Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Desperate Housewives to END This Season
Topic Started: Aug 5 2011, 03:10 PM (368 Views)
NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

by: Nellie Andreeva
August 5, 2011 01:05 PM PDT
Scoop: Desperate Housewives To End This Season
http://www.tvline.com/2011/08/scoop-desperate-housewives-to-end-this-season/

It’s a sad day for the smart and sassy suburban women on Wisteria Lane: Sources confirm that ABC will announce on Sunday at the Television Critics Association summer press tour that this 2011-2012 season will be the last for long-running Desperate Housewives.

Key castmembers are starting to be told, and we hear that Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross, and Eva Longoria are shocked and saddened since the ABC Studios series created by Marc Cherry was expected to continue until 2013 after the longtime showrunner said that he wanted the show to go for nine seasons.

When this season’s premiere episode is broadcast on Sunday, September 25th, it will be the first without Cherry at the helm. He stepped down at the end of last season as executive producer/showrunner and is expected to be a consultant on Season 8 while focusing on development of other series. Cherry also was slapped by former castmate Nicolette Sheridan with an embarrassing lawsuit which is still winding its way through the Los Angeles courts. Since the provocative and profitable dramedy’s premiere on October 3, 2004, the show has been a hit with viewers and critics alike: a solid Nielsen performer as well as a multiple Emmy and Screen Actors Guild award winner. The series premiere drew 21.6 million viewers and the show’s first season finale attracted over 30 million viewers. Since 2006 and continuing into 2010, it was the most-watched comedy series internationally, with an average viewership of 51.6 million viewers across 68 territories. Moreover, it was the third-highest revenue earning show for 2010, with $2.74 million per half hour.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

Should have happened years ago.

KMan101
Member Avatar

It's too bad it took 7 seasons for Marc Cherry to finally step down. Hopefully this season is vastly different ... in a good way.

I'm glad they'll know they are ending. It's a shame the show went so off-track. It was really such a fun, different show in Season 1 and even Season 2. Last season was better than the past few, IMO, but still not great.

LPS
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 5 2011, 03:14 PM
Should have happened years ago.
Nah....this is the right time. I am glad they are ending it this year because it was starting to get really bad. Season 1 was fantastic. Season 2-3 sucked. Season 4 was wonderful and after that it was crud.

lene
Member Avatar

.....and what about Grey's!? That show sucks now.

King
Member Avatar

Definitely time. Hope they make it a kick ass last season.

rknudson78
Member Avatar

I am not surprised by the news. I knew the ratings was going down.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Good news..Hopefully, this is a good season for them..I think Grey's has a few more years now..I love their current cast..

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Stopped watching 4 seasons ago.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply