a crime scene that’s a fresh perspective and it gets under everybody’s skin – in a good way,” she says, noting that the crew took some “liberties” with the way the crime last season was solved. Willows, ultimately, is a team player and may directly be impacted in the fallout.
I think they should just end the show. Were now down just to Nick as the last person from the first episode. I know it good show. But I know from another shows it not going to last much longer if each season they lose a character. I don't know how much longer it can hang on. Eleven years is wonderful.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I haven't been watching lately, is Sara still there? It pretty much went downhill for me after Grissom left.

Shylock

Grissom is the guy that held that show together. They should have just signed him to an extra season with the promise that it'd be the show's last, so that CSI could go out with some dignity instead of winding up being CBS' version of Law & Order.

Bremol
Member Avatar

Shylock
Aug 6 2011, 12:35 AM
Grissom is the guy that held that show together. They should have just signed him to an extra season with the promise that it'd be the show's last, so that CSI could go out with some dignity instead of winding up being CBS' version of Law & Order.
I agree. I quit watching when he left. They should have just gone out with a bang instead of jumping the shark and whimpering out with their tail between their legs.
Edited by Bremol, Aug 11 2011, 12:09 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply